2012 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 933 comments
i thought the race was okay..but it was boring compared to previous years..last year in particular, which was full of incidents

Also, is it weird that this year I feel like there are less and less cars racing? Perhaps because they're only concentrating on cars at the front of the field?

Also, is it weird that this year I feel like there are less and less cars racing? Perhaps because they're only concentrating on cars at the front of the field?

yeah i noticed that..i think its because the top 5/6 were seperated by a few seconds that they just focused on that..the didnt show a replay of button spinning untill about 10 mins after it actually happened!:indiff:

I think the race coverage was directed by a local Monaco TV director and I have to say, he didn't do a great job in catching all the actions on the track. They may follow everything that happened at the front but all the things that happened at the back? They're just replays which as you said, shown some minutes later after it actually happened... :indiff:

Just got home after a long day of work and telling people to not tell me the results.. Turn on the telly and it's on ITV during the sports news and before I could do anything "Mark Webber has won a highly contested Monaco GP ..." :(

Just got home after a long day of work and telling people to not tell me the results.. Turn on the telly and it's on ITV during the sports news and before I could do anything "Mark Webber has won a highly contested Monaco GP ..." :(

Things that I wouldn't do to not spoil anything is to avoid going into the internet and switch on the TV when you know there's a news program going on. It happened to me, it sucked. I also spoiled a race for a member here, which also sucked :scared:

When a third of the cars don't finish, it's pretty easy to ignore them.

Besides... they did show everyone who eventually finished. Especially when they were being lapped. :D

Trust the Daily Mail to have that story. And no surprise that Princess Diana gets a mention. That is also worth a facepalm.

dhandes
Trust the Daily Mail to have that story. And no surprise that Princess Diana gets a mention. That is also worth a facepalm.

I dread to think what the Daily Express puts when they hear about this cos they are worse than the Daily Mail when it comes to Diana stories.

who is simon lazenby anyway?? before this season id never heard of him..was he a presenter for F1 on radio 5 live or something???

F1 teams should hire me as their strategist. What on earth were half of them thinking hanging about on track waiting for rain? I thought it was common knowledge that the best strategy is to simply be on the right tyres for the current conditions. Seeing as the rain hadn't come yet, it was stupid to keep going and not even try to get an under-cut on the cars ahead!

I was watching the Raikkonen/Schumacher/Hulkenburg/Senna train and wondering why on earth Schumacher, Hulk or Senna didn't pit earlier and undercut the others! They all pitted at the same time after going so slow on worn tyres and got jumped by Vergne by a country mile.

Of course then Toro Rosso shoot themselves in the foot by then also not following this rule and taking a very optimistic strategy again thinking it would rain.

I don't think I've watched a race with such bad strategy calls since Malaysia 2009 when Ferrari left Raikkonen out on inters on a dry track waiting for rain.

I understand that they were worried about track position but really, Hulkenburg and Senna especially had nothing to lose and everything to gain by under-cutting Raikkonen and Schumacher.

What a disappointing race. It might be the jewel in the F1 crown, but without rain, it is a borefest.

Why are people surprised each year? Its been this way forever!

Last edited:
I've been saying that for a while. I like his speed, don't like the way he acts as if he "owns" the place and his lame excuses (today is one and the old thing vs Hamilton saying he didn't do anything, and many more from GP2 times)

Last race confirmed his speed, didn't automatically make him a all round good driver...

About GP3 crash... Who cares about how many moves he did, a guy with no rear wing can't go around trying to hold the world behind him. That's plain stupid.
the similarity between Surranovich and Maldonado? Old money sponsorships from Commie countries. With patrons like that they have no choice but to have a mentality that dictates(no pun intended) that the westerners are the enemy(out to get you). So you push your line and disregard everyone else.

Probably quiet a controversial thing to say, but as a russian-american myself i do think i have a decent insight into this mentality.

scaledphptn0server878fip.jpg

:D

they should just make a random lottery starting list for drivers because im starting to get annoyed with the whole " if you qualify 1st your most likely the winner of the race" concept that is formula 1.

corporatesteve
they should just make a random lottery starting list for drivers because im starting to get annoyed with the whole " if you qualify 1st your most likely the winner of the race" concept that is formula 1.

Lolwut. That's the whole point of qualifying. It's only really here and Valencia that are almost always won by the pole sitter and even then a Rosberg win wasn't totally impossible.

Longest sentence of the year.

If you qualify first doesn't that mean you have if not the quickest car of that F1 weekend?(again usually).

I wouldn't mind them doing to thing like BTCC. Where one driver gets to swap with someone from 1-5th place. I don't remember the full system but it would give a chance for someone like perez to start 3rd, 2nd or even on pole.

Any more on the Redbull floor?

Well, how dare the fastest car win a race.

Decision on the Red Bull floor is suppose to be announced tomorrow.

Thanks 👍

To be honest I'd prefer they were kept in the race. Even though I'm a McLaren supporter and it would help Lewis a whole bunch I like the streak we have going. If the Redbulls are DQ'ed then Rosberg will break the streak :grumpy:

The Red Bulls are keeping the Monaco win. The other teams said they arent protesting the Monaco result because it would look like they were being bad losers.
They are seeking clarification on whether it is legal(in other words Red Bull will now have to show everyone exactly what they did and were thinking so everyone else knows how to do it....). that decision wont effect the Monaco result if i understand correctly..

Back