2012 Bahrain Grand Prix

Stupid bbc said the race was at 3 o'clock did i miss a good one?

Im inclined to believe that there wont be any bad races this year... in other words you missed a great race (not as good as China IMO but great nonetheless)

So, are they going to continue the trend? Maybe Webber will win next race, or Schumacher, or even Hamilton.
I hope one those 3 or a Lotus win the next race.

For the trend to continue next win will go to either a Sauber, a Williams, a Force India or possibly a Lotus

So my pre-race predictions have gone horribly wrong. Damn.

Vettel only leads by four points. But given how badly he's been doing this season... who'd have thought he would actually be on top of the standings?

Spain in three weeks... that's going to be a very long wait.

So my pre-race predictions have gone horribly wrong. Damn.

Vettel only leads by four points. But given how badly he's been doing this season... who'd have thought he would actually be on top of the standings?

Spain in three weeks... that's going to be a very long wait.

Could close up dependant on the Rosberg incidents.

Kimi Raikkonen had a great battle with Vettel and Mclaren had a few problems with there pit stops.

New drivers standings, mega gasp.

M.Webber 36
S.Vettel 35
N Rosberg 35
L Hamilton 34
F Alonso 33
K Raikonnen 28
R Grosjean 23
S Perez 18
J Button 18
P Di Resta 14

:embarrassed:

Fail...

1 Sebastian Vettel, German Red Bull Racing-Renault - 53
2 Lewis Hamilton, British McLaren-Mercedes - 49
3 Mark Webber, Australian Red Bull Racing-Renault - 48
4 Jenson Button, British McLaren-Mercedes - 43
5 Fernando Alonso, Spanish Ferrari - 43
6 Nico Rosberg, German Mercedes - 35
7 Kimi Räikkönen, Finnish Lotus-Renault - 34
8 Romain Grosjean, French Lotus-Renault - 23
9 Sergio Perez, Mexican Sauber-Ferrari - 22
10 Paul di Resta, British Force India-Mercedes - 15

Taken directly from the F1 website -_-

Actually, the next few races will be great if it's going on like that - having a deciding last race once more would be ace.

The BBC highlights start at 5PM. That's only one hour from now.

Why where you asleep at 1PM? Student/teenager by any chance? :sly:

Yep :lol: And going to bed at 3 am but still thought I would be up by 12.

Last edited:
Yep :lol: And going to bed at 3 am but still thought I would be up by 12.

To my calculations getting up at 12 is a solid 9 hours sleep! I couldn't sleep for that long, you have no excuse - did you miss the whole race? If so you were asleep for 11 hours, what were you doing? Hibernating?

To my calculations getting up at 12 is a solid 9 hours sleep! I couldn't sleep for that long, you have no excuse - did you miss the whole race? If so you were asleep for 11 hours, what were you doing? Hibernating?

Hardly any of your business if he took some sleeping pills with alchool, smoke too much weed or did some opium the night before... and OT too :dopey:

The next race might start to really show us who can really win the championship. But I suspect that who ever (of the front teams) makes the best development will take the cake.

Last edited:
Since I missed it can anyone give me a short discription of the fun bits?

Vettel got a great start. Button and Hamilton didn't get a great start on the dirty side. Massa moved up, Alonso got a heroic start up the outside, the Lotii turned out to be full-on Snarks, not just Boojums, and they proceeded to cut up the field like they were a bunch of moving pinatas.

The McLarens lost a lot of rear tire at the start and did early stops. They never recovered. Button pitted very early, Hamilton fell to the Lotii on-track. Lewis then suffered from a stuck nut. Twice. And it was the same one. He's going to need an icepack after the race, I hear twisted nuts are quite painful.

The Mercs never looked in contention. Rosberg got a poor start. Then he proceeded to push anyone off the track who threatened to overtake him. Stewards say the paddle will be brought out after the race.

By the middle stint, it became apparent that the Lotuses were going to catch Vettel. Kimi was third and faster, but he took two or three laps to pass Grosjean, who was on the slower tire. This allowed Vettel to pad his lead a bit, and gave him breathing space.

Kimi finally got his chance to overtake Vettel before the last set of pits, but Vettel defended in the correct direction. Kimi later said that "Next time, maybe Vettel will brake on the wrong side, and I will win."

Vettel, on the other hand, raised two fingers on the podium. Over Kimi's head when they were doing the photo ops.

Not much else to report. A lot of overtaking. A lot more overtaking. Paul Di Resta doing a heroic two-stopper to come sixth. Rosberg, Massa and Alonso stopped on track at the end of the race because of low fuel and a possible broken exhaust on Rosberg's part. Button limping into the pits on the last lap because of a possible broken exhaust. Vettel stopping on track and sprinting to the podium from the finish line. A rather boring race. Vettel wins, Kimi second, Grosjean third. Same guys who've been up there all season long.

Oh, wait...

I really never knew that the Lotus cars were going to be that fast comes the race. So, 4 different winners from 4 different teams already so far. Could we go for the 5th different win from different team again? I doubt it but this sound like a really good season shaping up to be!

I'm a bit gutted by some but happy with some. Blimey, almost all the cars stopped on the track on the cool-down lap after the race. This race really punished all the cars to its limit.

Here comes the sad thing. After 8 years straight, I may have to miss my first live race for Barcelona for some 'may be unavoidable reason'. I'm praying really hard to I will be able to catch the race as usual.

I'm surprised no one have mentioned that Schumacher squeezed Perez in the pit...

When Hamilton didn't squeeze Kimi in the pits in China, people called for Hamilton to be penalized.
I really never knew that the Lotus cars were going to be that fast comes the race. So, 4 different winners from 4 different teams already so far. Could we go for the 5th different win from different team again? I doubt it but this sound like a really good season shaping up to be!

I still don't understand why the Lotus is so quick. It looks very ordinary.

Does anyone know if the Rosberg incidents have been investigated yet? If so, what were the results of the investigation?

I'm surprised no one have mentioned that Schumacher squeezed Perez in the pit...

I still don't understand why the Lotus is so quick. It looks very ordinary.

No, I didn't see Schumacher squeeze Perez but instead, it was Perez who were eager to stay on Schumacher's side and then realise that he no longer has any tarmac left.

Very unexpected from the Lotus eh? But yes, I was shocked when both the Lotuses started to attack Vettel but when one of the guys from Lotus said that they have something to be unlocked this weekend, from then I knew they have something to show but never knew where they got the pace from.

I think out of all, I'm dissapointed the most with Sauber. Again, it was all about confusing pit stop strategy, much like last week in China.

No, I didn't see Schumacher squeeze Perez but instead, it was Perez who were eager to stay on Schumacher's side and then realise that he no longer has any tarmac left.

You can see that Schumacher is moving closer and closer to the blue line.

I don't care, though. I just wanted to point it out because a similar incident happened in China between Hamilton and Kimi and a lot of people was calling for a penalty on Hamilton.

Back