1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket.

IMG_20200228_190907.jpg

I finally got this just recently! I can remember drooling over it nearly 6 years ago, but I never got it due to the price sadly and I kind of regretted not even trying to do so. Fortunately, I recently saw it again for the first time since and I got it for a reasonable price and I am thoroughly satisfied with it! :D The set was new in the box and had never been opened, until I opened it anyhow. :lol:
IMG_0910.JPG

Here are some individual shots of the vehicles included with it.
Airbus. I don't think I have one of these in my collection, so it's a nice addition to it for sure. However, it looks very familiar to me and I have a feeling this isn't my first time seeing it. This thing is constructed weirdly though, it has rivets on the other side of the body instead of the bottom. Neat casting either way though, even though it's kind of small.
IMG_0916.JPG

Not sure what this one is supposed to be called, but I have seen several others within the Auto City series, but never owned one until now. It certainly stands out from the other helicopters I have and I like it, but I kind of wish they didn't do the fold-up rotors, I like ones that spin freely.
IMG_0915.JPG

Daimler Scout Car. Easily my favorite one in the set! 👍 It's a fairly large vehicle with a soldier that can be moved around. What's interesting is unlike those construction vehicles I posted back in the summer (that have the same wheels), this one rolls very well and the wheels don't wobble at all like they did. A pleasant surprise! Only thing is, it's so wide, I doubt it could fit on a Hot Wheels track.
IMG_0913.JPG

Field Gun. This comes attached to the Scout Car but can be easily detached from it and used on other vehicles. The cannon can be tilted up and down and it also rolls surprisingly well. I'm always happy to have trailers and things that my Ford Sierra can pull, so this is a welcome addition for sure!
IMG_0914.JPG

Jeep CJ-6? I could have the name wrong, but it's pretty much the same Jeep as the Off Road Racer that was later used in the Hot Wheels line, albeit with a detachable top instead if a roll cage. The top detaches pretty easy, but not to the point where it falls off if you so much as look at it wrong. Despite this set being new and unopened, the wheels were faded when I received it most likely due to the climate of where it was previously kept, something I have experienced myself prior to this. Other than that, it looks great and it can also pull the Field Gun I posted above.
IMG_0912.JPG

Centurion Tank. I don't have very many tanks in my collection, so this is certainly a welcome addition to it that will go great with my Big Bertha and Command Tank. Like the Airbus, this one also looks familiar to me and I want to say I have one in my collection already, but I could be wrong. This thing actually has those cheap Corgi2 wheels underneath, but you can't see them.
IMG_0917.JPG

Kenworth Truck. Another one of those Corgi haulers like some of the ones I posted before, but this time with a flatbed. I assume it's intended to carry the Centurion Tank because it seems to fit best and all the others look out of place on it. Always have had a soft spot for castings that can carry other vehicles and this is no exception! 👍
IMG_0918.JPG

Accessories. It's just some plastic figures of soldiers that came with the set. The one of the left is just two guys carrying some rifles. The one of the right has what looks like a guy giving squad commands to someone else and the one beside him appears to be preparing to load a shell, presumably into the field gun that came with the set. Seems plausible and it's a nice touch!
IMG_0922.JPG
Very very happy to finally have this set and I hope I can get more like it in the future! I love the Corgi Auto City series and I am working on building my collection of them, pity I can't find them in my local area.

Last edited:
IMG_20200229_133106.jpg

I think Mattel has realized that Indonesia's demand on Hot Wheels is pretty high. Last year, there's no way Premium series like these gets released here at the same time with the rest of the world. Now even Minimarts in my areas have these.

I wanted to keep this in a separate post, but I also got this just recently! :dopey: As some of you already know, I am a huge fan of this particular Ford Sierra casting and it's probably not surprising I got this one upon seeing it. It's a police variant that I didn't have until now and it even comes with a light bar! :D I think the only time I've ever seen this one is either in multi-packs or on the box art to another set, but I have never seen it in a single pack before until now.
IMG_0923.JPG

Here it is out of the packaging. The trailer hitch on this one is slightly smaller than that of the Hot Wheels mainline release that came years later for some reason.
IMG_0924.JPG
IMG_0925.JPG

And here it is with the doors open. One of my favorite things about the casting.
IMG_0926.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG

As expected, I am so happy to have this casting just like I am with the other ones I find. Always a pleasure to get even more of these Sierra's, especially since this one is a police car! :dopey: I hope I can get another one someday to do a wheel swap on.

Last edited:
All the models look great, but the Renown Mazda just looks stunning. :eek: And the Motul GTR looks very nice too. :) Who makes these cars?
Woah, haven't posted an update in a while...

(Ignore the non-1/64 stuff in the pics, lol)

And a couple messy pics:

Yep. It's not really noticeable but considering it's Ignition Model, I expected more.

I'm sorry to hear that. I raised a concern with a crooked wing R33 1/43 and they told me flat out this was on par with their expected quality.

I sent them this pic:

6HFRXcPl.jpg

Wasn't convincing I guess, because they sent me a photo of this as a way to prove they can't see the discrepancy:

leLchsbl.jpg

Maybe they don't have an eye for it, or maybe it's because all 1/43 R33s are supposed to look like that.

I sent them this pic:

6HFRXcPl.jpg

Wasn't convincing I guess, because they sent me a photo of this as a way to prove they can't see the discrepancy:

leLchsbl.jpg

Maybe they don't have an eye for it, or maybe it's because all 1/43 R33s are supposed to look like that.
You can actually see in the first photo that it's crooked. I guess this is the problem with resins.

I got another CM's!

But not just any CM's. It is among the, if not the most desirable one of them all, the rally spec RX-7.

DSCN8022edit.png

DSCN8023edit.png

Prices on these are fairly absurd.

Along with this far more reasonably priced 323 I also got...

DSCN8020edit.png

... I'm now at 3/7 completion of the Mazda CM's collection.

So, despite my intense bias towards Hot Wheels, that I think I inherited from my dad, I have actually been looking at Corgi's a lot more lately after I got that military set just recently. Although I have had quite a thing for Corgi's for years now due to Mattel owning them back in the '90s and even issuing some as Hot Wheels that I highly favor now, I've gotten to where I almost want to collect Corgi's in general now and not just the ones that became Hot Wheels.

That said, I saw this Corgi Volkswagen 1300 on eBay last week and it spoke to me. Not only have I been somewhat fond of this particular casting for a while now, but I felt kinda bad for it seeing it in this condition and I eventually became anxious to restore it. So I bought it and it arrived in the mail today.
IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG

As you can see, it's in pretty bad shape. Most of the paint is missing, the windows look like they had been marked on by a sharpie, the base was colored with a marker and wheels have next to no paint on them and are pretty beat up. I think at one point this thing was even crudely repainted since I found some green paint on the headlights/window piece, which I can be reasonably certain isn't supposed to be there.

Not my photo, but I think this is what it was originally.
ezgif-3-cbe40d4b98ac.png

Going to be restoring this one for sure! In fact, I already have it taken apart. cleaned up the windshield and interior some and the body is stripping as we speak. Fortunately, I already know what I am going to do with this one and how I can clean it up. It should be fun!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back