200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone in here have experience with the Dodge Laramie in the 4 hour Nurb enduro? I can't seem to keep front tires on it. Other than that I'd say it's doable.

What are you trying to say? Do the front tyres fall off or wear out quickly?!!!! Please, if you want a response, try and make some sense!!
nige

tires under it = they wear out way too fast

doable = possible

my english = horrible

I understand now. Doable was correct.:) :) :)
About the tyres what are you using?Anything softer than Racing Hard will wear out too quickly. have you tried RSH.
They will feel a bit slippery to begin with but should last you a good few laps more than the opposition.
nige

BTW a good bet in this this race is the Lotus Elise 111R. Close racing at least!

standard or sport tires only allowed

Woah....You must be looking for a real challenge if you're using the Ram :sly:
That's a tail happy big piece of metal.
I took a safer bet and ran with the GSXR. See post 1534.

I've been finishing of a couple of One make races.
An Easy one was the Mazda NRA RX8 championship. I ran that baby (the type E) for 9000 miles and discovered that 90 ballast and N2 tyres was good for 200 points against 3 S-type RX8s.
The thread mentions N1 + 200 ballast.

A much tougher one is the VW GTI.
Used a Polo GTI that too was run in for 9000 mls. N2s + 200 balast will give me 194 points, so to make it 200 I'll have to switch to N1s. :grumpy:
I tried various times, too bad it aint a championship :ill:
I just cant do it.
Only the last race Deep Forest was conquered for 200.
Midfield is too fast a track & Opera, Tsukuba and HK are to 'cornery' for me to book any success there.

Another completed was the Audi A3 for max 3x 182 each. I messed up Suzuka but managed to scrape by. MoV 0.031s.:nervous:

All in all fairly good results booked in the last couple of days. Unfortunately my holidays in 'balconia' are coming to and end on Tuesday. Then it's back to the grindstone.

AMG.

The lotus elise 111r seems up to the task, unfortunately I need more practice on the track. Running the professional el capitan tuning car series with a clio atm.

Woah....You must be looking for a real challenge if you're using the Ram :sly:
That's a tail happy big piece of metal.

I added 100kg ballast to mine, with the front/rear balance set to 50. It doesn't fix the problem but it does help. If it weren't for the way the dang thing eats tires I'd consider taking a crack at the Nurb 4 hr with it myself, but I figure the GSX-R/4 is a better bet anyway.

Grand Valey 300km - 200 pts

Another easy 200pts race with fully upgraded Suzuki GSX-R/4 with R1 tyres for more than comfortable win with 2 min margin and best lap set to 1:50,953.

This car seems to be a killer for JGTC, DTM class on any race or 200 pts...

LOL I wish - I've tried this, and in two different line-ups, either an RX-7 LM or a Xanavi Skyline have romped ahead at an incredible rate of knots. I can't seem to get any speed out of the car on this track - 1min 53-55 was about the best I could manage. Might have to run the race with something a bit quicker for a few less points to see how it works out.

LOL I wish - I've tried this, and in two different line-ups, either an RX-7 LM or a Xanavi Skyline have romped ahead at an incredible rate of knots. I can't seem to get any speed out of the car on this track - 1min 53-55 was about the best I could manage. Might have to run the race with something a bit quicker for a few less points to see how it works out.

I won the same race with the GSXR but perhaps a slightly different setup.
Weight 1 (dates from times gone by when I was really crap at winning anything), R2s, chip, RC exhaust,RC susp, Eng.balance, polish and wing set to I believe 15/30 or maybe even 30/30.
Won by 30 secs margin. laptime +- 1.55.

You may want to select a different lineup though, the RX7 is indeed incredibly fast.

As Fizio says, this is a little diamond for winning 200 pointers.

AMG.

I did it in S2000 Race Car with NA3 upgrade (400hp) - fun race.
You get about the same amount of A-Spec points for running against RX8 (not as fast as RX7 and pits 4 times (compared to RX7s 3 stops))
Get a lineup with Ford Falcon - good for points

I just had a blast with the McLaren F1 in a 200 point race.
Has anyone else found out about the McLaren F1's potential as a 200pt. machine?

