2011 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 480 comments
Its just such a joy to watch these cars go around Suzuka.

Great job by Button today and Vettel great season!

And btw what is up with Hamilton? He really doesnt know how much space he has around him when somebody is besides him. Kobayashi in Spa and twice with Massa now.

Twice? Not sure if you watch Monaco...

Evidently there is a new red bull seasonal event up, with the x2010 at suzuka. Good times then, good grand prix, and free x2010 already!

That would be because Alonso was 1 second behind an HRT at the detection point. They both passed it before the chicane but Alonso still got to use the DRS as he was less than a second behind another car at the detection point.

Isn't DRS automatically enabled and available for the driver only when he is within 1 second at the detection point? The system will enable it and if the drivers is not within one second he can press the button all he wants and nothing will happen?

That would be because Alonso was 1 second behind an HRT at the detection point. They both passed it before the chicane but Alonso still got to use the DRS as he was less than a second behind another car at the detection point.

Yeah I know...they called it too early before further seeing plus that comment was pretty far back.

Yep, Monaco also...

Massa and Hamilton are like oil and water since 08 this year just seems worst than last for some reason.

Maybe if Lewis doesn't win a championship in a couple years he can become the next stig for top gear!

Isn't DRS automatically enabled and available for the driver only when he is within 1 second at the detection point? The system will enable it and if the drivers is not within one second he can press the button all he wants and nothing will happen?
Yes, and Alonso did use it legally and it did function the way it's intended to. The fact there was no car in front of him on the pit straight when it opened does not automatically make it illegal.

Someone else also got to use it legally when there was no car in front as it had pitted.

I see Webber bogging at the start, futzing up yet another potential sweeping victory, Massa is going to throw a fist toward Hammy's face, Hamilton will duck and the fist will collide with Alonso instead, after which both will shrug it off and walk off into the sunset.

On a more serious note, I see Jenson taking this and Kobayashi outdoing his Kamikaze performance from last season. KOBAKAZI!

At least I got one of those things right. :D

Nice race, great for Button, very surprising for Alonso but the man of the day is of course Sebastian Vettel the 2011 world champion. However, I'm still dissapointed with Kobayashi seeing him going very strong earlier but suddenly dropping like a stone towards the end. A shame though but obviously he was doing his best.

I think Hamilton was doing well in this race, did get into a contact with Massa but no penalty means he wouldn't be fuming later...

I now can't wait to see who will get the 2nd place and the story continues in Korea.

I'm still dissapointed with Kobayashi seeing him going very strong earlier but suddenly dropping like a stone towards the end.
I guess the Sauber's where'nt as strong this year . i was disappointed by Senna's preformance.

I guess the Sauber's where'nt as strong this year . i was disappointed by Senna's preformance.

I believe it wasn't because the Saubers weren't strong this year but perhaps Kobayashi was on a bad luck as his tyres were going off the cliff before the end. Perez on the other hand went on setting a fastest lap and blast away from Kobayashi...

Senna wasn't doing good either today perhaps due to his car having problems. We'll see...

Just got the free Vettel X2010!

Is it the same one you get for reaching level 35 in B-Spec?

You missed a cracking race. :(

There is no need for that.:)

Button did all that he could. 👍

Alonso did more that his car should allow. My driver of the day. 👍👍

Vettel is an idiot. The first turn was a low percentage move. It cost absolutely nothing at all to let Button go at that point since nobody else's result mattered one tiny little bit to him. Only his own result was of any relevance at all. I wonder about that boy sometimes. :dunce:

Webber. Did he turn up for this race? :confused:

Hamilton. Well it's not a Grand Prix if he doesn't hit Massa is it? Unlucky with the puncture but it shouldn't have compromised him that much. He should still have been in the fight but it just didn't happen.

Massa? Retire mate. It's getting embarrassing.:ouch:

Don't rub it in man.

Actually it wasn't all that interesting. Button took the lead in the pits. Alonso passed Vettel in the pit sequence as well. There was not that much real passing acton. Vettel was putting a bit of pressure on Alonso for a couple of laps but it was very clear that he would not risk anything for the championship. If it had been necessary Vettel would have passed Alonso. Webber drove an anonymous race, Hamilton and Massa went backwards as usual.

More or less the only real action was that Vettel squeezed Button at the start and a nice pass by Koby at the hairpin.

Back