2012 Canadian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Ross
  • 766 comments
Not long now until qualifying, Vettel looked quick in third practice and I think he was holding back a little but Hamilton's fastest time was set on the yellow tyre so I expect him and Vettel to be very close. I have no idea how well the rest of the rest of the field will qualify, there are so many that are close to the front.

Is the RB9 going to have holes everywhere, and be painted pale yellow, and built in Switzerland...

Holes in the floor, holes in the hubs, wheels and brakes. The Mad Driller Newey would put holes in his tires if it would make them roll faster!

I think Mercedes are going to do well in this session, and it will be interesting to see what Button can do with him missing FP1 & 2.

Maybe Kovalainen has this problem, dunno but he was behind Petrov.
Button must be pretty uneasy about the car for losing prac time.
Any other you think are struggling?

Mostly the youngest that don't know the track very well. Were hoping to find pace, rithm, keep being put off for locking fronts over the bumps. Plus Massa (visible) and Button (audible).

What's happening? America can't watch it just yet as NASCAR qualifying from Pocono hasn't finished yet.

13:14

Vettel goes fastest on a 1:14.743. Fastest final sector from the Red Bull, interestingly

13:13

Vettel pushing on for another timed lap and he's improving. The gap between compounds is somewhere between 0.4 and 0.7s this weekend

13:13

That means the drop zone is currently Petrov, Kovalainen, Vergne, de la Rosa, Glock, Pic and Karthikeyan

race'emhard
What's happening? America can't watch it just yet as NASCAR qualifying from Pocono hasn't finished yet.

Not much. MSC has set fastest time so far at 1.14.8xx but they're still on the Soft tire.
Edit: now Vettel fastest on 1.14.7

Button going out on the Super Soft! He must be struggling!
Edit: Vergne out qualified by both Caterhams!

Button going out on the Super Soft! He must be struggling!

My only doubt is if he's gonna bother to try improving much on this time, or save it for the race and do a one stopper.

Am i reading this right? Top 17 drivers separated by 0.9 of a second?

Yup :D

Oh, if you're wondering why Alonso and the Ferraris are where they are, they did these times without using the super softs yet.

Not only did the two Caterhams out qualify Vergne, De La Rosa in the HRT out qualified both Maussias! :eek:

I still put Schumacher for the pole! :P
de la Rosa did a good job to out qualify the Marussia cars. Massa in 15th, Alonso in 5th, but only separated by 0.2s!

Marussia team was expecting it, they said their car sucked in Canada.

Nico, Shumi and Hamilton giving all they got for now. Button destroys a front right under braking...

Now Alonso (finally) with supersofts, 6m to go, clean track ahead... 2nd on first fast lap. Not even trying hard :)

Last edited:
Back