Well I did just a few minutes ago. :D
Real Circuit Tours- Nurburgring 2 laps- 200 A-spec points in the McLaren F1 on "R3" tires and "stock with oil change" hp. Custom tuned of course.
The starting grid was great... CLK-GTR, RC92, Sauber C9. 👍

I managed to take the lead with a pass of two cars at one, threading the needle between both- wrecked but straightening out directly in the racing line!:mad:

Any way, the car was fast and fun (spun it right before T10 too!). (still had time to recover and win). 👍

Thought you all should know though... The McLaren F1 on the "World Circuits Tour" seems garunteed to give 200pts. for every race (when using stock hp and R3 tires).
Later. :cheers:
I saved the replay because there is an awesome pass

You may want to select a different lineup though, the RX7 is indeed incredibly fast.

Its not really so fast as it stays out so long on tires between pits. It's incredibly easy on tires.

tires under it = they wear out way too fast

doable = possible

my english = horrible

I did an experiment just for the fun of it. What a chuckle.:lol:

Although I originally won the 4 hour Nurb using another car (Honda 2000 something or other) for 200 A-spec points, I did tinker with the RAM for amusement for about 10 laps just to find out if it was doable. It's so easily doable it was unfair. I ran it against a number of lineups (although the Elise was very fast). I was able to get so far ahead of most of the lineups in one lap that I could easily pit and be out before they could catch up. We're talking about by almost minute or so behind. I used a RAM with maxed out HP (680 or so HP, though a Stage 2 engine (585 HP) would have been quite sufficient.

I had already set up a endurance RAM Laramie for the 8 hour Motegi Enduro which it easily won for 200 A-spec points by many, many laps. It handled like a dream and didn't really eat up tires all that quickly compared to how fast it could get around the course.

Anyway, this RAM I modified could run the Nurb at a blistering 7:38 or so for two laps before the front tires turned yellow. So it really wasn't that big a deal that the tires wore out sooner than hoped for. It had a top speed of around 164 on the back straight. Hardly any car in the lineups I tested turned faster laps than 8:10, so the average lineup doesn't stand a chance.

That Dodge Laramie RAM is a real cheater, for sure.👍 It took me a fair amount of tinkering to set the suspension up for a road course, but it was worth the effort for a laugh or two.:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had a blast with the McLaren F1 in a 200 point race.
Has anyone else found out about the McLaren F1's potential as a 200pt. machine?

Well I did just a few minutes ago. :D
Real Circuit Tours- Nurburgring 2 laps- 200 A-spec points in the McLaren F1 on "R3" tires and "stock with oil change" hp. Custom tuned of course.
The starting grid was great... CLK-GTR, RC92, Sauber C9. 👍

I managed to take the lead with a pass of two cars at one, threading the needle between both- wrecked but straightening out directly in the racing line!:mad:

Any way, the car was fast and fun (spun it right before T10 too!). (still had time to recover and win). 👍

Thought you all should know though... The McLaren F1 on the "World Circuits Tour" seems garunteed to give 200pts. for every race (when using stock hp and R3 tires).
Later. :cheers:
I saved the replay because there is an awesome pass

McLaren F1....hated it, still do. You mentioned that it spun out. What else is new? Driving that car is like driving a stick of butter on thin motor oil. Very slippery!!!! I did that race series using the Chaparral 2J for smooth courses and on bumpy courses I used a RX-7LM Race Car for easy 200 A-specs. So unfair to the AI opponents. I want to try that series using some other cars when I get the chance. It was a lot of fun.

I might just try the McLaren F1 for kicks if you say it's doable. I certainly wouldn't have considered it by a long shot.

McLaren F1....hated it, still do. You mentioned that it spun out. What else is new? Driving that car is like driving a stick of butter on thin motor oil. Very slippery!!!! I did that race series using the Chaparral 2J for smooth courses and on bumpy courses I used a RX-7LM Race Car for easy 200 A-specs. So unfair to the AI opponents. I want to try that series using some other cars when I get the chance. It was a lot of fun.

I might just try the McLaren F1 for kicks if you say it's doable. I certainly wouldn't have considered it by a long shot.

Fair enough. :cheers:
However, to my suprise, I ran the McLaren in the other world circuits races and never managed to run for long before giving up. :(
I think my abilities on the Ring may have been my saving grace. :confused:
That said, I've been a huge fan of the McLaren on the Ring since GT4 came out (hence my 5'26.977 lap in the Arcade McLaren on the Ring) (replay is availible if you're interested).

