2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 148,878 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish people would leave him alone.

Balotelli? I love him. He's kind of grown up at Milan. Fingers crossed he goes back to his old ways though, way more interesting when he was crazy.
 
Yeah itwas funny and to be honest i hope he kind of does too, football needs someone like that. but the constant hate he was getting was rediculious. I saw a picture and it was something he said that really made me feel sorry for him, but i have always loved him and thought he is a great talent.

is said: I am a naturalised Italian but I am from Ghana. I was abandoned by my parents and adopted by two angels. I am the first black to wear the jersey of Italy. I am not angry but my life experiences cause me to act differently to other people. Try yo learn more before you criticise me!
 
Fabio Liverani beat him to the first black Italian national team player by nearly a decade.
 
A few interesting stories on the back page of my mirror today...Spurs swapping Defoe for Benteke (plus cash), Evra going back to Monaco and Carroll demanding £100k a week at West Ham!
 
Fulham sign Stekelenburg. Excellent signing for them, how the hell did they pull that off?

A few interesting stories on the back page of my mirror today...Spurs swapping Defoe for Benteke (plus cash), Evra going back to Monaco and Carroll demanding £100k a week at West Ham!

I saw on the back of someone's newspaper that Baines might be going to United for £10 million, which would also be an excellent signing.

City seem to be going their proffered route of signing decent, but not outstanding, players which I fear may lead to yet another turbulent season.
 
The Baines move would work if Evra does move..

...Stekelenberg is a great signing for Fulham and it means they have 3 top class keepers now!
 
I really hope United goes for Baines.

No offense to Evra, but he is not good enough anymore.
 
Talk of Baines to Man Utd on the day that the new Everton boss is told that the board are aiming for Champions League football?? Oh dear.
 
Baines a clown tbh. Monreal is better fit. Better, yet Coentrao as hes set to leave RM. Has been solid FB for the past 2 years. Wont cost much either.
 
fry.PNG
 
Baines a clown tbh. Monreal is better fit. Better, yet Coentrao as hes set to leave RM. Has been solid FB for the past 2 years. Wont cost much either.
You have to be kidding right? Baines is better than Coentrao and Monreal. Plus those 2 are way more expensive and Baines suits United's play style of the full backs going forward.
 
Baines better than those 2 on what basis? Are you judging him due to his defensive capabilities by covering his flank, 1v1 duels, marking, tackling, or off the ball intelligence? You should not judge FBs by how good they are offensively, hence this is Moyes in the charge now and I doubt he will use 2 of the fbs in the offensive positon much. One of the Fbs will likely stay behind otherwise Utd would be very vulnreable when it comes to counter attacks.
As for Coentrao, hes young, peak of his career and needs to settle down in a big club. He might not be Marcelo level of offensively but he knows the basic concept of going forward. As for price Madrid would sell him for 15m£.
 
Aston Villa must be trolling. There's no way anyone would ever consider 40m for Benteke. Why such a huge fuss over him anyway? He's only really had one above average season.
 
The Flex...i have to say that this thread is going to be a lot of fun this year with you on board! :lol:
 
Typical english tabloids trying to make a player look better than he really is by writing some delusional numbers. Hes a scrub tbh.
 
The Baines move would work if Evra does move..

...Stekelenberg is a great signing for Fulham and it means they have 3 top class keepers now!

Schwarzer is still the best.
 
The Flex...i have to say that this thread is going to be a lot of fun this year with you on board! :lol:
+1 :lol:
Typical english tabloids trying to make a player look better than he really is by writing some delusional numbers. Hes a scrub tbh.
Have you actually watched him (I assume you're talking about Benteke) play...?
 
Last edited:
Aston Villa must be trolling. There's no way anyone would ever consider 40m for Benteke. Why such a huge fuss over him anyway? He's only really had one above average season.

I wouldn't pay it but some dumb club will probably offer 25 million at least now, which is probably what Villa are after.
 
The Flex...i have to say that this thread is going to be a lot of fun this year with you on board! :lol:

More like lots of angry people lol

+1 :lol:

Have you actually watched him (I assume you're talking about Benteke) play...?

