2011 12 Hours of Sebring

Hmm, to my eyes looks like the Jaaaaag lost it, and the BMW locked up trying to avoid it!

Definitely not. I'm guessing the BMW driver was expecting the Jaguar to simply let him through. The Jaguar went for the inside as any other driver would do, surprising the BMW driver which resulted in a lock-up. No one to blame, a simple racing incident.

My stream on the alms site just went kaput, anybody else?

EDIT: It's back.

Definitely not. I'm guessing the BMW driver was expecting the Jaguar to simply let him through. The Jaguar went for the inside as any other driver would do, surprising the BMW driver which resulted in a lock-up. No one to blame, a simple racing incident.

Well, to be fair I only saw the latter part of it, and it looked like the Jag was on it's way round with the BM already a way back from it, but I could be wrong.

My stream on the alms site just went kaput, anybody else?

EDIT: It's back.

Not sure, I'm on justin.tv stream http://www.justin.tv/rampageturke2#/w/982439168/4

Is it me or is the 458 a really ugly race car, the 430 looks a lot better... I don't think the 458's slender shape lends itself to GT mods.

Is it me or is the 458 a really ugly race car, the 430 looks a lot better... I don't think the 458's slender shape lends itself to GT mods.

I think it looks absolutely fantastic. But as a GT racer, I think the M3 looks amongst the best cars of the field.

For a week old car, that Highcroft car is going at a striking pace. Major thumbs up to them! 👍

Does anyone know what happened to Lucas?

They had a gearbox problem that put them out of the lead. Not sure which position they're at right now, though.

2 years ago the lad was playing video games like all of us. Look at where he is now. I'm sure the most of us are dreaming already.

Some of the GT guys are really pedaling fast now.

Cool, I didn't take any pictures when I went last year. Hopefully Old Boone will have some good shots from this weekend.

Lucas isn't the only driver. It'd be a team win, not Lucas winning.

I think him coming from sim racing and now actually being a driver in one of the ALMS teams speaks volumes. No longer can sim racers get the automatic brush off from racing teams seeking drivers and no longer will kart racers have the huge advantage over simmers, regardless if his team wins or not. It'll just be known more if his team does win. Even if right now there's only like 4-5 cars in his class.

Because he's "the Playstation boy", according to the announcers, and he's basically just like one of us when you consider who he was before his racing career. (He's even a member here at GTP)

That wouldn't directly relate to us, especially considering he joined GTP after he'd already started racing in the GT4 European Cup.

Lucas isn't the only driver. It'd be a team win, not Lucas winning.

I think him coming from sim racing and now actually being a driver in one of the ALMS teams speaks volumes. No longer can sim racers get the automatic brush off from racing teams seeking drivers and no longer will kart racers have the huge advantage over simmers, regardless if his team wins or not. It'll just be known more if his team does win.

Fact is though, Lucas was lucky to win a competition to show off his skills... same as reality TV singers... there are thousands of people out there good enough, but it's getting noticed. Kart racers will still get noticed by more of the right people than someone sitting at home playing GT5.

The real question is, would lucas have had his skills without playing GT... if the answer is no, then that makes GT more impressive..

No longer can sim racers get the automatic brush off from racing teams seeking drivers and no longer will kart racers have the huge advantage over simmers, regardless if his team wins or not. It'll just be known more if his team does win.

Lucas does have a karting background though as I understand, and was a big reason for him winning GT Academy. Still, it does help the image of sim-racing and his successes can possibly pave the way for more sim-racers with natural talent (like Lucas) to get real-life opportunities where they might not have previously. Kart-racers will still always have the huge, huge advantage though.

Latest Posts

Back