2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
Probably because they've kept it the same for the past six years ...

Oh god, don't talk rubbish. Just look at the first cars, the livery's very different. In fact, give me some examples of cars that have made a huge change in their liveries for the past 6 years? Ferrari, nothing. Mclaren, gone with the black, chrome instead, little change. BMW, nothing. Williams, the blue got darker, that's all. Honda, still white.

What has the livery got to do with speed anyway?

:rolleyes:

No, they just have team orders to drive that way so that their sponsors get more track-time. Trust me, if Toyota wanted to win F1, they would build the car to win it and the robots to drive it.

BS. Sponsorship gets noticed win the cameramen look at you. They tend to look at the front of the pack during GP's, where by no coincidence, the big money sponsors are.

Oh god, don't talk rubbish. Just look at the first cars, the livery's very different. In fact, give me some examples of cars that have made a huge change in their liveries for the past 6 years? Ferrari, nothing. Mclaren, gone with the black, chrome instead, little change. BMW, nothing. Williams, the blue got darker, that's all. Honda, still white.

What has the livery got to do with speed anyway?

:rolleyes:

heh, hmm, how can you not remember Renault's horrendous livery change just last year?

Honda always white, thats not entirely true. It may be white again now, but remember last year...
honda-racing-f1-team-ra107-2007-10718.jpg

See, no hands. I mean, no white! There, thats better!

heh, hmm, how can you not remember Renault's horrendous livery change just last year?

The colors have always stayed the same, blue-yellow-white, therefore, your arguement=fail.

Also, I Honda may have changed there livery once, they still remain the only ones with a change, and that change was a fail.

The colors have always stayed the same, blue-yellow-white, therefore, your arguement=fail.

Also, I Honda may have changed there livery once, they still remain the only ones with a change, and that change was a fail.
It's a different shade of blue and currently there's orange too.

Quite different in my opinion.

I'm getting excited now. Brought an F1racing March issue last night and it's good some good articles in it. The track layout for Valencia looks good. Not too early a start for the GP, 4:30 GMT... Could squeeze in 6 hours sleep with an early night.

Yeah, I liked it two. However, I can immediatly tell that is not actually the half and half livery. For a start, the car with the half and half livery only raced in 1999, and Michelin F1 tyres were not around then. It was only in 2001 when they first graced the tarmac. And also this livery was never actually raced. At one time a few years back, B.A.R were considering changing their sponsorship from Lucky Strike to 555. This would have been the livery if they choose to go ahead with this scheme.

PS: What I said about Michelin F1 tyres first appearing in 2001 is not exactly true. Infact, they did an eight year stint in F1 from 1977 to 1984, left and then returned in 2001 after about 2.5 decades!

Edit:
I beg to differ..

Its picky, but thats not just white.
Yeah, always white. What I mean is that White was always their main colour, and then there were other colours such on the enige cover and around the cockpit such as back, greenish gold and red! :) 👍

i like the cars.., 👍

did all of the cars had a makeover or something?? they all have these "curvy/round" bits of body work all over.., (looks at Ferrari F2008 steering wheel) what does this button do??

Yeah, I liked it two. However, I can immediatly tell that is not actually the half and half livery. For a start, the car with the half and half livery only raced in 1999, and Michelin F1 tyres were not around then. It was only in 2001 when they first graced the tarmac. And also this livery was never actually raced. At one time a few years back, B.A.R were considering changing their sponsorship from Lucky Strike to 555. This would have been the livery if they choose to go ahead with this scheme.

I never said that was the half and half car, I just simply mentioned the livery.
It's a sketch of the car anyway so any tires could be on it.

Bee
It's not just white, it's 'Championship White'.

:lol:

Latest Posts

Back