#1 Song On Your BirthdayMusic 

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 42 comments
Shameless bump, I know, but as there are surely those inclined to contribute who are unaware of this thread, it's not pointless.

This site allows the discovery of chart-topping songs on one's birthday, and since the original video is no longer available, here's mine again:

If anyone should not approve of the thread's revival, just know that I have 46 whacks to the backside awaiting me.

:nervous:

No, you have every right to revive the thread. I was going to do the same thing.

July 29th, 1983

US Charts: Every Breath You Take by The Police (week 4 of the 8 weeks it was at Number 1)

UK Chart: Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) by Paul Young (a cover of a Marvin Gaye song from 1962)

Country Charts: I Always Get Lucky With You by George Jones (Missed 'Pancho and Lefty' by one week)

LOL awesome thread.

US:

...meh

UK:

much better.

Jerome

July 29th, 1983

US Charts: Every Breath You Take by The Police (week 4 of the 8 weeks it was at Number 1)

UK Chart: Wherever I Lay My Hat (That's My Home) by Paul Young (a cover of a Marvin Gaye song from 1962)

Country Charts: I Always Get Lucky With You by George Jones (Missed 'Pancho and Lefty' by one week)
Quite the three-fer...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little envious (no offense, Don).

September 23, 1998 topped itself out with a favorite of slow dances everywhere... okay.

#1 Dance Hit:
'

#1 Alternative:

This explains alot...

I also thought it might be interesting to see what was #1 nine months prior to my birthday, just in case my parents had the radio on that night...

...I'll never be able to watch Reservoir Dogs again. :ill:

US: Whitney Houston...

Dance Track: More Whitney Houston...

UK: Oh, dear God. Good thing I was born in the U.S., otherwise I would have been Rick Roll'd...:scared:

Back