2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 149,910 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney 2011- 'sign better players or ill leave'

Rooney 2013- 'the better players are keeping me out of the team so ill leave'

Umm....what??

Yeah, Mr Rooney, the door is over there, please don't let it hit you on the way out, Moysey just had them fitted.
 
I've always been a huge fan of his and back in 2011 I would've been devastated if he left but now im not bothered, he has to go because I dread to think what the fans reaction would be!

David Moyes has said that they are closing in on a transfer, that's got to be Fabregas surely! unless they have been working on something away from the media..
 
I've always been a huge fan of his and back in 2011 I would've been devastated if he left but now im not bothered, he has to go because I dread to think what the fans reaction would be!

David Moyes has said that they are closing in on a transfer, that's got to be Fabregas surely! unless they have been working on something away from the media..
I'm wondering whether it could be Lewandowski as that seems to have died down at the moment. Although I doubt BVB will want to lose any more of their players.
 
I dont think it's either to be honest. Cesc said he won't play in England for a club other than Arsenal, and Klopp said he won't let Lewandowski go yet unless it's for a huge amount of money. I can't see Klopp letting another player go yet either. Gotze went for far to cheap if you ask me. Kagawa was the same way. I know over 30 Mil is a high price for a CAM but, Kagawa was Bundesliga player of the year for 2 years in a row (Much like Hazard was Ligue 1 player of the year 2 years in a row and he went in the 40 Mil I think), and Gotze is probably going to get close to current Bale level or higher in his career. Warrants a much higher price if you ask me.
 
Gotze will be better than Neymar I'd say.

Actually we should have a thread for comparing footballers.

But yeah, IMO, Gotze will be better than Neymar.
 
Just an hour ago Olimpia from Paraguay beated Atletico Mineiro of Ronaldinho 2-0 in the first final of the Copa Libertadores.
Im kinda sad i want Dinho to win the cup, and with that he will achieve all the biggest trophies of football.
WC, Confederations, copa america, Libertadores and Champions League.

I hope that the next wednesday he can take his team to the glory in.Brasil.
 
And AS Money-co continues to spend big, splashing out on Hulk this time. To any Chelsea fans out there, does this surprise you? I know in the beginning of the window there were a lot of sources linking Hulk to Chelsea, but I haven't heard of them actively pursuing him since.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/17/chels...t-hulk-joins-monaco-3886950/?ITO=news-sitemap

Meanwhile, Roma is getting work done. First, they sign Maicon, from Manchester City, and then get an agreed fee for PSV Eindhoven's Kevin Strootman.
 
Last edited:
So this transfer that Moyes said United are closing in on, well there's no more news on that today...but on the back page of the Mirror today says they are going to make a £60 million bid for Bale...
 
Lots of rumours concerning Rooney, the Sun said that he definitely wants a transfer, wants £200,000 a week with a £24 million transfer fee and a 5 year contract.

Man City have confirmed their latest signings, Stevan Jovetic for £22m, and Negredo for £20m, which brings their total spending so far to £90m! I wonder what they are going to do with 4 strikers though, Aguero, Dzeko (or has he left?) and now Jovetic and Negredo.
 
What's the buy out clause for Thiago?
 
Since his market value is around €40 million, I would guess the buyout clause is around €45-50 million, but I haven't been able to find any solid info about it.
 
No solid info here either, but I'd say higher because PSG paid 42 million euros, I'd say something like 60 million.
 
Seems like PSG are getting scared that Thiago would accept the offer and are trying to scare Barca with a Messi bid. Even if PSG did trigger Messi's transfer clause then he would never agree to join them. Messi is Barca's Ryan Giggs.
 
