2011 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 329 comments
vinces.jpg

Yellow!

Stupid traffic! Button loses by 1.7 after losing 2 to traffic

After losing 4+ from Kobayashi on the restart too, you have to say Button should have won this race, he just got unlucky.

Congratulations to Vettel, a perfect weekend for him once again.

What's better, the fight between Button and Vettel in traffic, Hamilton cutting up the field (literally)? Or Vettel squealing like a schoolgirl on the radio? :lol:

The race was made interesting by button at the end but Vettel must have had a lot in reserve if needed.

Good win by him and a good 2nd place by Button, but Webber 29 seconds behind? What was that about?

At least Alonso has the excuse of a Ferrari to blame on being 55 seconds behind at the end.

There must have been a concern about the fuel load in Vettel's car because he did slow his pace down a lot at the end of the race.

Button could only dream of getting past Vettel, but in the end it was Seb all the way!

You only need one more point, but go for the win in Japan! Forza Vettel! Forza Red Bull!

Driver of the day is Seb, with Di Resta getting honors as well.

Unlike Button and Vettel, Webber had to keep passing and re-passing that Ferrari... and he had a fight with Lewis when Lewis peaked (before he had to pit for another set of primes). Webber, to be fair, had did some of the best overtakes of the race.

Fantastic stuff by Hamilton... especially on that last stint. That puncture robbed him of better results, but really... his misfortune was all his fault.

Button got really close at the end, but it was all Vettel. He no doubt had a lot in reserve. Still, Kamui robbed us of what could have been a more interesting battle at front...

Better race than I expected... but some of the driving was questionable... Hamilton... Schumacher... I'm still wondering if Rosberg's trip over the run-off on those first few corners wasn't entirely legal.

But whatever... as long as Button wins 2nd in the championship, I'm satisfied. :lol:

Vettel lost time too you know in the traffic, might be more than Button lost. Button cost himself by going a bit too slow and not maximising his tyres just that bit earlier.

Anyway I wonder if Vettel does his usual it's not over until it's over speech.

Eddie Jordan literally just Rickrolled the F1 Forum. :crazy:

Also, Petrov's not only had a horrific race but he's had his throne of air stolen from him my Schumi.

...Well? done to Vettel, awesome job from Button (lol at his attacking attempt at the end) and Di Resta, Hamilton recovered enormously well too.

I'm interested to see what will happen to the investigation involving the pit incident between Kovalainen and Vettel. In my opinion, there shouldn't be any penalty because Kovalainen was fighting for track position as Petrov was also in the pit behind Vettel. Now if Kovalainen waited for Vettel only to pull out then he would've lost a position to Petrov. I'm very sure he wouldn't want to do that just in favour of Vettel...

It's pretty unfair if Kovalainen gets a penalty because he had a point to do so. Just Vettel were a bit out of luck to be in the pit together with them.

I'm interested to see what will happen to the investigation involving the pit incident between Kovalainen and Vettel. In my opinion, there shouldn't be any penalty because Kovalainen was fighting for track position as Petrov was also in the pit behind Vettel. Now if Kovalainen waited for Vettel only to pull out then he would've lost a position to Petrov. I'm very sure he wouldn't want to do that just in favour of Vettel...

It's pretty unfair if Kovalainen gets a penalty because he had a point to do so. Just Vettel were a bit out of luck to be in the pit together with them.
That is all completely irrelevant. You cannot release a car into the path of another car already coming down the pitlane. End. Kovalainen was clearly released when he shouldn't have been. The blame lies with the team though.

Back