2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 149,888 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Moyes loses first game in charge, United lost to a Singha select XI in Bangkok earlier 👎
I watched that match on MUTV. At least Januzaj and Zaha were impressive. The same can't be said for Welbeck, he had a shocker.
 
That's exactly what I heard, I didn't watch it but I got updates on twitter, we play the Australian A-League allstars next in Sydney and RVP has flown out to start his pre-season preparations
 
City just lost 2-0 too. A pre-season game is no big deal. Just time to play a few risky line ups to see how it plays out.
 
Arsenal just hammered an Indonsian XI 7-0...and Liverpool beat Preston 4-0 yesterday...
 
Arsenal just hammered an Indonsian XI 7-0...and Liverpool beat Preston 4-0 yesterday...

So Liverpool just recorded their whole seasons highest score. :lol: :sly:
 
:lol::lol:
 
So Liverpool just recorded their whole seasons highest score. :lol: :sly:


:grumpy:

I'm so outnumbered here.

Well what do you know...


Bayern and Barca agree on 20 mill euro deal for Thiago... -.-

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2013/43682.php

Hopefully Bayern will make it easier for Liverpool to sign Shaqiri then. So far this week, Liverpool has been after the Ajax duo of Eriksen and Alderweireld, Atletico Mineiro midfielder Bernard, and Chelsea left back Ryan Bertrand.
 
That's exactly what I heard, I didn't watch it but I got updates on twitter, we play the Australian A-League allstars next in Sydney and RVP has flown out to start his pre-season preparations
Don't forget De Gea as well :)

So Liverpool just recorded their whole seasons highest score. :lol: :sly:
Haha :lol::lol:

Well what do you know...


Bayern and Barca agree on 20 mill euro deal for Thiago... -.-

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/aktuell/news/2013/43682.php
Yet another player snatched from under our noses. Shame. The most he'll do at Bayern is sit on the bench for most of the season and thus miss the world cup. :indiff:
 
Yet another player snatched from under our noses. Shame. The most he'll do at Bayern is sit on the bench for most of the season and thus miss the world cup. :indiff:
Yep. Exactly.


Why not come to United where you are guaranteed time on the pitch?
 
Yep. Exactly.


Why not come to United where you are guaranteed time on the pitch?
Money I guess. With Thiago going to Bayern, it might be time to focus on bringing Ronaldo home. Anyone agree?
 
I'm pretty sure Ronaldo said he wouldn't be back "in the near future."
 
Money I guess. With Thiago going to Bayern, it might be time to focus on bringing Ronaldo home. Anyone agree?

far from money whatever money he's making in germany hell be subject to 40% tax IIRC
 
Money I guess. With Thiago going to Bayern, it might be time to focus on bringing Ronaldo home. Anyone agree?
Would love for Ronaldo to return, but I doubt it'll be any time soon. :indiff:
 
Would love for Ronaldo to return, but I doubt it'll be any time soon. :indiff:
If he does return, he'll get a fantastic reception as you can still here the song of "Viva Ronaldo" being sung in Old Trafford. It could be next year as that's when his contract with Madrid is up. Then he'll be free.
 
If he does return, he'll get a fantastic reception as you can still here the song of "Viva Ronaldo" being sung in Old Trafford. It could be next year as that's when his contract with Madrid is up. Then he'll be free.
Hopefully....!


Ronaldo is always welcome at Old Trafford! And it would be perfect to have him back in the red devil shirt.
 
Hopefully....!


Ronaldo is always welcome at Old Trafford! And it would be perfect to have him back in the red devil shirt.

There's a great YouTube channel called FullTimeDEVILS that talk about transfer rumours and other things including Ronaldo if you want to check it out :)
 
Yep. Exactly.


Why not come to United where you are guaranteed time on the pitch?

What guarantee? Kagawa deserves a spot in the team before Thiago. And Kagawa is already benched for at least half of the games.
 
What guarantee? Kagawa deserves a spot in the team before Thiago. And Kagawa is already benched for at least half of the games.
He would get more play time at United than Bayern is what he's trying to get at I think. I think Moyes will play a 4-1-4-1 next season with Carrick in the CDM position freeing up space for Thiago (if he hadn't joined Bayern) and Kagawa in CAM.
 
Why does it seem like everybody is switching to the 4-1-4-1. I swear soon it's going to be like the 4-2-3-1 false 9 never even existed. Can somebody explain it to me, because when I go over it in my head, it just seems like there's too much going on in the midfield.:boggled:
 
Why does it seem like everybody is switching to the 4-1-4-1. I swear soon it's going to be like the 4-2-3-1 false 9 never even existed. Can somebody explain it to me, because when I go over it in my head, it just seems like there's too much going on in the midfield.:boggled:

There isn't a 4141 anyway, it's just a 451 one with very little difference and the idea is to pack the midfield to make it hard to play against and to try and counter attack using the wide players.

Everyone assumes, probably correctly, that Moyes will play the same tight game he did at Everton but maybe he'll shock us all and use something completely different.

Ideally you shouldn't stick to one formation but change it each game and during the game to exploit potential weaknesses but our 100k+ a week players simply can't adapt well enough. :crazy: That's why most managers take the easy route and use 451, 4231 or 4411. :indiff:
 
I don't know about in real life but, I always liked the 4321 or 433 in games like FIFA. Always gave me a solid feeling everywhere on the pitch.
 
Looks like Man United have made a £25 million bid for Fabregas, id be happy if he joined 👍
 
I wouldn't.

He needs to go to Arsenal. If Arsene doesn't move heaven and earth to get him, I will be seriously annoyed.
 
Looks like Man United have made a £25 million bid for Fabregas, id be happy if he joined 👍
I don't know, he's getting on a bit now but I guess beggers can't be choosers.

Anyway, if anyone wants to create a Fantasy Premier League thread as the picks for next season have started here
 
Came across this gem on the LFC forums, I thought some of you might like it.
LFC Forums
Suarez is ambitious

He feels that being suspended for Champions League matches is the next stage of his career development.
:lol:
 
Looks like Chelsea have missed out on yet another #9. Cavan officially at PSG. Bad move if you ask me. Ligue 1 lacks a solid league and he will be playing second to Zlatan. I really expected him to go with Real Madrid after I had heard they were interested.

Wonder who Chelsea will try to get now? I know Lukaku should be fine but, Ba and Torres aren't reliable enough to me. I wouldn't mind Rooney, despite him being incredibly overrated, he is a much better option than what we have now. I know that Mourinho has stated that he is fond of him. And I know that Rooney wants to start playing more of a CF/CAM role but, I think he will still play as a Striker if asked.

Suarez will hopefully be a rumour only. And Lewandowski won't fit into the Chelsea style/Dortmund won't let go of him yet.
 
Rooney has apparently released a statement saying that he is very angry and confused with the way he feels he's been treated at the club atm and he feels he has nothing to prove at the club and is more than a squad player that sits on the bench, he stopped short of handing in a transfer request though

The thing about him being a bench player is just what the media said over the weekend and theres NO indication that he will be..
 
Cristian Cebellos gets to play tonight with a Spurs squad that has quite a good number of first team players, excited about that, I think he has real potential.
 
Rooney 2011- 'sign better players or ill leave'

Rooney 2013- 'the better players are keeping me out of the team so ill leave'


Umm....what??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back