2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 149,599 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is a DL trequartista??

And Moyes signed some fantastic players for peanuts at Everton..
 
Deep Lying Playmaker. Similar to what SAF did to Anderson. Moyes did indeed sign few good players, Im not denying that but he lacks the knowledge of forwards. This is not his everton but United instead. As a United supporter this saddens me alot.
 
So I like to support alot of big clubs (no chelsea is not a big club yet), dosent prove Im an bandwagoner. I grew up watching Madrid and EPLs big sides.
 
The Flex
So I like to support alot of big clubs (no chelsea is not a big club yet), dosent prove Im an bandwagoner. I grew up watching Madrid and EPLs big sides.

Uh, what?

Edit: did you somehow miss the part where they've won multiple EPL titles, multiple FA Cups, and the Champions League in the last 10 years, plus finishing in the top 4 almost every year...?

What is a big club in your definition, exactly?
 
The definition of big club:

1. Large base of fans
2. Good amount of trophies
3. History
4. Great players


As of now Chelsea is still relatively a new club as it was reborn by thanks to Abra exactly 10 years ago.
 
The Flex
The definition of big club:

1. Large base of fans
2. Good amount of trophies
3. History
4. Great players

As of now Chelsea is still relatively a new club as it was reborn by thanks to Abra exactly 10 years ago.

And Chelsea have 3 of those 4. Arguably all 4, since they're now 10 years past their first success and still going strong. Sure, 10 years of history isn't as much as Real Madrid or Liverpool have, but its a fair bit more than most clubs have.
 
Incredibly bad logic I have to witness here. You dont get to be a big club because of 10 years of rise. History is being compared by decades, of the 50s, 60s, 70s. Whats Chelseas history to golden eras of Madrid of the 50s, Liverpool and Bayern of 70s and so worth. As of fanbase, trust me Chelseas international reach is not that good infact Arsenal has more fans in world wide but the only thing Arsenal has to show is by being 8 years of dry and counting, yet atleast they have some sort of pedigree concerning the trophy cabinet. About great players then, I never disagreed about that part, however Chelsea as a football club does not have a "player pull" as compared to the likes of Munich, Barca, United, Madrid etc. Oftenly enough you see players joining Chelsea because of the need to rise their annual salary. One thing more that Big clubs oftenly display as such are their style, gameplan, philosophy to the game and so on. Chelsea as a brand on the pitch or you might think of attractive football does have a black hole in it. 10 years has past for them but yet at times I still have to witness constant hoofing, endless midfield battles that as such makes the games dull and fails to defy their attitude to the game.
 
So by your logic then no club can be a 'big club' until they've been successful for like 40 years...?

And Chelsea's global fanbase is fine. Its not Barca or United, but it's a sight bigger than Everton or even Spurs.
 
Its not about the years, but the consistency to compete to what stages where'll be the domestic or international stage.
 
Last edited:
So consistency makes a big club? By that logic not one club in the Premier League, maybe bar Arsenal is a big club, every one else has had dry spells of over 20 years.
 
Everyone sets their own standards when it comes to comparing sides. Disagreements are fine infact they help the discussion, but the logic in football applies to everyone. You might wanna google that.
 
If a side is good enough to beat the best teams in the world for the last 5-10 years and have a trophy cabinet to back it up then that enough for me to consider them a big team.
 
Chelsea owes its debts to Abra ofcourse. He treating his club like its his personal playground has set a worldwide phenomenon.
 
Since you 'support' so many teams the Flex, I have now realised that you don't actually support anyone, your just a football fan...there's nothing wrong with that, im just saying...
 
Flex, just stop digging a bigger hole. You are contradicting yourself so much.

Now, let's get back to the football. Hopefully, Moyes will be able to get Alcantara. He has massive potential and is still only 20(?). I see him being another Cristiano.
 
My definition of Big Clubs must be different than everyone lol. I consider teams that have had spells in the top flight of each country to be a big club.
 
Napoli say that City wont meet the £54 million buy-out clause in Cavani's contract...I find that hard to believe!
 
Napoli say that City wont meet the £54 million buy-out clause in Cavani's contract...I find that hard to believe!

City will pay whatever someone asks. That's if the last 4 or so years are anything to go by.
 
City could probably stretch into the hundreds of millions if they really wanted to, for a player like Messi or something. So £54m to them isn't actually that much.


Edit: Maybe not, they have refused to meet the asking price.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23011033
 
Last edited:
Liverpool complete signing of striker Luis Alberto...
 
NEYMAR-DANCE-2.gif


I think he's got what it takes...
 
Gus Poyet sacked from Brighton while he was a pundit on the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23022212

Before, I had no opinion on Brighton or Poyet, but after last night I now dislike Brighton and don't really care what Poyet has done in order to be suspended and sacked. Poyet had a contract up to 2016 but just failed on promotion this year so I think Brighton are just trying to get out of it, but to sack someone while he's live on the TV and can't really do much about it, is just ridiculous.
 
Gus Poyet sacked from Brighton while he was a pundit on the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23022212

Before, I had no opinion on Brighton or Poyet, but after last night I now dislike Brighton and don't really care what Poyet has done in order to be suspended and sacked. Poyet had a contract up to 2016 but just failed on promotion this year so I think Brighton are just trying to get out of it, but to sack someone while he's live on the TV and can't really do much about it, is just ridiculous.

Totally agree, yet another club behaving way out line. 👎

Yet in spite of this there will be a queue of managers wanting to take his place, that's how clubs get away with this sort of behaviour.:crazy:
 
BBC :lol:
 
I thought you were going to say you're a Brighton supporter.

Or are you a fan of the BBC?

:p
:lol: Good one.

Extremely harsh by Brighton. He stayed professional when he heard the news though. That is way out of order by Brighton though. If you're going to sack him, at least don't do it when he's live on national television. I don't know what the viewing figures were for that game but pretty high I guess as it was the BBC.
 
He was suspended though wasn't he, after they got beat by Palace in the playoff, so I don't know what happened there?

Anyway he did a great job for them and whenever there's a premier league managerial vacancy, his name will be mentioned...
 
I thought you were going to say you're a Brighton supporter.

Or are you a fan of the BBC?

:p
Why should I support Brighton? Dosent make any sense at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back