17 Years Later, The Porsche 911 GT3 (996) Car Is Finally Coming to Gran Turismo

Now give us please this car :D

31d38b-1537691653.png

and this

42d0e6-1537691771.png

I think the bigger news is that the '02 NSX Type-R has been confirmed.

So far its the Z32, the 996 GT3 and what looks like a 997 GT3....

I am reminded partly of the way FOrza 7 is now where there is almost too many Porsches.

How many generations of GT3 do we need?
HI, how do you know that 2002 model nsx-r is included too?!

I believe it would be a new model, unless the 300ZX was one of the adaptive tessellation models from GT6. All cars so far from GT5 have been redone (or at least heavily modified).

An exact model that was appeared in past games and then re-done again in the sequel is still a remaster.

Remaster does not meant that exact model being copied into the sequel. You thinking about being ported, like most standard cars from GT4 in GT5.

Just for confirmation, the 300ZX is while the NSX-R isn't.

Finally, we are seeing some new Porsches for the first time with the 997 GT3 and the (in)famous 996 GT3.

As for people suggesting the Alfa 156 TC, BMW 320i ETCC and the Lexus IS200 GT-1, they could be shoved into Gr.4, since the former two are obviously Touring Cars, while for the IS200, well, it could be a Mégane Trophy beater for all intents and purposes.

Some more great news but someone mentioned 5 cars but I count 4 or have I missed something? Nissan 300ZX, Honda NSX Type R, Porsche 996 and 997 GT3.

Are these all the cars or are there still more to come because usually we see at least 7 in an update..?

Someone said there was a new Corvette, but they were talking about December's Corvette Stingray Convertible '69

I think we all know the 993 is much better looking.

I'm not particularly surprised that more iconic Porsches were overlooked in favour of Yamauchi's personal preference.
I get it. I can understand not everyone liking the 996.1 but...

of all of the alternatives, you choose the 993? That abdomination?

I think we all know the 993 is much better looking.

I'm not particularly surprised that more iconic Porsches were overlooked in favour of Yamauchi's personal preference.
I get it. I can understand not everyone liking the 996.1 but...

of all of the alternatives, you choose the 993? That abdomination?

I like the 996, i think Porsche was brave enough to try something new and succeeded, in my opinion. Obviously, I'm part of a minority group.
To me, the 964 is the best looking 911 generation, followed by the 991 gen.

View attachment 767806
View attachment 767807
Seeing this, I was surprised that Kaz still owns his 996 and it remains stock condition.
And when GTS had old cars, I thought this car may be coming...

The dream now came true!!
View attachment 767809

I wonder if the 996 that was scanned was Kaz’s personal car, that’s be a neat little touch.

I've been wondering the same thing.

Also, some breaking news - the 2 new Porsches are 20m credits each...

Just kidding :lol:. I hope! :nervous:

I just noticed that the 996 GT3 has a full cage instead of the usual roll bar, which is weird. Why would they do that?

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like it's the Clubsport version.

Last edited:
Back