So this transfer that Moyes said United are closing in on, well there's no more news on that today...but on the back page of the Mirror today says they are going to make a £60 million bid for Bale...
Well Giggs plays in that position but he's already agreed with the back room roll now. Perhaps that was for a Bale arrival ?
Seems like PSG are getting scared that Thiago would accept the offer and are trying to scare Barca with a Messi bid. Even if PSG did trigger Messi's transfer clause then he would never agree to join them. Messi is Barca's Ryan Giggs.
Bid a billion pounds if they want. Messi has always said he will stay with Barca because they paid for all his growth hormone treatments when he was younger. Shame more players can't be as loyal to teams.
 
Jovetic has signed just yet though...dont think he's had a medical yet?

So Benteke has withdrawn his Transfer request and signed a new £60k a week contract, what made him change his mind?
 
Last edited:
Impressive match by United today.

Lingard was especially great. Scored 2 goals and an assist.

Welbeck also scored 2 goals. :dunce:
 
Yeah, it was a decent match, I missed the first half as I didn't know it was on but certainly in the second half, it was an impressive performance.
 
Impressive attendance as well, over 83 thousand just for a friendly!

United have made a bigger bid for Fabregas, £30 million plus add-ons according to Sky Sports News...
 
Last edited:
we played hamburg today won 4-0 thiago was responsible for an amazing goal
 
Swansea just beat Exeter 2-0...
 
They beat a lower league team in a friendly, hardly as a result of a good squad being built.:lol:

Although I do like how Gala played Drogba and Schneider and Madrid had Ronaldo against small League 1 teams in friendly's, total overkill.:lol:
 
They beat a lower league team in a friendly, hardly as a result of a good squad being built.:lol:

Although I do like how Gala played Drogba and Schneider and Madrid had Ronaldo against small League 1 teams in friendly's, total overkill.:lol:

At nearly £60 a ticket Madrid kind of had to play their stars, it was even part of the deal I think. ;)
 
So I know everyone is missing football but there's a few pre-season friendly tournaments on this week, one of them Sky is showing which is the Barclays Asia Trophy which starts Wednesday, there's three PL teams involved and the matches are Spurs-Sunderland and Man City-South China on from 10.30 am...
 
So United have made an improved £30 million bid for Fabregas but have been told categorically that he isn't for sale. Yet another one that we'll miss out on.
 
Im starting to get a bit anxious about the lack of signings this season, some of you guys might say that we don't need to strengthen but look at the players City and Chelsea have signed....we need to make some signings!
 
Im starting to get a bit anxious about the lack of signings this season, some of you guys might say that we don't need to strengthen but look at the players City and Chelsea have signed....we need to make some signings!
I'm with you on that. Especially with all the big signings that City have made like Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho etc. We have "that fella Varela" but that's about it. Maybe we might get Baines or Fellaini? We really need a big name though like Ronaldo, Bale or Modric.
 
Utd need to get rid of Rooney, never mind buying all these players who aren't going to move.
 
I'm with you on that. Especially with all the big signings that City have made like Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho etc. We have "that fella Varela" but that's about it. Maybe we might get Baines or Fellaini? We really need a big name though like Ronaldo, Bale or Modric.

Ronaldo is very unlikely going to return to Man Utd, at least whe he is still in contract with Real Madrid, so is Bale. Real Madrid is going to sell Higuain, Coentrao and possibly Di Maria. They sold Albiol and Callejon, recived a franction of Negredo's deal and possibly a fraction of Garay's deal, which is pointed as replacement for Vidic in Man Utd, and with all this money arrange a €100M offer for Bale. And Modric doesn't seem to be on the move.
But Man Utd offered €29M for Fabregas and it was refused, but Moyes did a second try, but the results are unknown.

Utd need to get rid of Rooney, never mind buying all these players who aren't going to move.

And indeen he is on the move. Chelsea offered £40M, or something near that, from what I read today here in Portugal

So is Kagwa. He said in Japan that he had made a bad season in Man Utd and he wants to return to Dortmund where he came from.

This year Premier League will be a 3-way fight. The Manchesters seem weakend by manager changes, but Chelsea will offer a pretty good fight although it went trough a manager change as well. Don't rule out Tottenham though.They won't go for the championship but for the top-3 and surprises may come.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back