2010 bug's eliminated? New bugs?

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 136 comments
Yep I'm thinking TC has a bit of skid recovery force added in for beginners.

Alan on VVV commented on medium TC being quite a good compromise and feels good.

I don't have the game myself yet but am itching to get on.

I don't think it's a Skid Recovery-like downforce enhancer, I think it just helps you get through the corner by scrubbing off some extra speed which an F1 fan would know was to much but not a casual fan. 130R could be taken quite a bit faster with TC off and some minor throttle control I believe.

Yeah I saw one sort of explode very loudly, it was awesome, anyways, we're in the wrong thread, the one titled F1 2011 would be more appropriate I think.:)

Agreed 👍

Ok Shaggy.

Look forward to any thoughts you may have.

Completed that session and was way off the pace. Best I could manage in wet qualifying then was 20th on the grid in a McLaren :scared: I was able to fight my way through to win (20% race) in the dry, but it looks like without TC it could be a real struggle vs the AI in the wet.

One thing that's worth mentioning though in the wet is that if you go off the dry line there's a much more noticeable drop off in grip. And there are deeper puddles of water off line that if you stray on to will often spin you out. In this respect it's a big improvement over the wet weather driving in F1 2010.

In career I'm 1st in points with ATT Williams and ny teamate is getting parts before me again just like 2010. This is my only complaint so far.

I could have made up a few more places had I strung a good lap together, but honestly, i'd eat my hat if anyone on this planet could score a pole in those conditions. I think I had to find 5 seconds!

How long is the career mate?

Shaggy Alonso
I could have made up a few more places had I strung a good lap together, but honestly, i'd eat my hat if anyone on this planet could score a pole in those conditions. I think I had to find 5 seconds!

I don't mind having to alter AI levels between tracks when I get to grips with the AI and know there limits. When playing a career.

Don't fancy having to play about with TC settings if the rain suddenly comes in though. Just for me to find a balance.

Easy to see if the AI get more power out of a corner in the wet. Hope they don't TBH.

If the player chooses no TC. The AI shouldn't be allowed it either. IMHO.

I don't mind having to alter AI levels between tracks when I get to grips with the AI and know there limits. When playing a career.

Don't fancy having to play about with TC settings if the rain suddenly comes in though. Just for me to find a balance.

Easy to see if the AI get more power out of a corner in the wet. Hope they don't TBH.

If the player chooses no TC. The AI shouldn't be allowed it either. IMHO.

I wouldnt worrie too much about the wet... last year the AI were very slow on the wet... really slow...

Yep I'm thinking TC has a bit of skid recovery force added in for beginners.

Alan on VVV commented on medium TC being quite a good compromise and feels good.

I don't have the game myself yet but am itching to get on.

Yes, I highly suspect TC doubles up as stability control as well because it definitely affects high speed cornering.

Interesting. If true, that would definitely help explain what we were seeing. Also CM does have some history in this regard, that being the ability to take high speed corners faster with aids on than off. I know in GRiD that was the case. IE in the LM cars at Le Mans for the life of me I could not keep up with the AI on Hard difficulty (or Professional, w/e the highest setting was) through the high speed corners with assists off. For many sessions I struggled trying to figure out what my problem was, then just messing around I decided to turn Stability Management back on and voila, I was magically crushing the AI around the same high speed bends on which I was struggling prior. Irritated the poo out of me that I had to use an assist to do it, but such as it was.

Could simply be some legacy thing as I'm fairly certain 2010 & 2011 use an upgraded version of the same EGO engine as GRiD.

Interesting. If true, that would definitely help explain what we were seeing. Also CM does have some history in this regard, that being the ability to take high speed corners faster with aids on than off. I know in GRiD that was the case. IE in the LM cars at Le Mans for the life of me I could not keep up with the AI on Hard difficulty (or Professional, w/e the highest setting was) through the high speed corners with assists off. For many sessions I struggled trying to figure out what my problem was, then just messing around I decided to turn Stability Management back on and voila, I was magically crushing the AI around the same high speed bends on which I was struggling prior. Irritated the poo out of me that I had to use an assist to do it, but such as it was.

Could simply be some legacy thing as I'm fairly certain 2010 & 2011 use an upgraded version of the same EGO engine as GRiD.

