2011 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tired Tyres
  • 1,701 comments
  • 125,302 views
I've not heard of a Dacia until now. Lol.
 
I think Dacia is owned by Renault, and is made for emerging markets, i.e. cheap motoring for the masses .
 
22514082.jpg


Dacia racer at the ring.
 
#235 sitting around in the pits with its wheels removed. WTF, I've really had it :lol:
 
I can't believe someone actually wanted to enter with an Opel Manta. :crazy:

Here are more Manta's. :lol:



Btw. the Manta is/was something like a "cult car" in Germany. ;)
 
A huge race is going on and yet here we are talking about low budget cars. :lol:
 
#235 sitting around in the pits with its wheels removed. WTF, I've really had it :lol:

looks like a brake pad change

Edit maybe not they're removing the the rear suspension
 
I saved it months ago for the Nurburgring webcam thread
 
looks like a brake pad change

Looks more like suspension Work. I just don't get it. Absolutely every car I've liked is being stricken with lots of problems... At least the #1 BMW M3 is slowly making its way up again.
 
Kazanori leads the class :cheers:

they now have a lap gap
 
Btw. the Manta is/was something like a "cult car" in Germany. ;)

They are quite rare on the streets here nowadays. So I naturally was a bit suprised to see that car on the list of participants.
 
I'm wondering whether VW will even get the #235 out again, wouldn't be suprised if it was retired, as well. What a way to celebrate the GTi's 35th anniversary.
 
I do like the way that the race flows without a safety car. I think its much better with the localized incident vehicles. I know it probably wouldn't work in F1, but I'm sure something like this could be done. Or just thinking out loud here, how about an old F1 car like one of the Toyota's as an F1 safety car. It could be driven by an ex driver, it could even be decorated in the relevant country's logo as it goes from race to race.
 
I'm wondering whether VW will even get the #235 out again, wouldn't be suprised if it was retired, as well. What a way to celebrate the GTi's 35th anniversary.

Its back out a lap down
 
Great to be able to watch race...
 
I do like the way that the race flows without a safety car. I think its much better with the localized incident vehicles. I know it probably wouldn't work in F1, but I'm sure something like this could be done. Or just thinking out loud here, how about an old F1 car like one of the Toyota's as an F1 safety car. It could be driven by an ex driver, it could even be decorated in the relevant country's logo as it goes from race to race.

I guess the reason thos works is mostly because the Nürburgring 24 Hour track is so insanely long, so you're better of just walling a small area off as opposed to the whole track. The field's just way to big for that... But it might work for, say Le Mans.
 
Nurburgring Blues?
 
Its back out a lap down

I swear to god, they'd better get cracking. But it appearently is starting to rain lightly, the perfect condition for the AWD Golf to shine 👍
 
Sexy sax man at the Nurburgring?

Yea like the guy from Saturday Night Live bursting through the walls, what was his name, was it something like Tim Cappelo, the guy who played sax in the Lost Boys and with Tina Turner on We don't need another hero.
 
Kaz team 1st in sp8t class yay :gtpflag: correct me if im wrong and his 24 overall.
 
Yep he's showing 24th on the timings I can see.
 
German commentators are stating that it's still in the pits, being repaired.

I think you're right its fallen down to 34th two laps down, the #71 is running in 24th
 
Loving the banter on radiolemans, talking about the sax and now the cleaners,
"We've had the blow, now we've got the suck".
 
I think you're right its fallen down to 34th two laps down, the #71 is running in 24th

I knew it :-/ Oh well, back to supporting BMW, I guess. That avatar looked better, anyways.

Let's see whether this'll cause trouble for the #1.

Looking at the post below, hell no, I'll better not risk switching to a BMW avatar right now.
 
It seems like the #76 BMW had an accident at Pflanzgarten... I just woke up and hearing these bad news is just absurd. My live timing isn't working either!
 
Anywhere I can find a good live stream? Even if it's on-board?
 
Back