2010 bug's eliminated? New bugs?

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 136 comments
Started career, had pitstop bug in 1st race.

Went in 1st place, 4-5 cars behind. They all pit and leave before me. I'm done, being held for the car in the pitbox behind me to finish his stop and leave ahead of me.

Codemasters are pathetic.

next bug in coop mode appeared.
Me and Shaggy Alonso were driving a 50% session in melbourne. I finished 15th but was 17th after the race. Also some guys I overlapped were in front of me in results.

I don't remember if it was Practice or Qualifying, but as my car left the garage it started to make the left turn to enter the pit lane and in an instant, the next thing on my screen was my car and another stuck together somewhere out on track with multiple pieces missing from both cars as if we had been in a massive shunt. Strangest bug I've encountered so far :)

I know its been mentioned already, but this setup glitch where setting springs to 11:11 makes the car handle perfectly... Tried it last night for myself and whilst dramatically improving the car, it did wear my tyres a lot faster (had to 2 stop the race) so is that its unmatched for the performance gains or were people really not experiencing any increase in wear? Unless this is what the PS3 patch resolved on day 1....

Also, is it only setting the springs at 11:11 that does this or is this the most extreme case? I had been running at 6:6 for most races until a tweak to 8:6 made the car feel a lot more consistent and wondering if its best to leave it at a certain level regardless of the track to keep my car performance constant.

One annoying thing I've found, If I spin while trying to find the limit and stamp on the brake while going backwards is just accelerates smashing you into the Armco, but if you accelerate the car brakes??

Maybe I ought to adjust my wheel's settings having the reverse on button. Same happens on the pad controller as well.

One annoying thing I've found, If I spin while trying to find the limit and stamp on the brake while going backwards is just accelerates smashing you into the Armco, but if you accelerate the car brakes??

Maybe I ought to adjust my wheel's settings having the reverse on button. Same happens on the pad controller as well.

Ya reverse on break button is pretty stupid if you ask me. But they kinda have no button left with kers drs, view change etc..

They could have just done it with manual gears or something since anyway F1 arent that fond to go backward (see J. Button lately).

You guys need to man up, or practice some. Beating the AI in the wet in races is easy, perhaps not so much in qualifying on inters but certaintly not that bad. Also, i've never seen the AI race on options in the pouring rain.

What AI setting are you using?

Finally got around to make my first race in F1 2011...
Guess what... I got a puncture in the final lap out of last turn in Melbourne. :grumpy:
This was the reason I stopped playing F1 2010. I hope this was a one time only...

Finally got around to make my first race in F1 2011...
Guess what... I got a puncture in the final lap out of last turn in Melbourne. :grumpy:
This was the reason I stopped playing F1 2010. I hope this was a one time only...

I've not had one yet... Make sure you're not running an aggressive setup (you can see tyre condition on the OSD) or running off line / through debris.

I've not had one yet... Make sure you're not running an aggressive setup (you can see tyre condition on the OSD) or running off line / through debris.

I haven't had one either and almost 2 seasons through and my CO-op partner has gotten a few that's for sure. I kind of feel bad but he has to be doing something to get the puncture. He assures me he is not though. haha

All cars on the minimap are orange, as if they're my team mate, in coop - anyone having the same issue? :grumpy:

I have had only one puncture in over 5 hours of online racing (ran over debris in the rain at Nurmburgring), so not a bug 👍 like 2010 had 👎 :)

I read through this thread and didn't find this bug listed.

Career Mode XP Bug (I've reported it on Codemasters Forum also)

In career mode the XP earned in qualifying do not get added to your total XP gained for a given race weekend. You only get credited with the XP you earn in the race itself.

I've tried playing through a whole weekend without returning to the paddock, returning to the paddock after practice but not after qualifying, and returning to the paddock after practice and qualifying and the same bug occurs.

im not sure the 11/11 spring rate is a glitch.
In F1 the amount of suspension travel is minimal. Not sure the exact number but 50% of the travel in the suspension is in the flexing sidewalls of the tires. Its supposed to be really really really hard, unless its a wet race

What's all this about AI dnf's? I keep reading of people having the same 5 or 6drivers retire around the first pit stop. Seems this has popped up after patch 2. Found this on CM forum and wanted to ask here because the CM forum is kind of a jumbled mess of information. No one really says what game mode, race type, and settings(maybe I missed it), but it happens.

I personally haven't had hardly any retirements. I was only half through first season before patch and decided to erase everything including game data. Reinstalled everything with new save file after patch 2. I'm 2 races in and no dnf's in career so far. Playing with no assists, expert/legend, 50% races, driving for Williams, and playing on ps3.

So I was doing Practice in China and the game crashed on me.

Fair enough, so I reload the game, re-do practice (For development, and to top the times), qualify on pole and proceed on to the race.

