2010 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

YES!!! Victory!!!
After the "Eurovision song contest" (Lena!!!) we now won the F1-title...wow...

Vettel was just so cool....

I am really hoping on a big battle between him and Schumacher next year....

Kudos to Vettel, 👍 I'm glad the arrogant spaniard didn't take the title after all. Talent prevailed over cheating.

Congratulations Sebastian Vettel,really brilliant win and really good job by Red Bull,great work guys,enjoy your well deserved victory,you earned!!!

image_large

Congratulations Sebastien Vettel, 2010 Formula 1 World Champion!

No one really deserved the title, as all 5 contenders made mistakes all the way. But I'm still happy to see Vettel win, despite his fall from favour for me. Webber threw it all away, Vettel was the one to make the most of the car at the end of the season, when it truly counted. It was impressive to see his typical Pole-Win dominance come back even if he still lacks in racecraft.

Justin Beiber with a kick.

I joke I joke!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :sly: :lol:

Well done to Seb.

I hope the 2011 season is better than this one. Hopefully Michael [Schumacher] can get his Mercedes team together and mix it up with the front-runners next year 👍.

No one really deserved the title, as all 5 contenders made mistakes all the way.
How? Every championship winning driver made a mistake on the way to winning the title. It's incredible Vettel was on pole position 10 of 19 races. Other drivers to do the same include Senna, M. Schumacher, Prost to name a few....pretty lofty company. Mark Webber is second in number of pole positions this season with half that. When there is a driver that is clearly faster than the rest of the field, they deserve the title.

got stuck behind a team that would rather see their engines win.

The fact is that Petrov was just a better driver than Alonso today. The engine doesn't really come into it. He was just able to keep him at bay with ease.

Alonso behaved like a spoiled child after the checkered flag - disappointed as he may have been - there was no need for that sort of gesture on worldwide television. It just sums up his poor sportsmanship and unfortunately his hateful character. Massa was faced with a similar situation when Hamilton won the championship 2 years ago and was gracious in defeat.
Lets not forget when Alonso smashed up his McLaren motor home after being soundly beaten by Hamilton in his rookie season.

He'll never change - a poor example to future champions of the sport. I enjoyed seeing him lose out again today.

Congratulations to Vettel - a well deserved new world champion :)

How? Every championship winning driver made a mistake on the way to winning the title. It's incredible Vettel was on pole position 10 of 19 races. Other drivers to do the same include Senna, M. Schumacher, Prost to name a few....pretty lofty company. Mark Webber is second in number of pole positions this season with half that. When there is a driver that is clearly faster than the rest of the field, they deserve the title.

Because no one was clearly better than anyone else. It wasn't like Vettel dominated all the races but just suffered bad luck. They all made their own mistakes, none of them had more or less luck than each other.
Vettel simply lucked in the last race (as well as obviously utilised great skills, but even so, lucky that Webber and Alonso were screwed thus), I don't think anyone would have been a better champion out of Hamilton, Alonso, Button or Webber this year, but neither is Vettel the most deserving out of them.

Of course Vettel earned the title and he is a great driver. He would deserve another one. I'm not trying to "devalue" Vettel's title here.
But did he stand head and shoulders above the rest this season to claim this crown? No, no one was clearly ahead this season which is unique to 2010 and possibly 1983.

How many Poles has Vettel turned into victories? Comparing to Schumacher and Senna is premature indeed. Sure they also achieved awesome stats like that, but they also won most of those races.....

Last edited:
Vettel truly deserved this year's DC, without a doubt:tup:👍

Mark:indiff: Had an absolutely disastrous, pitiful final race. The nerves got the better of him. I thought he would have been more mentally ready for his most important race to date.

Justin Beiber with a kick.

I joke I joke!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :sly: :lol:

Well done to Seb.

I hope the 2011 season is better than this one. Hopefully Michael [Schumacher] can get his Mercedes team together and mix it up with the front-runners next year 👍.

