17 Years Later, The Porsche 911 GT3 (996) Car Is Finally Coming to Gran Turismo

Looking forward to the update. Fuji Speedway is always enjoyable and the cars should be fun. Assuming we get a silhouette teaser, I really hope to see a few race cars. Please bring an LMP2!
Just curious as to how long it's been since we had a silhouette teaser?

I need to suck it up and drop $200 for the VR goggles...

As for a cheap rig, look into Playseat Challenge. I got mine for around $180 picked up during Black Friday sales. The T300 Alcantara wheel was around $300 as well.

I doubt the NSX will cost much. Under 200k credits would be reasonable.
Don't forget about the T150 Pro :dopey:.

Can't wait to drive Fuji again :D.

While the game has wound down, I'm using more, new to GT, road cars at all the tracks.
I've got 20 in my garage, the Crown Safety Car and my FIA Mazdas.

The Ford GT '17 is crazy quick. Ruf CTR2 is grin inducing and the ND Roadster sounds really nice, when watching replays. Jumping in the Porsches, each one have different characteristics.

991 is simply, fast. 930T=fun. 993 feels so easy. 996 sounds berzerk and feels raw, butch, sensory overload and I can't stop revving that thing.
Sliding behind the controll..er, wheel of the 996, I feel this car embraces everything a classic touring car should be. It rolls a little, has predictable handling. It's balanced and weirdly, can be understeery, oversteery and feel neutral at all the courses I've driven on.

It becomes the race car it when I want to place the car where I want. Aim for wherever and it goes there. That classic 911 rear traction, under acceleration, is so sweet with the tune PF have programmed. The car is tight in corners and braking. I mentioned it has a bit of fill, but that's compared to its younger and more race-like brethren. The 993 is, I feel, the perfect car for any GT player to learn all the tracks.

When the car debuted, I gave it a Carrera Cup tune, but since then, I reverted and continue to drive this car stock. I found it to be a couple seconds slower than the 997, but doesn't matter. Still a joy to look around the cockpit to see a roll cage and know this car means business.

Can't wait to see how it drives in Gran Turismo 7.

Back