17 Years Later, The Porsche 911 GT3 (996) Car Is Finally Coming to Gran Turismo

VXR
That's absolutely awesome news, and the 997 version as well!

The decision to get a wheel for my PS4 and not my XBO seems entirely justified right now.
Or you could do what i did and buy a Drive Hub and use your wheel on both?

Awww yeahhh can't wait to buy it and make it faster only to realize I can't upgrade the brakes or aero therefore making it useless and then reverting back to race cars only lol..

VXR
Despite being called a 2008, the image in the other thread shows it's a 997.2 GT3.

Am I reading this right? The 997.2? Also known as the 2009-2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS? THAT 997.2!? If so, I'm getting back into this game pronto because that is undoubtedly, unquestionably my absolute favourite Porsche 911 of all time; haven't driven it in a game since NFS 2010.

I think the bigger news is that the '02 NSX Type-R has been confirmed.

So far its the Z32, the 996 GT3 and what looks like a 997 GT3....

I am reminded partly of the way FOrza 7 is now where there is almost too many Porsches.

How many generations of GT3 do we need?

I'm partial to the 964 myself but hey its more porsches and that's always fun

Forza has an obsession with the GT2s and that sort of thing, well clearly, however its kind of funny how things have changed from say a few years ago where no one had Porsches except EA's NFS and now every one has heaps.

Forza has an obsession with the GT2s and that sort of thing, well clearly, however its kind of funny how things have changed from say a few years ago where no one had Porsches except EA's NFS and now every one has heaps.
And they're all GT3s now too, the 991 GT3 RS we lost all our sanity over just last year is the official "We just got porsches in our game" starter pack.

Project Cars 2 has the lovely RSR
images

Love this car in that game. Hopefully we'll get it for GTS.

Yeah I feel like for every game in the last few years, the 964 993 generations are fairly thin on the ground... been a few here and there especially in Forza...

But I so love the 993 GT2 and that sort.

GTS having three 911 GT3s in the game.....

The game is telling us that GT Sport is the modern day Gran Turismo 3. :lol:
GTS is sort of a modern day GT3, if you think about it. Both released with smaller car rosters than the previous title, but opted for quality over quantity in that aspect. I've always felt that GTS was a bit of a push on the reset button after the whole PS3 era with Premium/Standard cars mixed into one, plus it was built from the ground up for the current generation of consoles ala GT3. Anyway, back on topic :P

In any case, I am SO excited to get some more Porsches, they're always welcome in my book!

GTS is sort of a modern day GT3, if you think about it. Both released with smaller car rosters than the previous title, but opted for quality over quantity in that aspect. I've always felt that GTS was a bit of a push on the reset button after the whole PS3 era with Premium/Standard cars mixed into one, plus it was built from the ground up for the current generation of consoles, ala GT3. Anyway, back on topic :P

In any case, I am SO excited to get some more Porsches, they're always welcome in my book!
Yeah, GT Sport is in effect a soft reboot. As for the quality over quantity thing, given the incremental updates the game has received so far, I'm not even that concerned about quantity.

Yeah, GT Sport is in effect a soft reboot. As for the quality over quantity thing, given the incremental updates the game has received so far, I'm not even that concerned about quantity.
Indeed, I'm suuuuper happy with the support Sport has received. Free updates every month (besides one I think?). A nice, steady stream of content. I do appreciate the new GT League events + Scapes which are added often, too. Fleshes out the whole game. I'd say the statement of quality over quantity applied more at launch in a direct comparison to GT3, but now we have both quantity AND quality. Not a ton of updates per month with rushed content but once a month, so the pipe doesn't run dry, while the quality of the content is usually really good. Especially detail wise.

Indeed, I'm suuuuper happy with the support Sport has received. Free updates every month (besides one I think?). A nice, steady stream of content. I do appreciate the new GT League events + Scapes which are added often, too. Fleshes out the whole game. I'd say the statement of quality over quantity applied more at launch in a direct comparison to GT3, but now we have both quantity AND quality. Not a ton of updates per month with rushed content but once a month, so the pipe doesn't run dry, while the quality of the content is usually really good. Especially detail wise.
I do definitely appreciate the (mostly) monthly updates GTS has received. My only complaint is that I wish GT League had a bit more depth but I do appreciate what we've been getting, especially considering this was a fresh start from the original era.

Its great to see PD giving us a nod to GT3 by releasing the hidden Porsche as an official car.

Apart from the Honda, Nissan and Porsches are we going to get more for this update?

Some more great news but someone mentioned 5 cars but I count 4 or have I missed something? Nissan 300ZX, Honda NSX Type R, Porsche 996 and 997 GT3.

Are these all the cars or are there still more to come because usually we see at least 7 in an update..?

I was expecting the '91 NSX too given its previous Premium status. But the original Type R is good too. Out of the two 911s I want to try the 996 more.
I actually would have preferred the '91 Acura simply because of how long it has been a staple car in the series, since GT5.
The 300ZX probably is not. The exact model was appeared in GT5/6.
I believe it would be a new model, unless the 300ZX was one of the adaptive tessellation models from GT6. All cars so far from GT5 have been redone (or at least heavily modified).

Some more great news but someone mentioned 5 cars but I count 4 or have I missed something? Nissan 300ZX, Honda NSX Type R, Porsche 996 and 997 GT3.

Are these all the cars or are there still more to come because usually we see at least 7 in an update..?
As per the Kazunori Tweet, these four cars are some of the content for the update next week...

Back