2012 Canadian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Ross
  • 766 comments
Every weekend I see Hamilton somewhere near the top, but come the race it all falls apart :nervous:

But he really looks like he has the pace, lets hope they don't under fuel his car :)

I hope that this weekend he will manage his first win of the season... :) Its a positive combo between driver->track->car. He loves this track, suits him, and suits the car.
Although i would like a Schumacher win aswell. It's time, and he deserves it to boost him up i think. :)

Every weekend I see Hamilton somewhere near the top, but come the race it all falls apart :nervous:

But he really looks like he has the pace, lets hope they don't under fuel his car :)

He often has very good race pace but he has been let down by bad luck and pit stop errors. In Melbourne he was jumped during the pit stops because of the kovailanen crash, in Malaysia I think he lost his lead in the pits, Shanghai he had a 5 place penalty for a gearbox change, Bahrain was when he had the 2 very slow pit stops I think he would have held on for 3rd or 4th, in Spain he started from the back instead of first which surely would have earned him a podium and in Monaco a slow pit stop meant when Vettel rejoined the track later in the race he was ahead of Hamilton. Alonso has probably been the most fortunate driver but he deserves to be where he is because of how hard he had to fight in the first few races.

Snappy (new) rear...

If he didn't like it, he could just ask the team to change it, no need to crash it into the tires :)

(just kidding, it was just overspeed)

Last edited:
Gorsad, dhandes is the village jinx. Come on now!

Seriously though, let's hope it goes okay. I mean this time last season he'd have drove someone up a tree. He's been calm about it for the most part and doesn't take his frustrations out on the track.

At least you used the term jinx, instead of idiot!:sly:

Lewis looks calm and assured again, surely it is his turn for a win. Please.

Senna crashes into the wall of champions, I predict him as 2012 champion. I kid, I kid.

On another note, glad to see Massa improve. But I guess these times don't mean much, considering that Di Resta went 5th fastest in the FI.

Button, disassembled car in the pits most of the session...
Poor Button's car was disassembled for most of BOTH sessions!

McLaren is on the path to a shambolic clown act. Whitmarsh must go and Dennis should un-retire.

On another note, glad to see Massa improve.

With Massa running such a strong 3rd to Lewis and Alonso, I think everyone must be concerned that Ferrari might actually have turned the corner on their technical issues. If they can run both fast and consistent, Fernando can now romp to a 3rd championship over disorganized opposition aided by his teammate hogging another step on the podium.

Respectfully predicted,
Steve

I actually got to watch practice for once! :) Now I just need to find out why the race is being shown on Fox instead of Speed.

I actually got to watch practice for once! :) Now I just need to find out why the race is being shown on Fox instead of Speed.

I don't live in America bu the answer is quite simple. Advertising, money, local interest and ratings... but mostly advertising and money.

Because Speed and Fox are owned by the same company, thus they can interchange if they feel it will get views. Also there is no Nascar on Fox till next year so that seems to be a reason they do that every year.

What's interesting is that the 3 races after are at 8:00 AM eastern. I'm not completely sure but before they were all at 2:00 PM or thereabout.

ROAD_DOGG33J
What's interesting is that the 3 races after are at 8:00 AM eastern. I'm not completely sure but before they were all at 2:00 PM or thereabout.

You mean they're actually broadcasting the races live? They have been "tape-delayed" on Fox since 2005, although I think sometimes the Canadian race is shown live when on Fox...reaching a wider audience is important for the US market, but I still think the early times are probably what keeps its popularity on low side.

From the two practice sessions, I think the Force India and Sauber are right up there. The field is pretty close so far and it seems like the weather is going to stay dry for Saturday.

Also Kova seems to be able to qualify for Q2, he's at the same pace as the Toro Rosso's guys (and they fired Buemi and Alguersuari because they couldnt do better result, well Red Bull, it's the Torro Rosso that sucks).

^ Will be interesting to see Kovalainen to be in Q2 again. But then again, I want to him fighting for positions once he gets into Q2 and not simply just to save tyres.

Not to mention the HRT's are looking faster than the Marussias. If Marussia aren't careful, they could risk losing 11th yet again to HRT.

I'm perfectly happy with the timing as it means I can go to Oulton Park, watch the whole BTCC package and then hopefully make it back home just in time to watch this. If not, I will at least be able to listen to some on the radio and watch the rest. I'm certainly hoping for a race stoppage again :P.

The race here will be right after midnight towards the early morning. Might sound like the timing is silly but I like it that way. No one will interrupt me in the early morning :lol:

Weather forecast is saying that we may not have any rain on Sunday, a race stoppage is possible only when something on the track is wrong, very, very, wrong...

The squirrel was given a spurious 25s penalty too. Perhaps because it's black.

Back