2011 Malaysian Grand Prix

I love the F1 forum on the BBC, does anybody else watch it?

Gosh that race was boring as sin, only the start and the last lap was worth watching... especially getting up at 8am on the Sunday. Such a shame it didn't rain.

That was a weird accident from Petrov. He went so far out off the circuit that I wouldn't be surprised if his steering was already loose. You can bet the FIA will want to take a look at that section of the circuit; no-one's ever been that far off-line before, and since a driver can't actully see what is directly in front of him, Petrov never would have seen it coming. That accident could easily have been much worse, so you can bet they'll have something to say about fixing it up.

If you look at the on board view you'll see he had to correct his steering and just under steered as a result of it.

If RBR know that the KERS is not working or they don't want to use it , why install it?

Just adds 50kg more to the car.

They were using or intended to use it, which is why it was on the car. Also, it's 30KG which would be replaced by ballast if it wasn't installed.

Wow staggering overtakes ,maybe too much actually .Kudos to Mark for the comeback and Nick as well.Seb is just brilliant ,any news on Lewis 's Tyre selection.

Oh and is there any highlight video compilation by BBC or whatever because I love watching them

Brawn ran out of money. And the reason why Red Bull never threatened him was because they were too busy taking points out of one another for one of them to mount a serious championship challenge. Vettel would win a race, then Webber. Then Vettel again. and all the while, Button picks up solid lower-order points finishes that just made Red Bull's job harder. By rights, they should have won in 2009 - but they didn't. I'm willing to bet that mistake led to them favouring Vettel much sooner in the 2010 championship, because they wanted to guarantee a win.

Gosh that race was boring as sin, only the start and the last lap was worth watching... especially getting up at 8am on the Sunday. Such a shame it didn't rain.

You must have seen a different race than I did.

Have to say Di Resta had a fine race. Second point of the year already! How do you think he'll get on for the rest of the season guys?

To be honest, Button didn't get terribly threatened in the championship that year. It just started unbelievably well then went sort of wrong.

Brawn had no funding for updates throughout the 2009 season. Red Bull look to be consistently fast all season, with constant upgrade packages (similar to Ferrari 2002 I think).

You must have seen a different race than I did.

Nothing happened during the middle part of the race, I even started falling asleep. The last few laps were really good though.

I think the DRS system needs serious refinement, so many instances of it not working correctly and its probably to do with the wireless detection.

Have to say Di Resta had a fine race. Second point of the year already! How do you think he'll get on for the rest of the season guys?

It depends on what FI can do, Di Resta's a talented driver but the cars not quite there yet, if they can get it back to the front of the midfield then he'll be regularly in the top 10 (including in qualifying). On another topic who will be Alonso's teammate next year? Massa is too slow, Kubica (the obvious one) is out of action and Ferrari would be taking a risk, Perez is too inexperienced in F1.

I've always sworn it was Bourdais, odd.

Great race. I enjoyed it at any rate. After seeing Webber drop back to 10th, and fighting with Kobayashi, I thought 'Well here we go, Webber is going downhil. But he seemed to get better once he got onto the hard tyre.

I fully expected Hamilton to pit for a 4th time, but Alonso getting a new front wing? that was a bonus! (I dislike Alonso. but that's not for now) I think that Heidfeld drove a great race, and deserved 3rd, and I think, even though his tyres were older then Webber's, he managed them better.

oh, and Petrov... well, he's back in form...

superpetrrov.png

P.S. we have two Lotus Renault teams. Lotus Renault (green), and Lotus Renault (black)

RE: interludes

I just think petrov tends to crash alot.

and I haven't really been following the headlines much, and just remembered that Lotus use Renault engines this year, creating lotus-renault, to face off against Renault works. I just find it funny that their proper names both feature Lotus Renault

Hey guess what Michael Schumacher has made a comeback in F1!

Was Petrov's flight entirely his own error? Or was a mechanical issue responsible for sending him off. He did have a good weekend up to then, but is paid to bring in the results each week. Too many costly errors on his part. He could lose his seat to Heidfeld in 2012 as Kubica returns?

Well obviously it wouldn't had happened had he not gone wide. But like with the 2008 Glock incident there were questions asked about the safety of that particular area of run-off area.

Ah I see. Seemed bizarre that he launched over a drainage groove (or something) on an unsighted corner. Still raises questions about Petrov's concentration levels. Which is a kinda essential skill for a top flight driver.

Back