1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,408 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Most recent addition to my 1:64 GT3 collection:
m7ct7TO.jpg

Nez4CQR.jpg

BONUS: This was the first model car I ever purchased back in 2007:
zXvDcfH.jpg

1dP7KaQ.jpg

Mini GT has some really nice new releases, I really need to pick up more of them myself...
Anyway more new stuff, most all of it premium HW:

That's quite a haul. I'd be lucky if I found any of these where I live...

Lamley has been pushing this recently:

mmexport1579018024803_1024x1024@2x.jpg

But it's $50. Not worth it IMO. It's also been done before. Anyone here remember the Modifiers cars? They started in 1/43 scale I believe but did come out with some 1/64 versions.

s-l1600.jpg

Lamley has been pushing this recently:

mmexport1579018024803_1024x1024@2x.jpg

But it's $50. Not worth it IMO. It's also been done before. Anyone here remember the Modifiers cars? They started in 1/43 scale I believe but did
This would be neat to have next to my TLV F40, but it's just an Evo... I'm pretty sure I can get something like this for a much cheaper price.

That's quite a haul. I'd be lucky if I found any of these where I live...
The two complete Car Culture sets in that post were ones I had to find online, since all the stores around here get raided heavily for premium HW. Most of my fancy HW purchases are either at a flea market vendor I regularly go to or online shops due to how hard finding complete sets in store are.

To my surprise, a few of these were restocked after months of not seeing them. When they first came out, I didn't feel like spending that much money just to get the R34, until I realized how good it looks in terms of detail. So I'm glad I was able to pick one up, even though I don't care about the aero lift.

Insisting this year I'd buy less diecasts went well...

7C22AC09-3DD9-4E1C-98BF-8DBF0A02D844.jpeg

6150CB2F-8401-4ECE-94FC-52474F7D759A.jpeg

After a couple of beers the other night it also appears that I've also ordered a Ignition Models 1/64 Nismo Omori Factory BNR34 Z-Tune :embarrassed:

Thoughts:

Skyline GTS25 X•G - Typical Tomica, a great casting, sharp and accurate but let down by the paint. The bumper is obviously painted separately at a different angle (much like real life) which means the metallic picks up the light differently to the body appearing much darker. I know this happens at 1:1, but at such a small scale it seems more noticeable.

The HW combo is a nice package and I can see why it's so popular. There's a degree of playability in the Aero Lift, but the bed mechanism soon feels like it's going to break after a few goes.

The details on the BNR34 are great, though application is a little disappointing. At one point the deco quality on HW premium was reliable, but it seems now even the more expensive models are becoming sloppy. This isn't as bad as some I've seen (all the lights line up which is nice) but one of the wing end caps is a little off target and has hit the wing mount beneath along with one of the window frames which doesn't quite line up. The front GT-R badge is also partially hidden by the bumper.

I know that sounds like nit picking, but when you're buying the models blind via the US you'd like to hope it was less of a lottery compared to buying basics which have to be vetted much more closely!

I'll still likely pick up the Boulevard BCNR33 when they become available to the UK at none scalper prices to complete the 'set'.

Looking forward to the Ignition GT-R as I've not had any of their smaller offerings so far, as I have no real fondness for Pandem kitted cars.

I've only just seen this thread. I didn't know they were still making so many, as I haven't seen many in shops. Brings back lots of memories. :) I still have a shoebox full of cars, some over 40 years old. :eek: :lol: Reminded me of some pics I took for an online photo challenge in 2006! :eek: So not the greatest pics, but here are some pics I took for a 'Macro' photo challenge. The Ford's are more 'macro', but the Ferrari's had the better casting.
Ferrari.jpg

Ford RS200.jpg

Last edited:
I've just been looking through some old posts, and found one by AOS-, who was moving some cars on. In one of his images he had a Ford RS2000 which looked almost exactly the same as one I have, even the quality of the paper stickers on. :lol: Got a weird feeling seeing something that could have been my copy. :eek: And he was also selling some RS200's like image I posted above. :)

I've been tempted by the Subaru Impreza 22B which I have been seeing, which was a car I loved in some Gran Turismo games. :)

Latest Posts

Back