2010 bug's eliminated? New bugs?

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 136 comments
So, it appears that the AI are not affected by tyre wear.

I could live with that, but my problem is the spring settings, setting it to 11-11 to have a massive increase in grip, coupled with a decrease in tyre wear as well. It's impossible to govern such a thing and get everyone to not use it online or anything, so this is rather disappointing. Plus, it doesn't seem like something Codemasters would bother to fix for now.

Well Peter, there's even more regarding the AI.

I just finished my career mode race in Silverstone and it was raining during the qualifying, right from the start. The AI passed me at race pace on option tyres. I had to use wet tyres to stay on track...needless to say, 24th place. Made it up to third in the race but couldn't catch Hamilton and Alonso in the end...objective failed.

If AI aren't effected by tyre wear, why was alonso constantly falling behind me in a rainy monaco race, even when my laptimes were getting slower on older tyres, so were his laptimes, allowing me to stay ahead.

Not sure if this a bug or not but after getting pole, I was demoted to 24th because of grid penalty's* when it came to race day I couldn't change my tyres as I'd "qualified in the top ten". Is that right?

*(Had a bit of a nightmare at Singapore reversed into someone then crashed into Button after he blocked me through that tight right hander after the corner where Webber and Hamilton touched last year.)

ok, question about DRS..
DRS highlighted (illuminated) in green means its turned ON, wing is up for less downforce, mostly used in straight parts of the track..
and
DRS not highlighted means its NOT engaged, wing is down for more downforce, correct?

well i was doing some practice laps and noticed that my DRS is functioning in the opposite order...its driving me insane so i just want to verify this. :dunce:
using a ps3/g27

If the DRS on the screen is a solid green it's not in use. If it's flashing then it's in use.

ok thank you!
yes, it does flash when in use.
i follow real f1 races and when they do onboard replays, drs solid green means its in use so i presumed the same.

ok thank you!
yes, it does flash when in use.
i follow real f1 races and when they do onboard replays, drs solid green means its in use so i presumed the same.

Yeah and I can't hear the wing going back into it's default position if DRS is disabling itself. However, there's a notable sound if I'm disabling it manually.

Even after grid penalties?

Remember I actually started outside the top ten.

I believe the rule applies to all those who take part in Q3, not those who line up in the top 10 on the grid, though normally both are one and the same...that isn't always the case.

ok, question about DRS..
DRS highlighted (illuminated) in green means its turned ON, wing is up for less downforce, mostly used in straight parts of the track..
and
DRS not highlighted means its NOT engaged, wing is down for more downforce, correct?

well i was doing some practice laps and noticed that my DRS is functioning in the opposite order...its driving me insane so i just want to verify this. :dunce:
using a ps3/g27

I use my rear view to confirm DRS in use (open); don't know where lighted indicator is as I use cock pit view; but I do see driver pressing button :)

I use my rear view to confirm DRS in use (open); don't know where lighted indicator is as I use cock pit view; but I do see driver pressing button :)

It's on the left side, right below the left edge of the LED display on the wheel - at least in the McLaren. It's turning into a green light once it's been opened.

Well Peter, there's even more regarding the AI.

I just finished my career mode race in Silverstone and it was raining during the qualifying, right from the start. The AI passed me at race pace on option tyres. I had to use wet tyres to stay on track...needless to say, 24th place. Made it up to third in the race but couldn't catch Hamilton and Alonso in the end...objective failed.

That's disappointing. Ultimately the reason why I won't be buying this. AI is hard, incredibly hard to get right. But I cannot stand games where if it's wet you're screwed.

But I cannot stand games where if it's wet you're screwed.

Hoho...hoho.

beavis-butthead_20110722163127.jpg

(Sorry. :/)

But seriously: it's driving me nuts as well. Having TC + ABS on during wet sessions sucks but there's no way to beat the AI without. :grumpy:

You guys need to man up, or practice some. Beating the AI in the wet in races is easy, perhaps not so much in qualifying on inters but certaintly not that bad. Also, i've never seen the AI race on options in the pouring rain.

Yeah it happens in P1-3 and Q1-3 mostly - still, that's destroying a lot of the race weekend.

I smashed the teams around me at Melbourne in the wet, I was on legendary AI with no aids and the AI just didn't stand a chance against me at all, so maybe the glitch only happens at certain tracks?

Jamie-C
I smashed the teams around me at Melbourne in the wet, I was on legendary AI with no aids and the AI just didn't stand a chance against me at all, so maybe the glitch only happens at certain tracks?

Do you shave with a chainsaw too?

Lol.

You're the manliest man he ever met. I think...that's why you wouldn't shave with a razorblade.

Douchebag Virgin Racing mechanics keep putting grassy tyres on my car.

Douchebag Virgin Racing mechanics keep putting grassy tyres on my car.

Judging by this guys avatar he doesn't shave at all :lol:

And they do that on my car as well, no bother though as it goes away 👍

There's a pretty big co-op bug where the game resets the difficulty level. Me and DarkPSI were team mates at Virgin with difficulty set to legend when in qualifying suddenly everyone was doing lap times 5 seconds slower than in practice. We booted up the game a couple more times and switched around who was host, to no avail. The only thing that fixed it was when we simply restarted a fresh co-op mode together, but who knows when it'll happen again?

Back