It's been possibly the best season F1 has ever seen, I'm not sure what more you could ask for next year.

Made by me and Uploaded to ImageShack.us

I'm sure Brundle mentioned today that it turned out Massa was on an out lap not a flying lap when that happened. So it seems Lewis was getting unfairly criticized over it at the time. Nice video though :)

Last edited:
You are a sad little person
You are entitled to call ne a " Sad little person" what ever that means.
I am entitled say what I want to say.
If you want to discuss it further then PM me.
And the point of this, was? I do not like him either, and personally I am thrilled that he did not win the title. However, there is no need to insult his fans. Besides, in the end it was the pit stratergy that screwed Alonso today.
Read the above.

I'm sure Brundle mentioned today that it turned out Massa was on an out lap not a flying lap when that happened. So it seems Lewis was getting unfairly critised over it at the time. Nice video though :)

He did indeed...

I seem to remember it was another rebuke towards Legard.

Legard: "Oh - Trulli's lost his front wing."
Brundle : "Rear wing actually."
Legard : "Yeah yeah whatever a wings a wing."

C.

Not as good as when Legard got confused about Hamilton, Button and Rosberg at Korea then tried to commentate a replay. Its sad its not as funny as when Murray got it wrong :lol:, its more laughable that someone who is meant to know a lot about F1 and lectures on commentating can make so many mistakes.

It wasn't like Vettel dominated all the races but just suffered bad luck. They all made their own mistakes, none of them had more or less luck than each other.

I have to disagree a bit on this, his bad luck has been on a different level when compared to the three others. Alonso retired once, because of a crash on his own. Webber retired twice, both crashes on his own. Hamilton retired three times, once with gearbox trouble and twice because of crashes caused by his own eagerness to pass where there was no room. Vettel retired three times, once because of a crash (the Turkey incident), once because of a loose wheel nut (in the lead) and once when his engine blew (in the lead). Add to that the exhaust problem at Bahrain - again in the lead - and he's indeed had a good deal less luck than the others.

He's also suffered from bad strategy from Red Bull too and had several races filled with pretty dire racecraft (Spa, Silverstone, etc). But in any case, Vettel didn't stand above the rest in my opinion.

The champion doesn't always stand out. Sometimes, there are multiple drivers who are all so good, that they all fight until the very end. Thats what made this season so good.

Vettel comes form behind to claim the world title. Red Bull were perhaps doing the smart thing when not applying team orders. But if they did, Alonso would've won the title -_-

The champion doesn't always stand out. Sometimes, there are multiple drivers who are all so good, that they all fight until the very end. Thats what made this season so good.

Thats not my point, I was simply commenting that Vettel didn't win it by a mile to the next driver and that any 5 of them could have won it. It doesn't change that he is champion, but I can't really review his year as a dominant charge to the top can I?
He was still a great driver, but really, all 5 driver made some major errors through the year, almost like no one wanted to win :lol:. He won a straight fight with 4 top drivers. But at the same time, it wasn't so much him necessarily beating them, as them also making major mistakes.

In the end, he is champion, and I repeat I'm not trying to "devalue" it. I'm simply looking back at the year and remarking on how he won it. There was more to it than simply what Vettel did.

Last edited:
You know ,
The outcome of this championship really has some poetic justice to it :
Vettel = red BULL driver .
Alonso = SPANIARD .
Therefore : BULL VS. SPANIARD = 1-0 .
Lol :cheers:

Not as good as when Legard got confused about Hamilton, Button and Rosberg at Korea then tried to commentate a replay. Its sad its not as funny as when Murray got it wrong :lol:, its more laughable that someone who is meant to know a lot about F1 and lectures on commentating can make so many mistakes.

Makes you want James Allen back, doesn't it?

No, not really. I hated Allen as a commentator. I don't hate Legard, though he is laughable.
I would like Ben Edwards or David Croft with Brundle or John Watson.

Back