1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
GuiaZKyl.jpg

5 cars on the backlog for photos now. Yay -_-

Speaking of Mad Max, I just finished taking pictures of the GreenLight Mad Max car. I will dedicate the post to @Spacegoat who is oh so close to having one in his collection. :P:D
5 cars on the backlog for photos now. Yay -_-
NSX first! Please!!
Found these in a rural general store, sitting on the pegs among other similarly old Hot Wheels. The Firebird is from 2002 and the Olds from 1999. The Olds also marks the first time I've found a car in a store that's older than me :lol:. Makes me wonder if the store owner was selling some personal stuff or if these have been waiting to be bought for almost two decades.
I think sometimes, somebody's collection, or old inventory can find its way to smaller stores. I've found years old Hot Wheels, Matchbox in major retailers in the past. Coolest one was one of the original Datsun 510 Hot Wheels in black. Card was beat up, but these 510s were difficult to find, even when they were new, so I jumped on that one. I think the oldest I ever found was late 90's Mustang Convertible by Matchbox. It was probably 2012-ish when I found it on a peg at Kroger/Fred Meyer store.

Couple of interesting finds today.
View attachment 667099
Found these in a rural general store, sitting on the pegs among other similarly old Hot Wheels. The Firebird is from 2002 and the Olds from 1999. The Olds also marks the first time I've found a car in a store that's older than me :lol:. Makes me wonder if the store owner was selling some personal stuff or if these have been waiting to be bought for almost two decades.

Long enough ago that both brands were still in business.

I think sometimes, somebody's collection, or old inventory can find its way to smaller stores. I've found years old Hot Wheels, Matchbox in major retailers in the past. Coolest one was one of the original Datsun 510 Hot Wheels in black. Card was beat up, but these 510s were difficult to find, even when they were new, so I jumped on that one. I think the oldest I ever found was late 90's Mustang Convertible by Matchbox. It was probably 2012-ish when I found it on a peg at Kroger/Fred Meyer store.
I would genuinely be interested in finding out how these cars got to where I found them, or how these old cars in general end up in middle of nowhere towns. Actually, when I noticed the cars from a distance I figured they would be at most from the 2010s, but got a bit of a surprise; I did also see a couple of Twin Mill IIs in the mix as well, which is a casting that hasn't been done in years (not that either of what I got has had much attention recently either).

I would genuinely be interested in finding out how these cars got to where I found them, or how these old cars in general end up in middle of nowhere towns. Actually, when I noticed the cars from a distance I figured they would be at most from the 2010s, but got a bit of a surprise; I did also see a couple of Twin Mill IIs in the mix as well, which is a casting that hasn't been done in years (not that either of what I got has had much attention recently either).
I work at a dealership & our retail parts store had some really old hot wheels & matchbox cars. In the case with us, I guess some small time diecast salesman came in to see if we wanted to buy them for resale. While these are older hot wheels, I'm of the impression we paid almost low retail for them(too high for resale). I also had some random collector who was interested in selling us hundreds of hot wheels in the past, for resale(we passed that time).

With your store, who knows. You might have to ask them next time you are nearby. :D

I will dedicate the post to @Spacegoat who is oh so close to having one in his collection. :P:D

You don't know how right you were. :lol:

Greenlight "Last of the V8's" Mad Max Interceptor by Jarrod, on Flickr

And very kind of you to open yours. As you can probably guess, mine is staying sealed. :P

Also, a couple more things.

Tomica Premium Porsche.
Tomica Premium Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 by Jarrod, on Flickr

Spark Porsche 919.
Spark Porsche 919 LMP1 Le Mans 2015 by Jarrod, on Flickr

And Spark Nissan GT-R LM.
Spark Nissan GT-R LM Nismo by Jarrod, on Flickr

More pics of everything, right here

You don't know how right you were. :lol:

Greenlight "Last of the V8's" Mad Max Interceptor by Jarrod, on Flickr

And very kind of you to open yours. As you can probably guess, mine is staying sealed. :P

Also, a couple more things.

Tomica Premium Porsche.
Tomica Premium Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 by Jarrod, on Flickr

Spark Porsche 919.
Spark Porsche 919 LMP1 Le Mans 2015 by Jarrod, on Flickr

And Spark Nissan GT-R LM.
Spark Nissan GT-R LM Nismo by Jarrod, on Flickr

Are those bottom 3 really 1/64, I mean that their soo detailed?

I bought some hotwheels today at the Walmart I work at. I wasn't aware that HW released a Lamborghini series until now, so I collected most of them. Of course, I'm disappointed that the series doesn't include the Diablo, Gallardo, or Huracan.
20170816_152655.jpg 20170816_152731.jpg 20170816_152808.jpg 20170816_152847.jpg20170816_152928.jpg 20170816_152951.jpg 20170816_153005.jpg

With your store, who knows. You might have to ask them next time you are nearby. :D
Stopped again today, and nobody knew anything about the retro Hot Wheels. I did get a better look at them and noticed one had a stapled blister and another a torn blister, so I have a hunch that it's a selection that the store owner is selling off. Here's a picture of what they had:
20170816_153654.jpg

And of course I found another Firebird in there that I had to grab :D.
20170816_160557.jpg

The blister is yellowed pretty bad, so it will be free from it's box soon enough.

