2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
MUFC have also let Macheda go. Don't think I've gone so AWOL over a goal since that Villa game in '08, maybe other than Owens vs City in the 4-3.......

David Luiz is now the most expensive defender in history... even though he can't defend....

Jesus Christ! What has he done for Chelsea the past few seasons? Jack 🤬. And all of a sudden he's somehow worth £50m for them?
Look where he has gone - the French version of Chelsea 8 years ago when they were throwing silly money at anything that moved.

Spurs fans cheer wildly.

Never seen one goalkeeper spill so many balls.

/Taibi

Chelsea gain 50 odd million and get rid of a LB whilst pursuing Luke Shaw.

Man Utd resign their LB whilst pursuing Luke Shaw.

I think we all know where Shaw is going.....

Championship Play-Off Final

Champions League Final

I am looking forward to this weekend of football.

Championship Play-Off Final

Champions League Final

I am looking forward to this weekend of football.
The biggest single one-match prize in world sports...

And some poxy kickabout between two Spanish teams.

The biggest single one-match prize in world sports...

And some poxy kickabout between two Spanish teams.

I've said it a lot and I'll say it again, I absolutely love the Championship. The most interesting and best league to watch in my opinion. And while I detest play-offs, the £90 million game is quite special.

FAO: Everyone

Joey Barton will appear on Question Time next week on the same edition with Piers Morgan.

Do. Not. Miss.

Joey Barton will appear on Question Time next week on the same edition with Piers Morgan.

Do. Not. Miss.

I will have to miss that, televisions aren't cheap to replace after putting a boot through them.

Do. Not. Miss.

Normally question time is my idea of hell, but that is a recipe for greatness.

First of all I want to say Congratulations to QPR, I didn't see the game as I was at work this afternoon but I did tape it and will give it a watch after the CL final, I like 'Arry Redknapp and I hope he stays on for next season

Secondly, I'm just as speechless as you guys are over the Luiz-PSG move, before he became the most expensive defender in the world that title belong to Thiago Silva who also joined PSG for 35 million, now I think Silva is a world class defender who is worth that amount of money, but can someone please explain to me how Luiz is 15 million times better than he is?!

Secondly, I'm just as speechless as you guys are over the Luiz-PSG move, before he became the most expensive defender in the world that title belong to Thiago Silva who also joined PSG for 35 million, now I think Silva is a world class defender who is worth that amount of money, but can someone please explain to me how Luiz is 15 million times better than he is?!
You didn't math.

Isn't the deal £40 million and not £50 million as was originally quoted?

Also, 15,000,000 times better than 35,000,000 is a big number. You meant 15 million pounds better, not times.

David Luiz arrives in Paris

Attachments

• IMG_14427302141155.jpeg
    IMG_14427302141155.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 7
42% better for £50m, 14% better for £40m. 15 million times better would be £525,000,000,000,000 - which I think Man City will be paying for a goalkeeper by 2018.

Anyone watching the League 1 Play off match between Orient and Rotherham, been a great game its 2-2 with about 6 or 7 minutes left, Orient were 2-0 up at half time, they're second goal by Odubajo was great but it Revell's equaliser was stunning and you need to see it if your not watching it!

....and it goes to penalties, 2-2 after 120 minutes!

Rotherham win 4-3 on penalties!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back