2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
  • 72,213 views
Oh you wouldn't believe some of the crap on Twitter! we lose one game and suddenly everyone's a comedian!...
 
Benatia and Rojo would be great signings along with Di Maria :p. where in relegation zone now fl championship here we come jokes.
Benatia will go to Chelsea if anywhere. Woodward should just offer what these clubs want and quit with the fannying about.
 
Benatia will go to Chelsea if anywhere. Woodward should just offer what these clubs want and quit with the fannying about.

I hope Burnley beat Chelsea tonight want them in the top 4. I'm sick of the epl. The fans are fickle for all the top clubs we lose one game they go mental. I give up with watching football this year.
 
Burnley-Chelsea is Monday night pal, Arsenal-Palace is tonight ^
 
Full time scores....Leicester 2-2 Everton, Stoke 0-1 Villa, QPR 0-1 Hull, West Brom 2-2 Sunderland, West Ham 0-1 Spurs, Great result for Leicester after being behind twice! 👍

Arsenal v Crystal Palace up next..
 
Blackburn win 2-1, Gestede double. Big tester is Norwich on thursday (?) night.
 
So Wrexham jumped up from 13th to 9th in the table today.

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO. Ahem...

1st Halifax Town 9pts +6
---
8th Barnet 6pts +6
9th Wrexham 6pts -1
10th Woking 5pts +2
---
21st Dover Athletic 1pt -4
 
Blackburn 1-0 up, Gestede :D

Oh and as a joke some fans writing #allardyceout after Tottenham were bumped into relagation zone on alphabetical order earlier :lol: @Akmuq
Allardyce? Tottenham?

I can imagine there was the usual
'AVB OUT', 'AVB IN' and 'SHERWOOD IN' after Naughton was sent off though. :p
 
Yeah United up to 17th....climbing the table already! :D:D:D
 
Climbing the table with 0 points. Remarkable!
 
Palace have scored!!!!!, Hangeland on his debut!
 
Man, with all of these teams struggling. I'm starting to get a bit worried about Chelsea on monday...
 
1-1 at half time, Koscielny with the equaliser, Palace do look just as organised as they did when Pulis was in charge..

Those Arsenal shirts looks so tight it looks like they were painted on!

2-1 Ramsey in the 90th minute!!!!
 
Last edited:
Ramsey saved our bacon right there, don't think we deserved the win but will take it :lol:
 
Good opening day for Arsenal with United losing and Everton drew..
 
Good stuff today, although Ross Barkley is likely to be out for a whopping 5 months with medial ligament damage.
 
So now sky sports are reporting Benatia is heading to man utd for a Medical I'll believe it when I see it.
 
So now sky sports are reporting Benatia is heading to man utd for a Medical I'll believe it when I see it.
I thought you were done with football for the year because other fans are fickle?
I hope Burnley beat Chelsea tonight want them in the top 4. I'm sick of the epl. The fans are fickle for all the top clubs we lose one game they go mental. I give up with watching football this year.
 
I thought you were done with football for the year because other fans are fickle?

Yep I am watching league 2 now just like to see what the latest rubbish news is. When we win they praise the manager when we lose they want him out. At least lvg realises his squad is poor and needs to strengthen unlike moyes and in his post press conference he didn't lie. There will be games we lose we can't win every game plus the first game means nothing. You could win and still get relegated Swansea will not win the league they could easily get relegated.
 
Good stuff today, although Ross Barkley is likely to be out for a whopping 5 months with medial ligament damage.
And he's in both my dream teams.....
 
What Ed Woodward and the rest of the board do now, is **** all, of course.
They'll see a player we really should be able to get, his team will say "£50 mil please" and they'll say "OK! Goodbye!"
So they'll settle for a much less effective player who they end up paying £30 mil for instead.
United need defenders alright...but whether they get them or not, or which ones they get, is a lottery.
As for the performance, well everyone made mistakes at some point really. Januzaj was particularly frustrating - he'll only get to the top if he stops being so bloody selfish.

Elsewhere, such a shame for Palace. Maybe they haven't forgot what Pulis taught them yet...but without Pulis, his stuff won't stay there.
Frankly bizarre Day 1 though, Arsenal's 90th minute win was the only home win at all.
Leicester showed why they will survive comfortably. QPR showed why they won't. Stoke will probably be bottom half this time, but I'm seriously rooting for Bojan. Berahino is the other player West Brom need to perform to stay up. And Tottenham look good for another Europa League finish (not in a bad way). I'm glad Pochettino bothers to play Lamela at least.

And finally, in France...(Skip to 0:12 and look on the right.)

 
Yep Brandao head-butting his own teammate, that actually happened, Brandao could get suspended for 5 months...

Liverpool just beat Southampton 2-1 in another tight game, Saints made Liverpool work for that win...

Newcastle-Man City just started, fantastic tribute to the two Newcastle fans who died in the Malaysian air crash before the game by both clubs...

Man City 0-1 up at HT through Silva..

City win 0-2, Aguero with the winner, City now go top....
 
Last edited:
Sky sports news saying that Lisbon are happy to sell and we want the player but we're refusing to increase out 16 million pound offer for the defender.

JUST GIVE THEM THE ****ING MONEY THEY WANT. Jesus, do they want another 7th place finish?
 
So we spent £35 Million on Shaw and now don't want to spend £16 mill on Rojo? :confused:
 
Whenever I put a V in google up pops Vidal I don't know why I keep checking obviously been checking too much.:ouch: All I can think is we are to scared of being told NO by the likes of Di Maria. At the end of the day it's more embarrassing and painful not trying at all!!!!:banghead::banghead:
 
How did Aguero not manage to make a single positive attack for Argentina in the World Cup, but he can score for his club after being on for just 9 minutes? If his season is injury-free, he could possibly be a Golden Boot contender.
 
When will the press realise we will not sign anyone?

Also, what Southampton crisis? Liverpool looking good for 5th at least.
 
#GlazerOut is trending on twitter. I feel this is the spark of something big happening. There have been talks of boycotting the next home game too.
 
#GlazerOut is trending on twitter. I feel this is the spark of something big happening. There have been talks of boycotting the next home game too.

Do you think it's the owners at fault?

Or is it that the chief exec (woodward?) hasn't managed to close any deals?

Or is that players don't want to come to Man U?

Always easiest to blame the owners.
 
#GlazerOut? After a net spend of around 50 million this summer and with the intention of spending more to get the club back to the top its their fault?
 
Back