20 million credits for free!

What's the fun in the game if you cheat it for everything?

Seeing as I'm Attempting my absolute best to beat the GT championship with a r35 GT3 because I can't afford the faster lemans cars and failing again and again I'm not feeling the fun

"I'm not here to waste my time learning. I want to make money at an important job! So I'm gonna cheat on my math tests!"

That sorta attitude will get you a long ways. There's a reason why the game is structured as so.

Because when rules are put in place to prevent this, you'll blame PD for "taking the fun away"

Agreed, but we must also be prepared for the consequences and repercussions my friend.

I did the glitch last night just as I did the birthday trick in GT5. Nothing happened then, chances are nothing will happen now. People at PD need to realize not all of us are willing, let alone socially able to spend such a ludicrous amount of time in front of their consoles to buy expensive cars. If credits were higher, as in much higher, none of this would happen in the first place. What they need to fix is their game, not how we choose to play it.

"I'm not here to waste my time learning. I want to make money at an important job! So I'm gonna cheat on my math tests!"

That sorta attitude will get you a long ways. There's a reason why the game is structured as so.

I don't understand the analogies some of you humans make. First off, I would never purchase credits with real world money. That's dumb. If the cash shop didn't exist in the first place, I would still glitch credits. It's ridiculous to have to grind for so long in order to buy just one LMP car. I don't mind racing for credits and buying cars when it's possible to do so. It's not possible in this game. Use a decent car to grind and you spend just as much in body rigidity as in credits that you won. If it was structured in a reasonable manner, I wouldn't even think of doing the credit glitch. As it stands now, I feel like I'm forced to.

And don't compare it to stealing. $50 for 7 million credits is stealing.

Because when rules are put in place to prevent this, you'll blame PD for "taking the fun away"

time to get off your

nmq4.jpg

Show me where I said I pay Sony.

I don't pay Sony one cent. I drive in the game and earn money like you're supposed to. Taking shortcuts just is silly.

The AI lets you win, so you are already taking a shortcut. You are not earning those victories. Cheater!
That, in all honesty, is a poor response.

The AI being easy is not a shortcut. If that's a shortcut, then what would be the long way?

Have you read the whole thread. People have explained why they have used the glitch. Again if you don't agree with people using it why are you even in the thread. ?
As you said, I wanted to see why some people wanted to. I just don't see why some people are so desperate. You'll have the game for years, it'll give you something to do to earn the cars.

I don't know, I just could never picture me doing something like this. It's hard for me to understand why anybody would, I just don't see the fun in it. I'd rather grind than do this honestly..

I don't know, I just could never picture me doing something like this. It's hard for me to understand why anybody would, I just don't see the fun in it. I'd rather grind than do this honestly..
Then you go right ahead and grind away.

People utilizing this glitch do not affect you in any way whatsoever, so why bother coming here and espousing your holier than thou opinions?

Show me where I said I pay Sony.

I don't pay Sony one cent. I drive in the game and earn money like you're supposed to. Taking shortcuts just is silly.

Yeah. We all have paid Sony to enjoy the content. As a matter of fact, we paid 5,999 cents plus tax. :)

The failure is your premise that doing this equals that attitude. That's a false equivalency.

As you said, I wanted to see why some people wanted to. I just don't see why some people are so desperate. You'll have the game for years, it'll give you something to do to earn the cars.

And that's the beauty of life and gaming. You get to walk your own walk. You have 62 pages of explanations, so I'm not sure what more you are looking for. Perhaps you don't want to read 62 pages of the thread as is intended, and instead want to take a short cut and just get the answer you want right away. Hmmm... that's interesting.

Will not have the game for years. GT7 is supposed to be out this time NEXT year. We are not desperate. We are grateful of the "short-cut" to doing what we like to do and that's experience the cars; racing ONLINE. Maybe YOU have the TIME to grind. Most other people have other responsibilities and want to have an ENJOYABLE experience when they have the time to sit down and play the game. NOT spend mindless hours grinding at a boring race over and over again just so they can get the next car to try. You can grind. That is your choice and right. We don't and its our choice and right.

Will not have the game for years. GT7 is supposed to be out this time NEXT year. We are not desperate. We are grateful of the "short-cut" to doing what we like to do and that's experience the cars; racing ONLINE. Maybe YOU have the TIME to grind. Most other people have other responsibilities and want to have an ENJOYABLE experience when they have the time to sit down and play the game. NOT spend mindless hours grinding at a boring race over and over again just so they can get the next car to try. You can grind. That is your choice and right. We don't and its our choice and right.

Thats what I don't like though. It seems unfair that somebody can have all the cars when racing me online when I have to purchase them all over periods of time. It seems like an unfair advantage to me.

What's the fun in the game if you cheat it for everything?
Not really. Grinding can be boring because I really want the cars that hold my interest in the game, such as the Pagani Huayra. I don't want to sit down doing an event over and over again, just to get enough credits to buy said car, that's not fun IMO. The fun is actually driving cars. I'm really grateful this glitch exists because I gotten all of the cars I really wanted so I can hangout with others online, and didn't need to grind nor buy in-game credits.

Thats what I don't like though. It seems unfair that somebody can have all the cars when racing me online when I have to purchase them all over periods of time. It seems like an unfair advantage to me.

If it weren't for the glitch, racing online would get pretty boring pretty quick. Not having a larger variety of cars to race. Having used the glitch I'm ready! I can do exactly what I want from the game. Modify cars and race online. Have a car a choice of cars available for whatever the host wants to run. Had some great 600PP races last night. I'm having fun with GT6. Not frustrated and bored grinding.

Comparing cheating to make gains in real life and using an exploit coded into a game has no relevance at all.
We all played GT5 for years collecting all the cars, paints, horns, museum cards, tickets, racing gear (etc etc) and it was fun. Rewards were frequent, didn't take too long to get and (most importantly) rewarding. Going from 5 to 6 (6 being a much more incomplete game IMO) and seeing the rewards system is a real kick to the gut. Especially after giving them £60 of my hard earned cash (and the 120 they got for GT5 SE).

The attitude being taken isn't what you think it is. If a company wishes to penalise its most loyal customers, a backlash is inevitable.
$150 for Cr. 21,000,000 is wrong as is grinding 488 races with an approximate payout of Cr. 43,000 (the best $$$ to time ratio i've seen so far).
If it wasn't for 'The Glitch', GT6 would be very boring and annoying for me right now.

PD could stop it but, it's too late to do anything about the purchases we've all made. No point locking the gate after the horse has bolted either. I doubt that PD wanted the 'micro-transactions' to be part of the game, Sony is far more likely to be the perpetrator of this.

I suggest you read more of the thread, check your priorities and stop trying to be the Devil's advocate.

Latest Posts

Back