Swung by Walmart after not vising for two days. They just break my heart man. They finally got pop culture series I'd actually buy: "Mad". They had these two "Spy vs Spy" Dodge A100 vans in black & white, but they are of course both gone. Knowing this Walmart, they will restock more garbage that nobody will buy & we'll never see the Mad series again. Thank you my local Walmart, you suck(they have given me couple of $TH's actually....).
Awesome job with the pics, some of your best. 👍
I still think I suck, but thank you. :crazy:👍
You break my heart, Jarrod. Also broken is the heart of your newest prisoner. :( :lol:
Now, your pics, they are awesome. Very clear(of course, you actually have a nice camera lol).
Hmm, F&F Eclipse incoming?
I LOVE that car. God, I hope you are right. :drool:
Stopped again today, and nobody knew anything about the retro Hot Wheels. I did get a better look at them and noticed one had a stapled blister and another a torn blister, so I have a hunch that it's a selection that the store owner is selling off. Here's a picture of what they had:
Yeah, I think that's entirely possible. Either that, or selling on behalf of somebody else, etc.
The blister is yellowed pretty bad, so it will be free from it's box soon enough.
That's a shame. The card says "Snack Time" series. Now, I've seen it all. :lol:

The card says "Snack Time" series. Now, I've seen it all. :lol:
Hot Wheels had some weird series back then. There were 3 others, all sponsored by fictional snack foods of course.
b3bde460beaa9bd114aa0bee3d997148.jpg

The Monte Carlo was also super heavy thanks to that thick metal base it had.

New post:

TLV Honda S600
000000000000.JPG

Restored Post:

Suzuki Fronte
000.jpg

You're way too harsh on yourself man. This shot in particular rocks.
I tried to get the shot of the blower from the front & back, and I'm not trying to be hard on myself, they are just not really great. :lol:
Meh, it'll get over it. :lol:
Nobody gets over prison, Jarrod. Nobody!!
Hot Wheels had some weird series back then. There were 3 others, all sponsored by fictional snack foods of course.
I can kinda see why I wasn't collecting hot wheels back then. j/k

Unpopular opinion. The white one is cooler than the Dunlop version.

I could be a little biased though...:sly:
I tried to get the shot of the blower from the front & back, and I'm not trying to be hard on myself, they are just not really great. :lol:

You stop that now! You did an excellent job of showcasing the pathetic little blower Greenlight stuck on it. :lol:
Nobody gets over prison, Jarrod. Nobody!!

Most of my collection suffer from PTSD. :lol:

Today I did something that in hindsight I probably shouldn't have done. At one point I was in a grocery store that had one of those metal wire bins being used as a dump bin for Hot Wheels. I started looking through it to help my one buddy out as he emailed me a list of cars he was looking for. I only found a Super TH that wasn't on his list but when I was pulling it out of the bin, the hook on the card got caught on the bin and since I was holding the car by the blister pack, the blister got almost completely torn off. I wasn't in the mood to deal with it, so I just held my hand still and opened it, letting the car fall right back in the bin. Then I walked out of the store and went on down the road.

What I now feel like I should've done was buy the car for my friend (or myself) anyway and not leave it behind in its damaged to the point of it almost being uncarded state, but at the same time he's one of those "keep everything carded" guys so he wouldn't have wanted it anyway. :indiff:

Silly Space Goat Knight, I also said that a few pages ago! It's far from an unpopular opinion from that alone... Plus, seeing the checkered pattern on the Dunlop car reminds me of Chargeman Ken for some reason;
latest

And I don't really know how I should feel about that. Knowing what the show is however, perhaps laughing is the best medicine for my doubts... :lol:

Both are pretty sweet!
You stop that now! You did an excellent job of showcasing the pathetic little blower Greenlight stuck on it. :lol:
I forgot you guys were talking about that. I can't imagine it being much larger though. It looks plenty big to me,but I don't remember the original car much at all, at least not in detail.
Most of my collection suffer from PTSD. :lol:
PTSD suggest the that they were from the "past" experiences. This tragedy is still ongoing! :lol:
Today I did something that in hindsight I probably shouldn't have done. At one point I was in a grocery store that had one of those metal wire bins being used as a dump bin for Hot Wheels. I started looking through it to help my one buddy out as he emailed me a list of cars he was looking for. I only found a Super TH that wasn't on his list but when I was pulling it out of the bin, the hook on the card got caught on the bin and since I was holding the car by the blister pack, the blister got almost completely torn off. I wasn't in the mood to deal with it, so I just held my hand still and opened it, letting the car fall right back in the bin. Then I walked out of the store and went on down the road.

What I now feel like I should've done was buy the car for my friend (or myself) anyway and not leave it behind in its damaged to the point of it almost being uncarded state, but at the same time he's one of those "keep everything carded" guys so he wouldn't have wanted it anyway. :indiff:
Which $TH was it?

Back