Point of that... :lol:
Maybe the McLaren was a 200pt. Ring-er for me because of specifics that might not exist for others. :confused:

Now that I think of it, maybe I should post the replay to the 200pt race as well as the 5'26. 👍 :D

Until then,
-

However, to my suprise, I ran the McLaren in the other world circuits races and never managed to run for long before giving up. :(
That said, I've been a huge fan of the McLaren on the Ring since GT4 came out (hence my 5'26.977 lap in the Arcade McLaren on the Ring) (replay is availible if you're interested).

Maybe the McLaren was a 200pt. Ring-er for me because of specifics that might not exist for others. :confused:

Now that I think of it, maybe I should post the replay to the 200pt race as well as the 5'26. 👍 :D

Until then,
-

I just tried the McLaren F1 in Arcade mode and it's much, much better than my Sim version setup. I must have set the car's suspension improperly or something. I had added a rollcage and that might be messing it up, also.

The arcade version does fly around the 'Ring and it's very controllable. I was able to turn about 5:40 with it the first time with max HP and min weight. Glad you mentioned the arcade McLaren F1. I'd like to see if I can get my Sim version to run like that. If I could get it moving like that, I could definitely find more uses for it. It should easily be a 200 point car. Good find. Just another car I tried and dismissed since I didn't have the setup skills to get it to work properly.

Update:
Now I remember why I didn't like this car to begin with. I won another McLaren F1 today and didn't equip it with a rollcage. Actually the car is pretty nice to drive, but it eats rear tires, even with a Stage 3 turbo (I'll try other engine configurations) and TCS. The McLaren F1 runs very stable with the same type of tires front and rear, but due to it's pronounced hunger to eat rear tires, I needed to put a harder pair of tires at the rear. However, when this is done the car becomes unstable due to the tendency of oversteering. I tried a few different gearing settings (to try to minimize the tire wear) with little success and if I used R3/R3 by the end of the second lap at Nurb, the rear tires were worn to heck. When I switched to R3/R2, the F1 didn't handle nearly as well although the tires wore more evenly. But it still has a tendency to eat tires. I may try an R2/R2 combo and that might be better overall.

So although this car may have the potential to be useful for 200 point races, I think it might require a lot of suspension testing. If I could fix the tire wear problem, then okay, otherwise it's back into the dustbin for the McLaren F1.

I finally decided to get rid of those 24h races from todo list...
Last night I started 24h Le Sarth I with CLK-GTR stock with 60kg ballast, R1/R1, on lap 7 changed to R2/R1... So far done only 1h 15min...:) :nervous:
I already have 40 sec lead... I guess it'll be one boring race...:crazy:

Looks like I'll be finished with those for about month... :ill:

Until then,
-

I'm glad you said that. I tried the BMW McLaren F1 at Motegi Road Course in the Real Circuit Tours and got soundly thrashed by the 787B and BMW V12 LMR.

I wonder, though, how it would fare at El Capitan in the GTWC.

Any chance I could sneak a peek at your tuning settings for the McLaren F1 at Nurb?

I finally decided to get rid of those 24h races from todo list...
Last night I started 24h Le Sarth I with CLK-GTR stock with 60kg ballast, R1/R1, on lap 7 changed to R2/R1... So far done only 1h 15min...:) :nervous:
I already have 40 sec lead... I guess it'll be one boring race...:crazy:

Looks like I'll be finished with those for about month... :ill:

Extremely bo-o-o-ring!:yuck: I hardly saw any other cars while 200 point A-specing the 24 hour races at Sarthe. They'd either pass me while I was in the pits and then vice versa. The one car you might see about twenty times is the slowest car (Ford GT/Peugot/C5R) and you pass it so fast it's hardly worth talking about. It makes you want to force it off the track.:lol: It's more like a very long Sunday drive, not a race at all.:banghead:

Extremely bo-o-o-ring!:yuck: I hardly saw any other cars while 200 point A-specing the 24 hour races at Sarthe. They'd either pass me while I was in the pits and then vice versa. The one car you might see about twenty times is the slowest car (Ford GT/Peugot/C5R) and you pass it so fast it's hardly worth talking about. It makes you want to force it off the track.:lol: It's more like a very long Sunday drive, not a race at all.:banghead:

Yeah, makes you sleep.

But a Sunday drive at least has different scenery, not the same straight, with the same sounds and the same vibration...

Is the One Make Race Nissan Z Club Race possible for 200 A-spec points? I'm getting my butt kicked at New York no matter how much I've tried to cheat. 150 points seems doable. I've used all the older Zs and they're nasty, slow dogs. Newer Z's don't offer much in the way of points.

