2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
I hope Honda does brilliantly and claws back some lost ground, just to shut you all up.

Put some kind of a livery on it and I'm happy.

Wouldn't it be funny if Honda got one of the cough syrup/lozenge iproducts as one of it's sponsors for this year?:D:dopey:

Team Strepsil Honda Livery .... oh dear... I can just see the colour scheme now... white and puke yellow :yuck:

Team Strepsil Honda Livery .... oh dear... I can just see the colour scheme now... white and puke yellow :yuck:

Repsol Honda: Made of win.

Strepsil Honda: Made of *cough*

I dunno, white/orange would be fresher than the overused white/red livery - and ever since 2006, creating red/white liveries has simply become a futile attempt to compete with Super Aguri's beauty of a livery.

Guys, Metar and myself have discovered some surprising information from Honda.

Instead of developing a new car, they appear to be reusing the 2004 BAR Honda chassis.
z1201085432.jpg

F1_2004_09_24_T2_BAR_02_Web.jpg

That Shanghai GP 555 Livery was HOT.... pity they didn't race with it!

Going back to the 04 chassis doesn't seem like too bad an idea the way the teams been going!

No, those 2 don't look anything like each other, the 2001 BAR would come closer to that, everything's different on those 2...

The bridgestone logo is the only confirmed sponsorship they have after last year!

Your looking at the final livery people! :sly:

Robin

The best part is that the 2008 Honda has proper barge boards. I can’t remember the last time they had them. Seriously, check out their old cars.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41665

BMW Sauber technical director Willy Rampf says the team is still on course to hit its performance targets by the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, despite a difficult baptism for its 2008 car.

The F1.08 has not made the anticipated impact in early testing, with Nick Heidfeld admitting that it does not feel as well-balanced as the F1.07 did at the same stage last year.

But Rampf insists there is no cause for panic, and that the team has not yet scratched the surface of the new car’s potential.

“In terms of reliability the F1.08 is already very good,” he said after testing on Thursday.

“We have covered numerous laps without any noteworthy problems to date.

“As far as performance is concerned, we are at the start of a comprehensive development phase.”

Rampf says BMW is aware of the areas where the F1.08 is currently underperforming, and will soon roll out new parts to address these deficiencies.

“We have analysed the data from the test drives so far and identified the potential areas concerned,” he said.

“By the next test in Barcelona the car will already have received some relevant modifications.

“Following that, we will be using new components in all the other tests up to the start of the season.

“We have set ourselves an internal target which we aim to meet by Melbourne, and I am confident we will achieve that.”

Heidfeld says he has had to change his driving style to adapt to the handling characteristics of the F1.08, but hopes to be able to revert to his normal technique once the car is modified.

“To go quicker I am driving differently from what I would want to, but with the changes we are planning the target is to have a good balance and to return to driving in a normal way,” he told Autosport’s website on Thursday.

While he is not sure the problems will be fixed in time for the next test at Barcelona on February 1-3, Heidfeld’s main concern is that the car will be handling to his liking by the start of the season.

“Between here and Barcelona I don’t know,” he said.

“I’m quite convinced that it will be changed before Melbourne.

“Obviously the quicker the better, but the problem is if it’s not fixed before Melbourne.

“If it’s not done by Barcelona, okay.

“It’s not nice, but we still have quite some time.”

The best part is that the 2008 Honda has proper barge boards. I can’t remember the last time they had them. Seriously, check out their old cars.

True, but why the hell are they so focused on years-old developments? When everyone modifies their bargeboards to smooth them out, they built a zig-zag of shapes and forms. When everybody curves their wings and sidepods, they just discovered straight lines...

Also: McLaren conducts aerodynamic test at Menorca. As I said on F1t - last time, they returned with the nose-bridge. What now? :P

Yeah I went from there, looked like they had Saab jas39 Gripens there, 5 of them.

Thats worse than before :yuck: - if they are planning on keeping the 'earth' theme they should tie it in better with the classic Honda (and Japan in general) white and red. I think they should duotone the earth into a red on red shades planet as a nod to the japanese flag.

Back