1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
:nervous:

The moving parts will probably put the price up. I'm guessing it's going to be a similar price tag to the Silvia Silhouettes...
Probably slightly more than my GreenLight flatbeds.....

glg.jpg

All three combined. :lol:

Well, this week has ended as well as it started.

Took the dogs out and stopped by my local Halfords earlier. They'd had 1 duffed up LUV on their counter peg for weeks and I had been promised stock would be got in soon.

This is what I scored with a promise again of more soon, I was more than happy. E36 on the pegs, asked what was left in the back and came up with the other 3 out of about half a box :eek::drool::D:tup:
'14 & '15 cars, hope they get more of them.
I didn't take note of the box code or what I keep leaving so I might film my next forays just to see.

image.jpeg

Possibly the last K day thanks to the Kmart by my house that's finally closing. Was one of the last ones called and got these from my case
IMG_3861.JPG
The rest. Only was missing the Bel air gasser cars were .89 cents because they were closing.
IMG_3908.JPG
Then I was lucky because there's two Walgreens in my area so I went looking for the gran turismo series I found them all. Got all but the ford GT at one store then found the GT at a different one.
IMG_3907.JPG
I did find a R35 gtr for the entertainment series but I didn't get it because it was the only one at a Target.

I'm actually surprised, the Koenigsegg fetches $125 CAD on eBay. I listed it for $90 to attract buyers, someone offers to do $60 pickup this very morning, and it sold in minutes. Met up with this lady at my workplace before starting and pocketed the same amount of money I earned during today's shift.

Good profit today (~1000% return on investment); good offset for all previous losses.

I like Japan Booster. They've been good to me, really great for my TLV collecting. Whenever they sell older, rarer(i.e. $$$) TLVs, or Tomicaramas, I occasionally place a low bid to sort of encourage & motivate bidding..... Well, I actually won something I already own. :lol:

Capture000.PNG

I suppose I might as well see if I could add an item or two I actually want. I'll probably flip this Transporter for profit. :embarrassed:

$1000 and it's yours. Note how there's not a decimal point. :P
Be reasonable Johnny!
I'm actually surprised, the Koenigsegg fetches $125 CAD on eBay. I listed it for $90 to attract buyers, someone offers to do $60 pickup this very morning, and it sold in minutes. Met up with this lady at my workplace before starting and pocketed the same amount of money I earned during today's shift.

Good profit today (~1000% return on investment); good offset for all previous losses.
Wait, I'm confused: Are you saying you listed something that would've sold for $125 for $90 & took $60 instead?

Don't get me wrong, if you are happy, I'm happy & like you said: 1000% return is not too shabby!

I like Japan Booster. They've been good to me, really great for my TLV collecting. Whenever they sell older, rarer(i.e. $$$) TLVs, or Tomicaramas, I occasionally place a low bid to sort of encourage & motivate bidding..... Well, I actually won something I already own. :lol:

View attachment 589577

I suppose I might as well see if I could add an item or two I actually want. I'll probably flip this Transporter for profit. :embarrassed:

Be reasonable Johnny!

Wait, I'm confused: Are you saying you listed something that would've sold for $125 for $90 & took $60 instead?

Don't get me wrong, if you are happy, I'm happy & like you said: 1000% return is not too shabby!

Most buyers are from the states, and at least 70% of people who ask for shipping quotes get turned off if I mention anything over $13.... CAD (you share in that notion).

But yeah, I could've waited for another offer which would have been likely to happen, but I'm also not confident in my sales strategies. This is why I didn't hesitate when I had someone willing to buy right away, even if they're only offering half of what I could have gotten. I'm not too concerned as it was only $6 at checkout, so being given three twenties on the spot for a Hot Wheels was a pretty nice feeling.

Lady said she bought it for her hubby. My word, does she have something to brag about now. I had an idea of remodeling the fender size and repainting it, but right now, I'd rather take $60.

With that TLV transporter I looked at bunch of TLVs & Kyoshos to add, but I didn't really see anything I wanted to pay full price on..... then I found these Kyoshos:

s-l1600.jpg

$16.49 :drool:

Pic from another seller(hopefully w/better tire intall):
specialred2.jpg

$8.09. I've been wanting this specific model & color since when it was first released. Better late than never!

I have the 2008 NSX Beads I want to buy off Japan Booster, but like you, I'm only aiming for that free shipping, and sadly there is nothing else he has I want at the moment.

Picked this guy up tonight (not my pic) because awesome. Somehow I missed the red one that was released first, will have to snag that one off eBay. I promptly used a silver paint marker to detail the wheel of the spare tire on the back there just so everything matched. :P

View attachment 588436
So yeah, remember how I said I was going to get the red one off eBay? Ordered it the same night, it shipped on Friday with an estimated delivery of Thursday the 29th. Just got notified that it arrived today. :eek:

So yeah, remember how I said I was going to get the red one off eBay? Ordered it the same night, it shipped on Friday with an estimated delivery of Thursday the 29th. Just got notified that it arrived today. :eek:
This wouldn't happen to be the delivery truck now would it? :crazy:

thm_phpXkSXuP.jpg

You tease! :D

I started the TLV vs. CM's Delta Integrale comparison today:

0000000000.JPG

While TLV is the better scale model, I've yet to decide the winner. In a way, I find the CM's more impressive. As soon as TLV announced the Lancia, I expressed my disappointment knowing that they could have used the R&D on another car that hadn't been covered yet. After seeing these two cars side-by-side, at least for me, that point definitely stands.

Edit - I'm on the road today, so I've of course decided to check out the stores along the freeway? Very first stop just now :

DSC_0014.JPG

Found the Datsun trucks. :embarrassed: I also picked up the Good Year Auto-Hauler because it said that it has car inside, and it says limited edition? M2's usually good about putting on the "limited edition" label what the production run was, but this one doesn't have anything on it. I picked it up anyway. :crazy:

Last edited:
Last I had a very important phone call from Kmart regarding the issue I had weeks ago. As it was last update, I'm free to go into the store. But now there's more: the employee who started the whole mess has been fired and the manager put on a probation until the end of the calender year. The second employee got a warning and me? I have a $50 gift card coming in the mail. :cool:

Last I had a very important phone call from Kmart regarding the issue I had weeks ago. As it was last update, I'm free to go into the store. But now there's more: the employee who started the whole mess has been fired and the manager put on a probation until the end of the calender year. The second employee got a warning and me? I have a $50 gift card coming in the mail. :cool:
Wow. Actually justice. Good for you Johnny. 👍

Back