2010 bug's eliminated? New bugs?

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 136 comments

Spagetti69

Is not my real name.
Premium
GTP_Spag69
spagetti69
Hi fellas, looking for some info from people lucky enough to get there mits on it.

We all know the previous troubles, delay in pits, fuel load apparently not affecting AI etc.

I know it's early days and these sort of issues sometimes takes weeks to emerge.

I would like some info on the R&D bug.
If you remember when practising in order to get mechanical upgrades a simple time trial was needed in Practise.

All 3 Practise sessions had a TT and had to be completed without quitting or saving for your upgrade to happen.

This killed a lot of immersion to me as I felt obliged to fast track all three sessions just to get my upgrade.
I would have preferred to do session 1, concentrate on setups etc and if time was short, quit and save.
Come back following day to do Session 2 and still have my R&D in place.

If any of you are doing a fast career, would it be poss for someone to check this?

Do session 1 R&D quit to paddock area and go back in to session 2 to check all is ok.

Sorry for ramble?

Welp as I've noted in the main thread it appears the TC setting might impact more than just simple wheel spin. According to the driver, somehow it effects the aerodynamic grip of the cars even at the highest speeds. If true this makes zero sense to me, but we will have to see how this one plays out in the coming days.

130R with TC on at 4:35. 130R with TC off at 7:05.

And here is a follow up vid demonstrating several attempts at 130R with TC off starting at 4:42.

Fully agree Icelt.

7th gear flat out aero would kick in and grip not TC would get round that bend.

Seem to be able to get away with putting tires on the grass too.

Strange thing about VVV videos, is that his build doesn't have the safety car?

The review code isn't the full final retail copy.

It happens quite a lot in the gaming industry - review builds are sent out early, so they don't always include each and every feature, especially if those features were late additions to a game.

It may be a one-off thing, but I just tried to join a quick online race. I didn't get a track I wanted to race, so I backed out. After that I kept getting an error message when searching for new rooms, and when I tried to back out to the main menu screen the game froze up.

Fully agree Icelt.

7th gear flat out aero would kick in and grip not TC would get round that bend.

Seem to be able to get away with putting tires on the grass too.

Understood that it was a "for review" copy. However it seems rather unlikely that a pre-final copy that they like to send out to reviewers would have any differences in the core physics engine. I guess it is possible, but not at all logical to my mind.

There's what seems to be a bug with the fuel mapping.

Everyone on the racing lobbies I was on was complaining about the singleplayer career mode and running out of gas after only a couple laps. This was due to the fuel mapping being defaulted to the wrong setting. You can get more than a couple laps in if you change the mapping to lean. Might not be a bug, I still have to check it out.

Yeah, that sounds like it's worth investigating. It could just be people pushing too hard in the race and then wondering why they run out of fuel. I mean, the current fastest lap for Monaco is four seconds faster than the existing lap record, and three seconds faster than this year's pole time.

Default fuel setup must be rich.
I run mostly 100% races and would start with a rich setting whilst jockeying for
positions.

2010 only added engine wear though. Default was lean. I would start the race one handed because it wouldn't let you map it on the grid.
Altering throttle map one handed going into turn one was an experience lol.

2011 must default rich at start up.
Good decision.

Yeah, I don't think it's a bug. The developer said specifically that you would have to manage fuel in this year's game.

That a bug on the t.t. leaderboards. Go look up my suzuka time on dry. Why codemasters?

The it might just be that fuel usage scaled up even more now (or properly) compared to last year. Which is why people were caught off guard. I'm gonna try a few laps at full distance on rich fuel mix to see how long it gets me.

jim-carrey-mad-a.gif

I did a 1:33 on first lap and on second lap I missed the last corner, dirve into the pit lap and the game recorded a 1:25.

Yeah, I was wondering because I was in 4th with a 1:33 previously, then I saw your time and freaked. :scared:

I may have found another bug. I don't know if anyone else has started career mode yet, but literally every single time I do my quali lap, when I come around to start the actual lap there will be about 3 cars coming out of the pits at the precise time that I hit the first corner. There are some stretches when it's been difficult to get space for a lap.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was wondering because I was in 4th with a 1:33 previously, then I saw your time and freaked. :scared:

I may have found another bug. I don't know if anyone else has started career mode yet, but literally every single time I do my quali lap, when I come around to start the actual lap there will be about 3 cars coming out of the pits at the precise time that I hit the first corner. There are some stretches when it's been difficult to get space for a lap.

As with ALL GAMES its pre decided during loading the time the AI will come out in that session so just wait till further into the session.

Just did my RND objective in P1, moved to P2 and i still have to do it, i'm not sure what happens if i dont bother. I had some buggyness where i got a random 10place grid penalty and i'm not sure what for. I also got a warning for illegal blocking for slowing down to try to make some space for a Q lap, only that the only car behind me was about the distance of a whole straight behind, IE nowhere remotely close to my car.

The game is also now very easy on you for cutting corners, you can get away with murder compared to what i'm used to on iRacing.

I think that the 'glitch' at 130R has alot to do with TCS allowing him to get abit more power down out of spoon and then into the corner, he ran wide on exit, put a wheel on the grass and span. With TCS, the same thing happened but TCS restricted power so he didn't spin. So it is just about getting the car on track the entire corner and avoiding the slippery paint. So this is a good thing then that the paint is slippy

^ No. TCS shouldn't apply in 7th gear flatout.

Aero grip should get him round the bend regardless of TC.

I think that the 'glitch' at 130R has alot to do with TCS allowing him to get abit more power down out of spoon and then into the corner, he ran wide on exit, put a wheel on the grass and span. With TCS, the same thing happened but TCS restricted power so he didn't spin. So it is just about getting the car on track the entire corner and avoiding the slippery paint. So this is a good thing then that the paint is slippy

No, with TCS on he got 1 MPH more on the straight, however, by steering, his car went down to 181, which seems unlikely (someone correct me if I'm wrong), in the TCS off video, he goes flat out and only goes down to 191 by the time he hits the exit paint, which sounds more realistic. I'm thinking that TCS is just more of a noob aid which will help slow down the car a little more, but the fast times will still be aid-less hopefully. I could be wrong however.;)

Yep I'm thinking TC has a bit of skid recovery force added in for beginners.

Alan on VVV commented on medium TC being quite a good compromise and feels good.

I don't have the game myself yet but am itching to get on.

Another one to try for you Shaggy.

Find a level you are competent on, professional/ legend whatever.

Do a quick race in the dry and see where you place.

Do the same event in the wet and see where you finish.

I've read about AI getting the power down out of corners better than you. As if the AI is using TC and impossible to catch them out of the corner in the wet.
Essentially forcing you to use TC.

Be interested to hear the results.

Another one to try for you Shaggy.

Find a level you are competent on, professional/ legend whatever.

Do a quick race in the dry and see where you place.

Do the same event in the wet and see where you finish.

I've read about AI getting the power down out of corners better than you. As if the AI is using TC and impossible to catch them out of the corner in the wet.
Essentially forcing you to use TC.

Be interested to hear the results.

Well so far all i've managed is a bit of TTing at Istanbul Park followed by a 20% race, and at the moment i'm doing a wet free practice at the Nurburgring:

My 20% race in a McLaren with expert difficulty was a victory by 10 seconds after starting 6th (I spun losing 6 seconds though). My fastest lap was 1.8 secs better than the next fastest.

In this wet session at Nurburgring the AI do appear to be extremely fast. However when I left it i'd just figured out that my tyres and brakes were taking a while to get up to temperature so I should be more competitive now (this is all done without assists btw).

Back