2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl.gif

Today is a special day to all Manchester United supporters for 2 reasons: It would have been Sir Matt Busby's 105th birthday and it is the 15th anniversary of the Champions League final in 1999 where 2 stoppage time goals from Ole Gunnar Solkjaer and Teddy Sheringham won us the European Cup.

So people have been talking about bad predictions that were made before the season, well I have been buying FourFourTwo football mag every month for the last 12 years and they have a massive season preview supplement magazine before every new season and this time they said Chelsea to win league (nope) City second (nope), United third (nope) Arsenal fourth (yes!) Spurs fifth (nope) and Liverpool sixth (nope), they also predicted that Sunderland Hull and Palace to be relegated (no to all three) Reading and Bolton to be promoted automatically (nope) with Leicester eighth, QPR fourteenth and Burnley sixteenth...although to be fair a lot of people said that Burnley would struggle...

So, was the Costa to Chelsea deal actually true? I haven't seen anything on it after the Champions League, when it was supposed to be officially announced.

I am also hearing rumors that Chelsea are going after Pogba. Are they stupid? We have a lot of money but, we don't need to be spending that kind of money on him. Even though I do highly rate him.

Brendan Rodgers signs new long term deal at Liverpool

And Sky Sports are saying that Tottenham are in advanced talks with Pochettino over the managerial vacancy..

Brendan Rodgers signs new long term deal at Liverpool

And Sky Sports are saying that Tottenham are in advanced talks with Pochettino over the managerial vacancy..

He'll get sacked next year then when Liverpool can't live up to this years' over achievement.

Get out of here!

What you been drinking this Bank Holiday ? :lol:

I'm not a fan of long term contracts and owners are fans of sacking people harshly. I was only half serious though, if he was Chelsea's manager it would be another story. ;)

So say Liverpool have a dogs arse of a start to the season, it's happened to the best of teams, how long will that "long term" contract be good for?

Six year deals never fail.

But Euro fatigue will be a very interesting factor for Liverpool next season.

Six year deals never fail.

But Euro fatigue will be a very interesting factor for Liverpool next season.
At least World Cup fatigue won't be :D

Anyway, the rule is that Liverpool finish 2nd and then they finish 5th-7th the following season - unless it's the 1970s or 1980s, but two decades from twelve is the exception rather than the rule.

Pochettino resigns as Saints boss and named new Tottenham boss...BREAKING NEWS!

He is taking his backroom staff with him too...big summer of change at Southampton!

I'm still a bit peeved that Sherwood didn't stay, even if he didn't stay on as manager he should have been assistant head coach or something. He's got a good career ahead of him, in terms of Tottenham managers he statistically was the best, out of all of them he had the highest win percentage. And he got that out of a very tough league with under performing players.

But still Pochettino is a good choice, lets hope he can get the players playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back