2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would depend on what you (or anyone) would accept as acceptable reasons to follow a team. Like when someone says a "real" fan is one who supports his home town team (How people define this is also debatable sometimes). Fine if someone supports them because they are proud of where they come from but as soon as people do it because that's what you are supposed to do or because someone told them to do it, or because their parents support that team then that it is also a bit "plastic" don't you think. :sly:

If I had a set of rules that determine if someone is a real fan or not what makes me right or gives me the right to push my rules on someone else. ;)

I was a bit like that when i started supporting them, you know the whole " oh look who's playing it's that team my relatives support , GO THAT TEAM." but after a few weeks, i read up on there history and it really fascinated me and then i became more interested about them until now, where nothing could change me supporting them.

So just to let you guys know that I've started a thread on this years confederations cup, which starts on Saturday night....

So just to let you guys know that I've started a thread on this years confederations cup, which starts on Saturday night....
I must have missed that. Seen it now. Shame I can't watch a lot of it because of exams :(

Weimann signs new contact at Villa, i bet there's a lot of Villa fans that are happy with that!

He wont go to jail lol. Tax evation is okay as long you dont get caught or pay the fees. Rich people do it all the time, france for example.

He wont go to jail lol. Tax evation is okay as long you dont get caught or pay the fees. Rich people do it all the time, france for example.

He'll donate some money to charity and it'll be washed over.

We don't know if it even was Messi tbf. It could have been his accountant either.
He'll donate some money to charity and it'll be washed over.
Agreed

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't he just pay it? im sure he's got more than 4 million in the bank!

Too early, for now its an cold fact or allegation. His not obliged to lift a finger given a moment. It could have been his accountant or whoever is in charge of signing the check books.

Im a Madrid fan so its only natural for a rival fan to point with a finger here, but no instead Im defending him. Thats how its done.

What do Utd fans think of City fans I wonder (by that I dont question their support for the clubs, as I could not care any less)...I might add that City fans are actually quite intelligent and oftenly enough know alot about football. According to Bluemoon ofc. One of my fav. places alongside with Redcafe at times. Sure theres a few bad apples in the bunch but everyone has those.

Last edited:
Knew it was only a matter of time.

1011392_657237980983088_2069045954_n.jpg

Andre Schürrle has officially signed for Chelsea Football Club. Good talent but, with Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Piazon, and De Bruyne we really didn't need him if you ask me.

We already lost the race for Falcao. We must focus on Cavani. The board needs to realize Torres won't be easily sold and just pay the 53 million buyout clause for Cavani NOW, before Real Madrid get their hands on him first.

If Chelsea don't get Cavani, I think Jovetic, Gomez, or Lewandowski are our last options really.

Andre Schürrle has officially signed for Chelsea Football Club. Good talent but, with Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Piazon, and De Bruyne we really didn't need him if you ask me.

We already lost the race for Falcao. We must focus on Cavani. The board needs to realize Torres won't be easily sold and just pay the 53 million buyout clause for Cavani NOW, before Real Madrid get their hands on him first.

If Chelsea don't get Cavani, I think Jovetic, Gomez, or Lewandowski are our last options really.

Yep, seems a lot of money too although that's the case with most transfers these days. The clubs have money to burn obviously. I would of thought they would have spent money on a big name striker first, the same could be said of Man City too.

Doesn't Schurrle play wing and striker though? If he does, then Chelsea doesn't need to splash out a lot of cash.

Doesn't Schurrle play wing and striker though? If he does, then Chelsea doesn't need to splash out a lot of cash.

I think so, more of a winger though. Then again I'm no expert on leagues outside England anymore, I don't watch them like I used too.:guilty:

Chelsea can manage without another striker, Lukaku and maybe Ba are good enough to become sole strikers, supported by a number of Chelsea's attacking midfielders. I know next to nothing about Schürrle, but according to wikipedia, he can play up front?

I'm very interested to see how Mourinho incorporates Torres. I don't think he's particularly keen on him, although will he have the resolve to keep him on the bench?

Chelsea are pretty much fine now, maybe they could do with another centre back, but it certainly isn't essential.

Chelsea can manage without another striker, Lukaku and maybe Ba are good enough to become sole strikers, supported by a number of Chelsea's attacking midfielders. I know next to nothing about Schürrle, but according to wikipedia, he can play up front?

I'm very interested to see how Mourinho incorporates Torres. I don't think he's particularly keen on him, although will he have the resolve to keep him on the bench?

Chelsea are pretty much fine now, maybe they could do with another centre back, but it certainly isn't essential.

Will they give Lukaku a chance though? I'm not sure, I would but that does not mean they will, especially if they can spend some more money on a big name striker. Rumours are they are going to sell Ba too which would be a bit strange but not that unlikely as this is Chelsea.

Will they give Lukaku a chance though? I'm not sure, I would but that does not mean they will, especially if they can spend some more money on a big name striker. Rumours are they are going to sell Ba too which would be a bit strange but not that unlikely as this is Chelsea.

Idk, but I really hope they do. Considering his style of play is very similar to Drogba, Mourinho may give him a chance.

Ba was fairly good value, but if they do sign another top name striker, he'l be lucky to make the bench. Perhaps it's best he moves on if that happens.

Pellegrini is officially the new City boss, he's signed a three year deal

...also it looks like Owen Coyle will be the new Wigan manager..

Yeah hes a Belgian international, been playing for Sunderland last few years and he had a terrific season last season, I don't know his age but I think he is quite young (mid 20s I think)

Theres a lot of rumours linking Reina to replace Valdes at Barca, so Mingolet would be a good move...

Never heard of him?
He started in goal in almost every game last year for his current club, and he had some really good performances too. But he doesn't play for a glory team so I guess it follows that you don't know him.

You're pretty opinionated for someone who only knows the biggest clubs/players...

Edit: tree'd

Last edited:
Reina in for Valdes. My sides, barca is clueless as ever in transfer markets.

I think Neymar, Jordi Alba, Fabregas to name a few would disagree, though obviously Song didn't achieve much playing there last season. Reina is a like for like Spanish replacement for Valdes.

Jordi Alba one was a desperate one. 1 year on the contract, yet Barca bought him for 15mil. He has yet to settle in for Barca and his defensive qualities are mediocre at best. You cant have 2 offensive FBs with no defensive approach, considering Alves has been 🤬 this year too. Fabregas has been a bench player ever since he was brought in and Neymar is yet to prove his worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet to settle, but is first choice left back, played most of the season? Doesn't match, besides, Barcelona win by scoring goals and keeping the ball, not defending, you just had to see the Bayern semi-finals to see that's a whole team problem. Fabregas is just evidence of the strength of the Barcelona midfield if he can't get many games, not of poor transfers. Neymar would be a great acquisition for many European clubs, and once again is not evidence of poor buying, given his track record in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back