I think he's talking about Baines.

I'll give my thought on Baines. You want to talk about World Class Full Backs, guys like; Lahm, Cole, and Ramos come to mind. Baines is right up there in my books, he plays a very attacking role (Has an insane free kick), which is common to the way the far superior play of Munchen and Dortmund this year. And yes, I did leave out Dani Alves, I think he's trash.

BBC have stated that Chelsea want Hulk. Mixed feelings on this. I'd rather them keep Oscar, Hazard, Mata as starters. Sell Moses because he's garbage, and play Piazon because he is the future.

*edit*

Marko Marin and Kevin De Bruyne are hopefully not going to be sold either. De Bruyne played really well in his CAM role at Werder Bremen.
 
Last edited:
Next season's league table.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Spurs/Liverpool :sly:
5. Liverpool/Spurs
6. Arsenal
 
It's too early for predictions yet. :sly: Although my top six will still likely contain the same teams as everyone else when it's time.:lol:
 
I'll give my predictions.

1st - Chelsea (Best ATT Mid in the League with Mourinho. Good luck to the rest)
2nd - Arsenal
3rd - Tottenham/Man City (Only if Bale stayes)
4th - United
5th - Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City (If Bale Leaves then Tottenham will be here. If he doesn't, then City will be here. Liverpool is tough. I think Sturridge has it in him to score big goals like Suarez when Suarez will inevitably leave)
 
Liverpool for Champions league? You must be joking!

Or a known Liverpool supporter :sly:

I don't think Chelsea will win straight off, but will challenge for first along with United and City. Then Tottenham should be fighting Arsenal for 4th if they hang onto Bale, and Arsenal actually sign some decent players, instead of also-rans. Everton should be near the Europa league spot, but then I suspect they'll be a slight gap to everyone else.

Newcastle and Sunderland in the hunt for the bottom three, not sure if Crystal Palace will stay up losing the talents of Zaha, though if they keep Kevin Philips that would be a bonus. Cardiff should be okay, but not sure if Hull will.

All this speculation will of course be proved wrong in 11 months time :lol:
 
Last edited:
Liverpool for Champions league? You must be joking!

Or a known Liverpool supporter :sly:

Life is an awfully dull experience without any optimism :D
 
Life is an awfully dull experience without any optimism :D

No ones predictions will be without some sort of bias, anyone who says otherwise is wrong and/or lying. :sly:

The trick is to balance it a bit with a dose of reality and your predictions are not too bad, it's not like you are saying Liverpool will win the league or anything silly like that. ;)
 
I sincerely hope Palace are relegated without a win and having entered administration.
 
More like lots of angry people lol



I think he's talking about Baines.

I'll give my thought on Baines. You want to talk about World Class Full Backs, guys like; Lahm, Cole, and Ramos come to mind. Baines is right up there in my books, he plays a very attacking role (Has an insane free kick), which is common to the way the far superior play of Munchen and Dortmund this year. And yes, I did leave out Dani Alves, I think he's trash.

BBC have stated that Chelsea want Hulk. Mixed feelings on this. I'd rather them keep Oscar, Hazard, Mata as starters. Sell Moses because he's garbage, and play Piazon because he is the future.

*edit*

Marko Marin and Kevin De Bruyne are hopefully not going to be sold either. De Bruyne played really well in his CAM role at Werder Bremen.
Sorry to burst your buble but Ramos is not a fb anymore, nor he ever was a world class at it. His positioning has always been far to haphazard, reckless challenges, composure, inconsistency etc. Now that he plays as a CB he still has his dignity I guess. He was brought into Madrid as a raw talent but ever since he still has not matured. Varane is twice as good as Ramos btw.
 
I sincerely hope Palace are relegated without a win and having entered administration.

Why is this?

My predictions

1st Chelsea
2nd Man United
3rd Arsenal
4thLiverpool (call me crazy)
5th Man City
6th Spurs (if Bale leaves)


18th Hull
19th Stoke
20th Palace
 
I utterly detest them.
 
I utterly detest them.

I'm curious as to why this is.

But I am a big fan of Ian Holloway. Amongst his humour, his moments of serious candor are very refreshing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back