2011 12 Hours of Sebring

That 908 HDI FAP is probably still a very quick car, last year at Le Mans they seemed way quicker than the R15s. So maybe if Oreca just push as hard as possible all the way through the 24 hours they could have a shot at winning it.

Unfortunately I missed most of the race, but the last 5 hours I did manage to catch were fantastic. Really happy Team Oreca won and a great job by Highcroft, as usual some awesome racing from the GT class too. I cannot wait for the rest of the season. :D 👍

Congrats to Lucas and Nissan for a 2nd place in class finish. This race would have ended a lot differently in every class if it weren't for mechanical issues and mistakes. Just means the rest of the season should be interesting. Good luck, Lucas!

I found it funny how the Lambo retired.. and there were still about 5 Ferraris going in on the checkered flag. :sly:

The Lambo retired very early in the race. Not sure what the problem was.

I expect the 458's to improve as the season goes on. Not a bad drive by the F430 today.

I love Corvettes, too.. but BMW shouldn't have won GT. :grumpy:

Why not? They were the fastest cars in their class and worked their asses off to get to the lead. And the Risi Ferrari team made had battery issues. Corvette was the closes ones to them and they weren't close enough to catch 'em.

Personally, I'm always happy to see someone else besides Corvette take the win at any race.

Great race.

It's great to see an GT Academy winner in the race and Lucas did a great job. 👍
Too bad it wasn't on TV is my only complaint, and the same for the other 3 races to be on espn3.com.

I can't wait for the Lime Rock race as I have my ticket already.

Second in class, 10 laps down on class leading Lola Honda.

Agreed, really hoping they can do it, it's looking very close and exciting at the moment!

Gregor Huttu is a pure sim-racer (doesn't even have a driving licence!), and proof that sim racing can help develop technical skills. That being said, although his times were pretty good, he did have serious problems with g-forces.

Here's a link to a video of his real-life experience

He does have a driving licence, they added that for dramatic effect. Greger is a bit of a freak, if he entered GT academy he would go to silverstone with the top time on the board.

But he does have a driving licence and he does drive, and he did before he was invited to the skip barber racing school. I think what he had in skill and talent he lacked in fitness and health.

I love Corvettes, too.. but BMW shouldn't have won GT. :grumpy:

Whow... I don't know what made you think of that but they had one of the fastest, most reliable car and they worked really hard to get back to the top. I honestly don't mind who wins the race but since BMW wins the race in a good way thus they earned it.

A victory that Hughes De Chaunac thoroughly deserved, hopefully this bodes well for the 'other' French privateer, Pescarolo who return to Le Mans this year.

Looks like BMW have really sorted the M3 this year, and the two WTCC guys have really showcased their talent aswell.

I caught the first 10 hours or so, really gutted I missed the last 2 as it seems everything happened in those two events! Oh well, I'm pleased for Matmut & BMW 👍 I'm going to make a effort to follow most of the ALMS events this year, especially with this live stream thing, should make it a lot easier to follow. (well, when it works...)

I caught the first 10 hours or so, really gutted I missed the last 2 as it seems everything happened in those two events! Oh well, I'm pleased for Matmut & BMW 👍 I'm going to make a effort to follow most of the ALMS events this year, especially with this live stream thing, should make it a lot easier to follow. (well, when it works...)

To be honest, ALMS looks to be a bit pants again, as does the LMS. It's all about the ILMC rounds.

ILMC GTP Fan Group

To be honest, ALMS looks to be a bit pants again, as does the LMS. It's all about the ILMC rounds.

ILMC GTP Fan Group

But whenever ILMC races, it teams with either ALMS or LMS. So you've always got one of them being good. And as a sportscar racing fan, I'm quite happy to watch anything with GT racing involved. :P

Good race, but too many safety cars. I agree with commentator John Hindhaugh though. Nothing ever happens in an endurance race! :)

Fantastic to see the Oreca Matmut team take the win at Sebring. Absolutely amazing stuff! 👍

My drive for the day has got to go to the Highcroft Racing team, though. I cannot repeat enough to kind of stuff they just pulled off by finishing 2nd in a 12 hour race with a car that didn't even turn a wheel prior to the testing days. They've also got some great drivers behind the wheel of that HPD and I don't doubt even for one second they are in contention for a podium position at Le Mans.

And let's not forget they finished 2nd on pace and on tactics. No pure luck for this team to finish up there where they did. That's just truly some amazing stuff for a team new to LMP1 racing!

Disappointed to see my team, the Flying Lizards, as far down as they did. But it's a 12 hour race; Some things can go right, and most of the things can go horribly wrong.

Good race, but too many safety cars. I agree with commentator John Hindhaugh though. Nothing ever happens in an endurance race! :)

Agreed to the fullest. The safety car procedures took way too long, lasting around 15 minutes each. Add all the yellows up and that easily equals over an hour of boring yellow racing. Other than that I thought the race was Fantastic, watched all 12 hours (except for the yellows)!

To add to that, the cautions hurt the Peugeots chance of storming away from the field because they had the strongest car.

Quick race recap by Highcroft's drivers. I expect a few more videos from the team in the coming days. Great stuff!

[YOUTUBEHD]TnOeQDWaG_Y[/YOUTUBEHD]

PS - Funny how Pagenaud (Peugeot works driver for the Le Mans 24 Hours) says he'll have to be careful battling his own car at La Sarthe. :)

PPS - I suppose they'll field Marco Werner to replace him, he did a great job last year.

Great win for the Oreca outfit. And finally! A gas powered car in the podium section, displacing a couple of diesels.

Diesel's have been reigning for too long, I really hope HPD takes Le Mans from the Pugs and the Audi.

Congrats to Oreca, Highcroft, BMW and Lucas.
Also a notable congrats to RSR Jaguar for a better running this time!

ABC's review show of Sebring is horrible. This commentator keeps stuttering and they keep having interviews with everyone instead of racing. I'm glad I decided to watch yesterday.

To add to that, the cautions hurt the Peugeots chance of storming away from the field because they had the strongest car.

To be completely honest, I don't think Peugeot ever had a better car over Audi. The Peugeots never actually made a gap with the Audis, and even when the Audis got set back 5-6 laps they still didn't give an inch to the Audis; matching, if not even beating, the laptimes of the Peugeot cars.

Latest Posts

Back