2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
Yeah, but they're not going to keep throwing money at it if they don't get the results they want.

That's the problem with new teams entering F1: they seem to think they'll be competitive from the outset. Adrian Sutil proved last year's Spyker chassis had potential at Spa, but that's no guarantee of success. There will have been changes in their management structre for sure and even if they're relatively minor ones, there's still going to be repurcussions, and chances are that will negate the potential for a competitive team. Mallya probably has a very different management style to the Spyker board; Spyker had probably only just found their feet management-wise when the Powers That Be started to consider selling the team off. Four ownership changes in as many years can't be a good thing, but at least the regulars with the team will get used to dealing with the changes.

Interesting sidenote:

This will be Fisichella's third stint in Jordan (maybe this incarnation will actually be a proper new team), 1997, 2002-2003 and now 2008.

Yep it is, Autosport believes FIF1 are 'only' 2 seconds off the pace whilst Honda are a mammoth 3. :scared:

Oh i didn't knew that, but i noticed that Wurz only did an handful of laps so we can't see the extent when you can't do more that 26 laps in one day.

Oh look it's the new old Midland M16 Spyker F8 VII Force India VJM-01.

Attachments

• FORCE INDIA F1 P1.jpg
    FORCE INDIA F1 P1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
  • FORCE INDIA F1 P2.jpg
    FORCE INDIA F1 P2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 9
  • FORCE INDIA F1 P3.jpg
    FORCE INDIA F1 P3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 33
Y'know, those sidebods look huuuuge, they really need to apply some undercutting.

I have to admit, now that I've seen the side of the FIF1 ("Fifi"), I like it a whole lot less. It looks good from the front, but side-on it looks like they ran out of paint for sponsor decals and the end result is worse than the 2002 Jordans when Eddie ran his cars in a single colour. And I can't comment on anything aero-related because A) I don't really know anything about that and B) it's basicaly least year's Spyker anyway.

New car that wont really make any difference to the grid whatsoever, especially if they keep those bulked up sidepods.

Williams unleash their final new livery, and it pwnz the rest of the grid.

413017.jpg

413019.jpg

413018.jpg

413015.jpg

413014.jpg

413013.jpg

and my favourite
413016.jpg

It does look damn good... appears Renault will keep their awful livery. Rossberg wanted a fast car, could this be it? Liveries don't have anything to do with performance but this 'dark horse' looks fast sitting still.

Craig, dont you have someone else to do that to?

MOVING ON, I really wonder if Williams can get back upto 3rd / 4th places this season, they had a fantastic car from 1993 to 1997/8 ish but gradually disappeared.

Craig, dont you have someone else to do that to?

MOVING ON, I really wonder if Williams can get back upto 3rd / 4th places this season, they had a fantastic car from 1993 to 1997/8 ish but gradually disappeared.

1992 they won the championship. They have experience in the sport so I think they can make a 'fantastic' car again, it looks good but will it preform?

3rd and 4th a bit ambitious?

well its very likely BMW Sauber will be P3, but P4 seems pretty open 👍

The Hamley's logo ruins the angry look of the whole thing :grumpy:.... REMOVE IT!!! and put some gun sponsor in its place! :lol:

Latest Posts

Back