2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
from all the cars , BMW is still the sexiest looking car on the grid , we still have Honda, Toro Rosso ,Augri, and Force India (Doubt any could have a better looking design :D )

I hope it performs as good as it looks though

Heh I'd expect the back of that Renault to change a wee bit come Melbourne, looks alot like the R27's.

The Williams FW30 also made its debut at Valencia. I don't mind it at all, but I have to admit ... Nico Hulkenberg chose a very interesting place to unveil the car!

I also like their six-celebration-liveries thing; hopefully the actual race car will be something similar (at least colour-wise) because it looks really mean.

Radical.

z1200915614.jpg

z1200920414.jpg

That's what that nose is: Radical. They incorporated one of Blake's ideas (again?!) I recall him mentioning, where that wing-connector is widened into a proper wing element. Looks like it worked.
Combined with the keel-less suspension-geometry, it helps bring down the center of gravity, and should be advantageous come Monza-time, with that smoother curve upwards.

Some people complained that the middle element doesn't get any air to develop, with the nose to low above it - but if you look closely, it's even a double-element wing:

new1kx6.jpg

Jet-planes again? :lol:

Really, it looks like the design you'd see on a '70s Jet, or a paper plane.

2 sets of wings , the one at the back looks evil lol
Where's SAAB when we need them?:lol: Then we'll literally have 'jet fighters' on the track!:sly:

In a sense, the F1 race cars nowadays are like jet airplanes on the racetrack in a sense. With the designs, acceleration and ther like... Just a thought on my part. :embarrassed:

Red Bull - gives you wings and exploding gearboxes.

BMW - gives you horns.
McLaren - gives you lawsuits
Williams - gives you a drive (but only if Dad was in ths sport before you)
Renault - gives you preference
Honda - gives you last year's car

Argh, me eyes! Lee, get to their HQ, tell them to paint it, pronto - and downsize that noseconnector. We're back in the year 2000, it seems.

honda-ra108-interimlivery.jpg

28739.jpg

z1201085425.jpg

z1201085432.jpg

z1201086015.jpg

z1201086057.jpg

I wonder if they'll continue with their Earthcar design.

I'd be pleased if they do, it really grew on me.

Hey, I LIKE the White honda without stickers plastered all over it. Just put a red stripe up the nose and leading edge of the wing, put big numbers on it, and it'll look like this...

Surtees1.jpeg

Gosh the new Honda looks like its from 2000..... its so blocky and has very little in the way of crazy aero bits! :scared: Hows it going to compete!

I'm glad the earth livery has gone, hated it! bring back the BAR lucky strike livery with the white, grey and red :)👍

Robin

I think the Formula BMW's look more advanced than that Honda does.. I'm already fearing we'll be with FIF1 at the back of the grid.

Back