Is the One Make Race Nissan Z Club Race possible for 200 A-spec points? I'm getting my butt kicked at New York no matter how much I've tried to cheat. 150 points seems doable. I've used all the older Zs and they're nasty, slow dogs. Newer Z's don't offer much in the way of points.

Old Zs mainly have slow shifting. Perhaps a flywheel-only wouldn't drag points down too much?

Old Zs mainly have slow shifting. Perhaps a flywheel-only wouldn't drag points down too much?

Flywheels, trannies, clutches, etc don't affect points at all. Only horsepower, weight reduction/ballast, downforce and tires affect A-spec points.

I always add all the driveline upgrades as a matter of routine on a new car.

Flywheels, trannies, clutches, etc don't affect points at all. Only horsepower, weight reduction/ballast, downforce and tires affect A-spec points.

I always add all the driveline upgrades as a matter of routine on a new car.

So SirBerra, you might be able to get, with drivetrain upgrades and a (very) good suspension enough space to "play" with the power/ballast/tyres for an easier 200-pointer.

Any chance I could sneak a peek at your tuning settings for the McLaren F1 at Nurb?

Sure thing. 👍
Hope it helps and if it does let me know please (somehow). :cheers:

BMW McLaren F1 GTR For The Nurburgring

Entirely Stock...

3 / 3 Brake Balance

6.0 / 6.5 Springs
77 / 77 Ride Height
7 / 8 Bound
7 / 8 Rebound
2.2 / 1.2 Camber
0 / 0 Toe
5 / 5 Stabilizers

2.700 Final Drive Ratio (Transmission)

38 / 49 Downforce

25 / 50 / 20 LSD

0 / 0 / 0 Driving Aids

Actually it does for one car. The Chaparral 2J. The ride height affects the vacuum, so when the 2J is raised, it's downforce is lowered (decreasing A-spec points) and when lowered, the downforce increases (lowering A-spec points).

So SirBerra, you might be able to get, with drivetrain upgrades and a (very) good suspension enough space to "play" with the power/ballast/tyres for an easier 200-pointer.

Remember, 200 A-spec points are not possible for all races so I'm wondering if this is one of them. Believe me, I've tried everything as far as engine and drivetrain upgrades are concerned. N1s, 200 ballast, etc. Not even close. The opposition just leaves me in the dust at any 200 A-spec setting against any lineup I went against. I was just thinking maybe I'm not using the proper Z.

Update again:

Sorry about the double post thing. The way this forum works is a bit different from what I'm used to. I assure you I didn't know that we were supposed to bunch up all our replies into one message. I wasn't aware that it was improper to answer each reply separately. Not trying to cause any problems. I'll be careful in the future. I still don't know how to get two quotes in one message.

Anyway, I was able to get 200 A-specs on the One Make Nissan Z races. I was using the wrong cars to race. Once I got the proper car it was relatively easy.

Sirberra, try to use the edit button instead of posting twice. Also I just edited the double post.

About 200 point races... I've just run another. :D
Completely stock, without oil change, M5 on Infineon in the 6 lap Supercar Festival race.
Easy to win and nice scenery in my rear view. :cool:
Once I get another one of those in I will let you all know how it goes. For now though, I see the M5 as a great 200pt. car in the Supercar Festival. 👍

Back agian later,
-

Sirberra, try to use the edit button instead of posting twice. Also I just edited the double post.

About 200 point races... I've just run another. :D
Completely stock, without oil change, M5 on Infineon in the 6 lap Supercar Festival race.
Easy to win and nice scenery in my rear view. :cool:
Once I get another one of those in I will let you all know how it goes. For now though, I see the M5 as a great 200pt. car in the Supercar Festival. 👍

Back agian later,
-

Indeed. I just did all five with the M5 for 200 pts each, up against the Saleen, Nardo, Cien and Ford GT. Infineon was the easiest though; I won Midfield Reverse by 0.181 seconds.

I had changed oil in the car when I bought it and opted for S3's, so I had to add 42kg ballast.

I also recently did the Pan Euro Championship with a Ruf 3400S (S3's, racing exhaust, oil, chip = 345 hp) for 200 each. Sarthe was close, Nurb was very close, but the other three were walks in the park. The opposition included the Mercedes SLR McLaren, Cizeta and Mercedes SL 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back