Halfway through a full length race (So I was on lap 28 or thereabouts) the game crashes to desktop on the corner leading on to the back straight. After this I had a look online and found out that it is a known bug and turning off Vsync usually fixes it. I wasn't too fussed, as due to it raining and me using a setup that was too stiff, I span out numerous times and was struggling for grip.

I just did it again, lap 20 and the exact same thing happened, Vsync was off this time and various graphical values had been turned down to medium. Only this time I was leading by 12 seconds :ouch:

I'm so annoyed at this game right now. I'm going to be forced to do the race at 3 laps just to be able to finish. It's a horrible glitch and it's almost a gamebreaker for me because I want to be able to progress my way, and not be forced to change that because of a glitch. Tyre simulation is turned off already because of the various glitches with that.

CM got the racing almost bang on, but barely 10-15 hours in and the glitches are mounting up to the point where I don't want to play it anymore. It's a shame, the first thing you expect from a game is that is functions correctly, which this game doesn't.

So I was doing Practice in China and the game crashed on me.

This is what scares me about getting the PC version. That, and the saving nightmares some people are having. Still "on the fence" with the PC version purchase. I said somewhere I'll probably give it a go, but I'm not sure.:indiff:

Unfortunately, doesn't look likely that there will be another patch.

I went over to the codemasters forum and WOW! It's like people are rioting in there.

JGW
Unfortunately, doesn't look likely that there will be another patch.

I went over to the codemasters forum and WOW! It's like people are rioting in there.

Yeah, a very childish place. There are a number people there that even invest many hours into making videos and whatnot just to point out bugs in the game and keep their rant threads active on a daily basis. I mean, that's literally what they do nearly every day, some for weeks on end. They really think they are 'exposing' Codemasters.

Oh its terrible over there.. a real joke to be quite honest.

Honestly, more than half of the time someone over there reports a "bug", its not in fact a bug at all, rather an odd occurance because of some super specific situation where all ten things they were expecting to happen didn't happen at exactly the right time. Seriously, its amazing sometimes.

Honestly, I thought F1 2010 was FREAKING FANTASTIC when it first came out, minus the OCCASIONAL getting a lot of punctures bug. But other than that, I had a blast racing full length races against the AI. And then they patched it, and 100% RUINED the force feedback, basically making it non existant for Fanatec wheels(seriously.. Go load F1 2010 on PC with the GT3RS, GT2, Or even the CSR, there is NO force feedback except for hitting the rumble strips.) Game was ruined do to the massive amount of complaints on that forum.

F1 2011? Im loving it. The improvements to the physics engine and tire model are amazing, and you can really feel the tires working against the pavement, and the feeling of driving the car right on the edge of traction on turn in, and the scrubbing sound to go along with that, as well as the feeling of the back end slipping out, AND BEING ABLE TO CATCH IT and pull it back. Oh my lord lol. I am REALLY pleased with F1 2011 at the moment.

Ive heard people say there is a problem with tire wear? Idk about short races, but Ive been running 100% races for the last like 2 weeks, and tires wear, and drop off just like they do in real life, and depending on how you drive, that has a big impact on how long your stints can be. A number of times Ive been able to really stretch out my stints on the option and prime tires depending on how I drive.. At budapest last night, I was able to run another 12 laps on a set of primes than the game had exected them to last.

As far as Im concerned, 2011 is a great improvement to 2010. The Legend AI is, for me anyway, exactly how difficult I like. The teams are properly balanced, meaning you wont be winning races(or placing much above 19'th or so) in a Lotus or HRT. The new Tire model is absolutely amazing, allowing a whole new level of control(This is, for me, the best improvement), and honestly, being able to properly drive the car, and push or hold back depending on how the tires feel.

Ive heard people say there is a problem with tire wear? Idk about short races, but Ive been running 100% races for the last like 2 weeks, and tires wear, and drop off just like they do in real life, and depending on how you drive, that has a big impact on how long your stints can be. A number of times Ive been able to really stretch out my stints on the option and prime tires depending on how I drive.. At budapest last night, I was able to run another 12 laps on a set of primes than the game had exected them to last.

As far as Im concerned, 2011 is a great improvement to 2010. The Legend AI is, for me anyway, exactly how difficult I like. The teams are properly balanced, meaning you wont be winning races(or placing much above 19'th or so) in a Lotus or HRT. The new Tire model is absolutely amazing, allowing a whole new level of control(This is, for me, the best improvement), and honestly, being able to properly drive the car, and push or hold back depending on how the tires feel.

It's not so much a tire wear problem. it's more of a problem where it won't put on the tires you want to put on in qualifying. It just assumes you want brand new stickers and thinks "you retard, why would you put used tires on."

And the AI on Legend is horrible. I play with no aids and Legend. I got so bored of winning 7 races and finishing in the top 5 every race with Force india that I decided to challenge myself with HRT. I'm still 2nd in points and have 3 wins to my name.

I'm more and more often getting stuck in "Normal" fuel mode. I'm putting the car back into "Rich" but nothing's changing. I have to do it 3-5 times in order to make it work, annoying.

Back