2010 bug's eliminated? New bugs?

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 136 comments
It's hard to see but well.

400546_10150497357829022_676549021_8742888_841130717_n.jpg

Fun fact: the GP of Malaysia doesn't have 58 laps, only 56.

🤬! I was in an online co-op race, winning at Monaco when the worst bug ever happened! I go into the pits on lap 15 for option tires (I'd been on the primes when I pitted) and at the start of the final lap I get black flagged for 'Not using both compounds! What the 🤬! I was in first place! 🤬.

Also, Rosberg keeps crashing into everyone.

jcm
🤬! I was in an online co-op race, winning at Monaco when the worst bug ever happened! I go into the pits on lap 15 for option tires (I'd been on the primes when I pitted) and at the start of the final lap I get black flagged for 'Not using both compounds! What the 🤬! I was in first place! 🤬.

Yes, that happened to me too, but at China. In the game, if you wait until the end of the last but one lap to pit this will happen. This is of course not an accurate reflection of the real life F1 rules, as demonstrated by Vettel and Massa last season. I think this has something to do with how they've implemented this rule in the game.

Conversely, a glitch in your favour is that you can change dry tyre compounds, after qualifying and before the race start. You can also change the car set-up. In real-life this is not allowed. :sly:

🤬! I just hit my first invisible wall. I was in first place at Spa in my Force India and I went too far inside (just barely on the grass) at Pouhon and BLAM! I lose my front left from an invisible wall! I hope they get rid of these in F1 2012, because that's 🤬 annoying.

For a change, I started playing F1 2010 again yesterday.
It immediately made me wonder if in F1 2011 they fixed the annoying bugs they never patched in the 2010 version.
I'm talking about:
- AI flying through the pits at much greater speed than you
- Cars falling through the bridge on Suzuka
- AI driver that shows up as race winner 1 lap in front of the others, while he shouldn't be.
- (probably not a bug but in most codies games): Indestructible rear wings.

That they got away with these 3 first ones without fixing them is the reason I didn't buy 2011. I might get 2012, but will wait until the experts over here have commented it once it is out :)

Never encountered the first ones but the last one is definitely still in, I've never seen a rear wing come off. :)

Fryto
For a change, I started playing F1 2010 again yesterday.
It immediately made me wonder if in F1 2011 they fixed the annoying bugs they never patched in the 2010 version.
I'm talking about:
- AI flying through the pits at much greater speed than you
meh

- Cars falling through the bridge on Suzuka
:lol: I've seen videos of that, it's very funny :)

- AI driver that shows up as race winner 1 lap in front of the others, while he shouldn't be.
Never had/seen that

- (probably not a bug but in most codies games): Indestructible rear wings.
What!?!? Maybe. I have broken the rear diffuser multiple times, but I've never crashed the actual wing part, so I'm not sure if it's industructible or not

That they got away with these 3 first ones without fixing them is the reason I didn't buy 2011. I might get 2012, but will wait until the experts over here have commented it once it is out :)

As far as I know they were all fixed in F1 2011. I've done over 150 races offline in F1 2010 and I never had any of these bugs, never had them online either. Never had them in F1 2011 either. I've had other bugs though... 🤬 invisible walls!

Played 3 races in F1 2010 career mode yesterday on my PS3, and encountered all 3 (not counting the rear wing stuff :)) .
Good to hear though that at least they made some progress in F1 2011.

To be fair, I think the cars falling through the bridge is also related to lag / general connection issues. :D

I just found out that entire rear wings do come off with the proper sideswipe in F1 2010. They probably can in F1 2011, but I've never tried it in that game though.

So I just went to the Ring with bazyl. I'll just copy / paste the PM I sent to bazyl. :)

just a bit odd: at the beginning, lap 10 or so, i suddenly was on P2 despite no car being near me. in lap 20 i found myself on P4, still no other car near me. I then just continued and overtook the cars "in front of me" - they were listed as like 70 minutes in front of me etc., the gap got bigger every lap. i saw that my lap time was added to the gap every lap, so it got around 90 seconds bigger each lap - really weird. yeah, so when I overtook them I got my position back. did this happen to you, too?

563394_10150666876449022_676549021_9293093_1060678342_n.jpg

the cars on 3, 4 & 5 are the ones in question.

:grumpy:

I just got my second world championship in my all expert career, and for the second consecutive season, my race engineer decided not to tell me! It wasn't until I got to the parc ferme celebrations that I found out that Perez was far enough back! :lol: I need to figure out how to fire that guy :P

EDIT: Got back to the motorhome to find only two emails (I got five last year). One from my race engineer saying good job on the win (ignoring my world championship again), and one from my agent saying congrats on the championship.

Nothing from the team, though that might be because I take out Vettel sometimes, and I sometimes pit a lap late just to hold him up, and I complained when the team gave Vettel updates before me earlier in the year. :lol: I race very clean with every driver online and offline, except for with Vettel and Truilli. Vettel 'cause he's anoying, Truilli because he's constantly cutting me off in F1 2010/2011 :lol:.

EDIT2: They have a press clipping about my 10th win, yet they don't care about my world championship!

Last edited:
Just had a very wierd things happen in an offline GP at Monaco. There was a huge crash in the fast left-hand-sweeper in sector 1, terminally damaging about 6 cars, making another 15 stuck. The race got red-flagged and I was told to return to the start line. 5 seconds later it stopped and a menu popped up saying that the race has been red-flagged, giving me the option to either resume or to restart. I hit resume, and the race resumed with a grid start. I was 12th on the grid, and the race begins. For some reason, my car is a ghost, and I am able to fly through everyone and get to first before the tunnel. After the tunnel, I get disqualified with no explanation whatsoever. The red-flag system works great, until you get to the glitchy ghost car thing.

I was doing a race at canada as Massa (using the auto pit-lane limiters and such~) where I broke my front wing on an HRT that was pitting in front of me (thought he was going to stay out from how he moved TT; ). Did a normal pitstop with no replacement parts, went on track and the game registered the broken wing... but the car still drove perfectly fine!

I don't know if its just because i broke the wing while in the pit lane, or if it got replaced without an animation (pit stop was 4.5 or 5 seconds), or what, but it was pretty silly :D

Back