2011 12 Hours of Sebring

picture.php

That wouldn't directly relate to us, especially considering he joined GTP after he'd already started racing in the GT4 European Cup.

No, not directly. Put simply though, he's a GT Gamer like the rest of who previously had really no chance at being where he currently is. I'd say that relates to most of us, wouldn't you?

Lucas does have a karting background though as I understand, and was a big reason for him winning GT Academy. Still, it does help the image of sim-racing and his successes can possibly pave the way for more sim-racers with natural talent (like Lucas) to get real-life opportunities where they might not have previously. Kart-racers will still always have the huge, huge advantage though.

That I didn't know, and most likely helped him out winning the competition. I know iRacing has their kid who put some laps around a real track and was noted to be naturally skilled at being a racer. I don't recall exactly but one of the training drivers said his first time out he was on pace with the pros.
I'm all for it, but these enduros isn't 1 person winning. It's the team. I stepped out for a few. Checked the ALMS live standings and it seems he's not doing night sessions (not listed as driver). Probably team decision since he's the rookie without experience at night.

I don't think Audi is placing in top 3. Only way would be if the others crash out or have mechanical issues and let the 2 Audis catch up.

Last edited:
If Highcroft wins this I'll get (more) drunk ! Amazing race!!!:D

I think they'll have to settle for 2nd place. That's still utterly amazing for a team racing in a completely different category than they did last year with a car that's only a week old.

I think they'll have to settle for 2nd place. That's still utterly amazing for a team racing in a completely different category than they did last year with a car that's only a week old.

Not only that but a lot of the media were giving them little chance to be competitive with the top of the P1 pack.

Where's Ordonez?

Second in class, 10 laps down on class leading Lola Honda.

If Highcroft wins this I'll get (more) drunk ! Amazing race!!!:D

Agreed, really hoping they can do it, it's looking very close and exciting at the moment!

That I didn't know, and most likely helped him out winning the competition. I know iRacing has their kid who put some laps around a real track and was noted to be naturally skilled at being a racer. I don't recall exactly but one of the training drivers said his first time out he was on pace with the pros.

Gregor Huttu is a pure sim-racer (doesn't even have a driving licence!), and proof that sim racing can help develop technical skills. That being said, although his times were pretty good, he did have serious problems with g-forces.

Here's a link to a video of his real-life experience

They got a little help from certain people taking each other out.

That's not the point. The point is that they are competing for victory with 2 Peugeots, that are without any doubt the fastest cars out of the LMP1 grid.

Even without the Audi #2 and Peugeot #7 incident, this still would've been a 5-way battle with the Highcroft still involved.

Even without the Audi #2 and Peugeot #7 incident, this still would've been a 5-way battle with the Highcroft still involved.

You never know, the Highcroft could've been taken out.

Audi-Peugeot ... this is what people thought Sebring would be about.

Well, it hasn't been. :cheers:

I would have preferred that. The situation now would be better if Peugeot loses.

Audi-Peugeot ... this is what people thought Sebring would be about.

Well, it hasn't been. :cheers:

It's been like that on the norm where P1 talk is all about Audi vs Pug. I'm glad it's been this way for Sebring24 though.
Granted, this isn't Audis new car.

17' to go!

Not happy that a Pug won it but since it was Oreca's team, not factory Pug, and seeing the main guy in charge with tears of happiness.. I'm cool with the end.

I really want to know how Audi's new car, R18, is going to do in LMS.

Well done ORECA, well done Highcroft, well done Rahal / BMW team. Great results from all of you! Le Mans will be epic! :)

Back