Well Grid was a great game but the handling sucked so much I couldnt play it long... it was more of a boat sim than a racer... it reminded me of those first Need for speeds for the PS2 (I recon those had better handling models)

Grid was definitly an arcade racing game....

Well, so: I made my first trip in Melbourne in my fancy new Lotus (which has since been replaced by a Williams due to a restart of my career) and touched the grass. Wouldn't have been so bad, I mean...everyone wants to save on gardening costs, but it spun against the wall. Would've been cool if the flashback didn't add 5 to my lap time despite it being P1. The lap timer jumped from 1:02 to 5:05 right after I returned to the track. :odd:

I found a funny one, though it's more of an error than a glitch, because it doesn't affect gameplay. When you're in the garage, go into live timing. The current position of all drivers scroll across the bottom of the screen, and they're known by a three-letter designation, like "BUT" for Jenson Button and "PET" for Vitaly Petrov. One of these is designated "PDR", for Paul di Resta. However, in Formula 1, Paul di Resta is known by the code "DIR". "PDR" is actually the designation for Pedro de la Rosa - and di Resta and de la Rosa both raced in Montreal this year, so they couldn't both be known as "PDR". It's the same reason why Michael Schumacher is "MSC" and not "SCH"; both Michael and Ralf raced together, so there would have been two drivers known as "SCH". That's why Michael's was changed to "MSC" and Ralf became "RSC" when he Ralf entered the sport. So, according to F1 2011, Pedro de la Rosa is racing at Force India.

However, this si the only place this error appears.

I also had another, actual glitch, when I was fooling around with career mode. I chose Virgin, but when the driver climbed into the car, the game displayed a static image of a Hispania nose and front wing with the sounds of the engine cover being removed. Fortunately, I could skip it.

In career I'm 1st in points with ATT Williams and ny teamate is getting parts before me again just like 2010. This is my only complaint so far.

I'm guessing it's because you're the number 2 driver for the year, you signed the deal :sly:

Could anyone find out if the RnD bug is still present.

If you Quit after Practise one do you lose RnD progress when coming back to session two?

Cheers.

I found a funny one, though it's more of an error than a glitch, because it doesn't affect gameplay. When you're in the garage, go into live timing. The current position of all drivers scroll across the bottom of the screen, and they're known by a three-letter designation, like "BUT" for Jenson Button and "PET" for Vitaly Petrov. One of these is designated "PDR", for Paul di Resta. However, in Formula 1, Paul di Resta is known by the code "DIR". "PDR" is actually the designation for Pedro de la Rosa - and di Resta and de la Rosa both raced in Montreal this year, so they couldn't both be known as "PDR". It's the same reason why Michael Schumacher is "MSC" and not "SCH"; both Michael and Ralf raced together, so there would have been two drivers known as "SCH". That's why Michael's was changed to "MSC" and Ralf became "RSC" when he Ralf entered the sport. So, according to F1 2011, Pedro de la Rosa is racing at Force India.

However, this si the only place this error appears.

I also had another, actual glitch, when I was fooling around with career mode. I chose Virgin, but when the driver climbed into the car, the game displayed a static image of a Hispania nose and front wing with the sounds of the engine cover being removed. Fortunately, I could skip it.

That is a dictionary standard example of nit picking. :lol:

HKS racer
But if you go in the paint zone in 7th gear the TCS will cut some power.

Not too sure what you are getting at TBH.

The video of R130 with TC on he stays on track completely. No paint involved?

Debatable if TC would save a spin when pulling sideways G's.

Bit of a graphical glitch on the PC version! Only happened once though...

FI8aK.png

pZpkQ.png

Wow. Something like this is very reminiscent of the issues that cropped up in the days after 2010's release. All these glowing reviews and then... "gotcha." Hopefully they will actually address this in short order, however thinking back to 2010 it took weeks for the 1 single patch they put together to get released and everything it didn't fix (or couldn't fix) they just left by the wayside.

Sooo... glad I made myself wait to pick 2011 up.

Not sure if anyone's bothered by this because I asked the question and no one got back to me. 8^(

Anyway the R&D bug from 2010 has been banished.

No longer forced to do all 3 Practise sessions in one go.
It is now safe to save after a session.
Turn off console, reload session two and carry on with R&D.

Nice one CM.

Back