2.02 Update Started

Brazil
São Paulo / Bra
diegorborges82
Ok guys, its finally happening... servers are under maintenance, if its like the other updates, we have 1 hour to go...

Lets share our toughts about 2.02 update as soon as it hits us.

Awesome. Thanks for creating this thread.

If anyone can shed any light on the range of aftermarket wheels available to standard cars, and can update us in this thread, it'd be fantastic.

Basically:
- Is the wheel range the same as currently available to premium cars??
OR
- Is it the same as the wheels dealership of GT4 (that is, wheel choice by brand and a wide range etc etc)??

I know what I'm doing all day tomorrow.... Not that I wasn't going to play GT5 all day tomorrow anyway. :D ~Turtle
turtle.gif

Yeah, you lucky friends with better connections will be able to download it way faster than me and my poor 10mbps.

Can't wait :D.

At least I have Top Gear to waste the hour of maintenance....

10mbs? Try 5mbs here. I wonder what other "special touches" are in the update besides the main bits? Paintable rims on standards? Refresh tickets with login bonus? Finally a true TGTT start? Better exhaust sounds? :P

Last edited:
10mbps download isn't That bad. I've got 15mbps w/burst (turbo) up to 30mbps, but I'm waiting for most sites/ Youtube, etc.

BWX
10mbps download isn't That bad. I've got 15mbps w/burst (turbo) up to 30mbps, but I'm waiting for most sites/ Youtube, etc.

Yeah, I could download an entire game (Midnight Club LA) in 1 night... I used to have 1mbps before, its way better, but almost twice the price (broadband in Brazil hurts the pocket)...

But some of our lucky friends in europe got blazing fast connections, they can download the patch in few minutes... I'm waiting for those friends to enlighten us about the update features first.

Is this the most anticipated update since initial release?

For me, it was the number 1 feature, wheels for standards.

I couldn't believe when I started GT5, bought my first car (used Toyota) and figured out I couldn't change the wheels.

Damn! You guys are lucky! I don't have any time to play tonight, and I have to go to school tomorrow! :yuck:

Saw this on kaz's twitter.. Does he mean 21st here?

Kaz_Yamauchi Kazunori Yamauchi
Exactly 20 days update tomorrow. One day is 21 days late DLC. I'm sorry. For the confusion. Like there is a need to shift a day.

Yeah, GT Auto employees gotta receive new instructions. They gotta get trained to change wheels on standards too.

This is the update I've been waiting for since the inception of the game. I was stunned we couldn't change...or at least paint the OEM wheels. Standards are going to get really cool. :)

Man I can't wait! except my PS3 died last night while playing GT5, and it died a few days before Spec 2. But I'm rather curious as to what the "improved racing sounds" will be, the one thing I hope that will be fixed is the insane whining of the racing transmission

Back