2011 12 Hours of Sebring

cuco33
I'm rooting for my usuals, Audi for P1 and if it's a Pug, then I want the #8 since it has Pedro Lamy as one of the drivers. Wouldn't mind seeing Porsche's RS Spyder win too. Then for lower classes I want it all Porsche, especially the Flying Lizard team. :dopey:

Love seeing all the cars but something Porsches just strike me right.

That it was! One of the vette's that crashed out at the 'Big Bend' turn from a multi-car pile up, I believe was caused by either the Jag or the Ford GT, I went to snap away and my camera battery died right there and then. Perfect view too that I had!!

We must have been standing right next to each other at that moment!
It happened right in front of my face.

I'm surprised how well the new ARX held up against the diesels in today's practice. I hope they'll continue to keep the pace...it would be nice to have a gasoline-based car in the running for the overall win.

ObsidianG35 - Thanks! Feel free to download any of them. I've got a ton more shots from various Sebring & Daytona races posted to my flickr (along with the past few Petit Le Mans and last year's ALMS race at Road America) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_boone/

I'm surprised how well the new ARX held up against the diesels in today's practice. I hope they'll continue to keep the pace...it would be nice to have a gasoline-based car in the running for the overall win.

Yeah especially since it's their what 2nd day with the car?!?!? I know the 908 is new as well but they at least got to do testing before this weekend. You would have to figure that the speed is just going to increase over time, though maybe not this weekend, and they may put some fear into the diesel boys come June.

It's a funny/awkward/delicate situation for Simon Pagenaud, both a Highcroft driver in the ALMS and a works Peugeot driver in the Le Mans 24 hours. One can't serve two masters and it should be interesting if indeed the ARX can battle the Peugeots at Sebring, with Pagenaud maybe contributing for the defeat of his "second" (but by far more important) team.

I would also see with great simpathy Highcroft fighting for an overall Le Mans win, this time against Pagenaud's Peugeot. :lol:

Practise Session 3 ended, here the results:

http://scoring.americanlemans.com/scoring.php

So in LMP1 it's Audi, Peugeot, Audi, Peugeot, Lola Aston, HPD ARX, Peugeot (Oreca) ... all very close. An exciting race awaits us for sure 👍

In LMP2 it seems Lucas Ordoñez's car has no rival atm (this guy 3 years ago was just another kid playing GT5P ... amazing )

In GT, the Vette topped the class, BMW still looking strong (2nd and 4th), in the Ferrari camp the old 430 (3rd) doing better than the new 458 (5th) and to find a Porsche you need to go down to 6th place.

But remember ... testing is just that. Testing ... :)

No Nicholas Minassian at Sebring :(

Damn, just the guy I was looking forward to to shine in qualifying.

Oh, and be sure to check in at radiolemans.com from time to time. I've been listening the last few days and those chaps are bringing up some very interesting points at times 👍

I wish I could go.. i'll be watching it on ABC on the 20th since canada is useless and doesn't have ESPN2.

Also: Laste race for the R15++ before the new R18's come out to play... apparently. Is this true?

I wish I could go.. i'll be watching it on ABC on the 20th since canada is useless and doesn't have ESPN2.

Also: Laste race for the R15++ before the new R18's come out to play... apparently. Is this true?

It's going to be airing live on ESPN3.com.

And from my understanding, ESPN3 is available across all of North America if your internet service provider is an ESPN3 affiliated.

It's going to be airing live on ESPN3.com.

And from my understanding, ESPN3 is available across all of North America if your internet service provider is an ESPN3 affiliated.

Ah, that's okay. Even with high speed my 7 year old PC lags on HD video streams ect... plus computer monitors are small. The 40" TV is where it's at 👍

I'll be there tomorrow through Saturday but I've always had some challenges when trying to meet up with people in the past. I'm all over the place at the track (trying to get pictures at specific times of the day) and it seems like I rarely have any down time even though it's an all-day event.

Yes, use the link in Justin's post above yours. That site should be able to stream the race, practice and qualify sessions worldwide....who knows how well their servers are going to hold up though (they were having issues earlier this week).

So what do we think about the Peugeots so far?

They don't seem to be the superior car in the LMP class, even though it's just testing. Do you think they'll do their usual stuff in qualifying and blow Audi away or may the Audis simply be the faster cars up to now?

Yes, use the link in Justin's post above yours. That site should be able to stream the race, practice and qualify sessions worldwide....who knows how well their servers are going to hold up though (they were having issues earlier this week).

I've signed up to the site, and it does say most places outside the US (hopefully UK!) but can't find a live stream anywhere on there

My only concern with the race is actually seeing it and following it. I may have to go with the Internet revolution to follow this year's race. As I said before- ESPN needs to step the hell up in coverage taking over from Speed Channel's coverage of this event. ESPN is actually doing Sebring for the first time in about... maybe 12 or 13 years.

Good luck to all the racers competing at Sebring this weekend. Should be one heck of a show, as per usual.

ALMS 2011 Guide
2011 12hr Sebring ALMS/ILMC Spotter Guide:

Link: http://spotterguides.com/alms-2011-guide

alms_11_sebring_pg1.jpg

alms_11_sebring_pg2.jpg

Latest video entry from Highcroft. Gotta love these guys, their openess and the availability to keep fans happy and informed ! :)

[YOUTUBEHD]YJuqAwpGrIU[/YOUTUBEHD]

So the only way to watch this race live is to do it online?
Yesish. ABC will have a summarized thing on Sunday.

This was the only full coverage contract they could get. Speed never gave it to them and no broadcast network is willing to wipe out half their schedule for one race.

Back