1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,442 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
IMAG0013_1.jpg

@Cano

Pretty much.
I don't recommend opening a car that has any value anyways, unless you have a really good reason.
Unless it's made from solid gold or diamonds then yeah, opening it up will pretty much eliminate any value.

Even loose (uncarded) cars can still be worth a bit depending on the car itself and condition.

Pretty clear then :lol: Thanks for the replies guys 👍

Well, I have around 100 cars, so maybe I can find a bigger version of that. What're they called?

Those are simple tackle boxes, that you can find about anywhere. They hold around 10 cars.

Or
image.jpg

You could get these "Jammers" cases that hold 24 cars on each side, so about 40-50 cars. Only problem is that I don't think they sell them in stores anymore, but you can still get them online.

Those are simple tackle boxes, that you can find about anywhere. They hold around 10 cars.

Or
View attachment 145009
You could get these "Jammers" cases that hold 24 cars on each side, so about 40-50 cars. Only problem is that I don't think they sell them in stores anymore, but you can still get them online.

This is the same thing @mustang fanatic brought up, cheaper. Walmart online have them for about the same price, maybe a bit higher.

Team America, 🤬 yeah!

Thanks for the help guys! I started looking online but I can't find ones with more than 50 compartments.

Considering that I almost always wait until night to take photos, making use of your closet totally works!
You going to get a large white bristol board in there?

I just put $16 on a MBX Bentley Continental. I'm nuts, but not really - I did blacklist a lot of cars for this reason. Hope for winning the Lesney Edition Defender 110S for a low bid was impossible. I put down $42 despite anticipating that it would be beat rather easily and it was true. With the previous bidders being sniped by 4 other bidders, the fighting bidder fought off 3 of us and lost to one with a $56 shot at the listing. I decided I'll wait for another opportunity.

Considering that I almost always wait until night to take photos, making use of your closet totally works!
You going to get a large white bristol board in there?
For? If you are talking about light diffusion I do need to find something that works better than the tracing paper I am currently using...

The bristol board to create that curve in the background so you completely avoid seeing the edge of the lightbox (where the floor meets the wall).

kinda like this:

lightbox.jpg

Tracing paper works great for diffusion. Gift-wrap tissue paper does too.

O
The bristol board to create that curve in the background so you completely avoid seeing the edge of the lightbox (where the floor meets the wall).

kinda like this:

lightbox.jpg

Tracing paper works great for diffusion. Gift-wrap tissue paper does too.
Oh yeah I can just get some posterboard from Wal-Mart for that.

To continue the potentially short-lived topic of photographing these things, I've been thinking of creating a floating round pedestal made of metal (or looks hella close to one) that is suspended from the floor in a completely dark open space. In the far distance, sans-serif block text that reads "AOS" will be barely lit from the single spotlight directly above the car. Getting light on the sides would be accomplished with aluminum foil. It'll likely require mechanical arms to hold up the reflecting foil, and a frame to be built to hold up a black backdrop.

We'll see though. It'd be rather tacky if I do the off-center composition for documenting new cars in the collection, but it'd be pretty meaningless to do a centered composition as it doesn't do a whole lot more than a plain white backdrop.

Or maybe I can use that idea to showcase my customs. Who knows.

heck yes, GTP is unblocked at work. I was gonna post pictures of stuff to celebrate, but guess what? Flickr is blocked now :lol: freaking thing -_-

I have a lot of these boxes mounted to the wall. 👍

hw10.jpg

..And of course one on my desk.
(You always need some cars within range... :D)

hw9.jpg

Back