2014 Grand Prix de Monaco

What's bad is not the fact that he did that at the time he did but the fact he celebrated as if he'd earnt it, why should his mistake gain him pole? Hamilton would look down if he'd got pole like that.

Last edited:

Yeah so basically Nico is wobbling all over the place and only at the last moment he locks up what I've seen.

Anyway it should be a good GP tomorrow with RBR not far off the top pace.

EDIT: From BBC: Mercedes and Nico Rosberg have been summoned to the stewards' office.

You can look at it both ways.

1. He did it on purpose, Schumacher style. Hamilton's poor boy vs rich boy antics and "I'm hungrier" claim have proved wrong. If on purpose, Rosberg has just shown there's a Schmucheresque ruthlessness and hunger so far unsuspected.

2. It was a mistake. Hamilton's gain in his mind games turned out awkwardly counterproductive this time. But if that's the case then Rosberg is done because it is now clear he cracks under pressure

Take your pick

Sure it does.
No, that's what you want to think. I don't blame you, but that's a different story.
And there's your simple thinking. Backing up in reverse on Monaco is very different than spinning out at Suzuka, especially when on coming traffic is coming toward you which forces stewards to pull out the yellow.
You said:
Okay and so what...he should still be punished for pulling a stupid move. These drivers should be thinking at all times that's what their million dollar salaries pay them to do.
Every spin, lock up, crash or mistake by a driver is a "stupid move". You don't get a penalty for all of them.

As for reversing, I'll get to that.

The guys if fluent in 5 languages :lol: and now you're going to make it sound as if he just picked up English a year or two ago...
It doesn't matter. Are you a bilingual at least? If you are, you'd understand. Speaking multiple languages doesn't mean necessarily mean your vocabulary's perfect in any of them.

Why would be nervous, he didn't do anything wrong didn't he? If he was nervous then he definitely did something on purpose then.
Same reason he was nervous in Malaysia, two laps in a row. I assume you're talking about the lock up.

Sorry but I just don't buy this 'he was nervous/confused' reasoning one bit.
Regarding the mistake or reversing?
Rosberg's investigation is not for a deliberate block, but for reversing back up the track....
RE: REVERSING
The yellow flags were already out, and he wants to get on with it. It's not like he actually re-entered the track like Ericsson did. It made 0 difference to the situation.

edit

You can look at it both ways.

1. He did it on purpose, Schumacher style. Hamilton's poor boy vs rich boy antics and "I'm hungrier" claim have proved wrong. If on purpose, Rosberg has just shown there's a Schmucheresque ruthlessness and hunger so far unsuspected.

2. It was a mistake. Hamilton's gain in his mind games turned out awkwardly counterproductive this time. But if that's the case then Rosberg is done because it is now clear he cracks under pressure

Take your pick
1. That's what I said.
2. It's been clear all season.

Scumbag move from Rosmacher. He knew very well he was wobbling his steering wheel like he lost control. I hope he get put back.

SnappyEquatorialBabirusa.gif

At least he'll get back into his cold calculated self after this incident, no matter what the outcome is.

Can you guys make up your minds by the way? Is it the lock up you're angry at or the reversing? Lock up is 10% chance of evil, reversing is 100% clean.

And why he chose that spot? because there is a runoff area to safely cause a yellow flag without damaging his car.. perfect for his plot.

No, that's what you want to think. I don't blame you, but that's a different story.

No, that's just what you've shown and there are plenty of people that would agree after the Chinese GP thread this year and the Bahrain thread.

You said:

Every spin, lock up, crash or mistake by a driver is a "stupid move". You don't get a penalty for all of them.

As for reversing, I'll get to that.

Once again if you can't see the reason why deliberately backing up in to traffic is an issue compared to snap oversteer causing you to spin because the driver is doing his job driving on the edge. Then you really shouldn't comment on the technical end of the sport.

It doesn't matter. Are you a bilingual at least? If you are, you'd understand. Speaking multiple languages doesn't mean necessarily mean your vocabulary's perfect in any of them.

Except he's been doing this for years, and I know what it takes to learn a language because I've done it before with two other languages. You learn common phrases and figurative bits of speech based on the culture to not make blunders that you claim Nico did.

Also show us where the yellow is already out and he's not reversing.

At least he'll get back into his cold calculated self after this incident, no matter what the outcome is.

Can you guys make up your minds by the way? Is it the lock up you're angry at or the reversing? Lock up is 10% chance of evil, reversing is 100% clean.

No the reverse isn't clean, there was other cars on a hot lap like Ric and Ham and they were ruined by Nico. The reversing only makes it worse, he had nothing to get on with or gain, the clock was out of time and he couldn't even get back to start a new lap.

EDIT: Also people don't have to pick it could have very well been a culmination of both events, he purposely drove it off to get a yellow and when that didn't work the next best thing was to reverse onto the track and then claim he didn't know what he was doing.

Last edited:
RE: REVERSING
The yellow flags were already out, and he wants to get on with it. It's not like he actually re-entered the track like Ericsson did. It made 0 difference to the situation.

Well what we would need to know is if the yellows only stayed out because he started reversing. That would be the key to that whole point. If they would have stayed out from him being at the end of the escape road then yes, the reversing isn't relevent. If however the marshals would have deemed the track safe and stopped waving them if he stayed put then we have an issue.

He obviously did re-enter the track or how else did he get back out?

As for getting on with it, getting on with what? He knew his quali was over as soon as the mistake was made, there was nothing to get on with and like I say I don't for one second buy that he didn't know it was his last lap.

Ted Kravitz seemed pretty convinced it was deliberate, a few team principals and engineers he'd spoke to were all in agreement that it was deliberate.

Same here, when i saw his hotlap onboard and he was steering left and right for nothing while the car was coasting i knew he was gonna fake a mistake or lockup to impede the drivers behind.

Its been a long time since F1 excited me as it does right now. Each week passing the Rosberg-Hamilton battle gets more intense.

IMO it was an accident, when I saw it live it looked like loss of control to me, maybe he hit that awful bump?

Its been a long time since F1 excited me as it does right now. Each week passing the Rosberg-Hamilton battle gets more intense.

IMO it was an accident, when I saw it live it looked like loss of control to me, maybe he hit that awful bump?
He had a settled car and was turning his wheel far to the right before braking.

Not surprised there's an investigation. Though I wonder what the heck they'd charge him with...

While it's a crying shame Hamilton's last lap was scuppered, because it was a cracker of a lap, it would also be a shame if Nico was stripped of his pole.

Of course, if guilty, he should be... what I mean is: it'll be a shame because it'll rob us of a good fight.

Not surprised there's an investigation. Though I wonder what the heck they'd charge him with...

While it's a crying shame Hamilton's last lap was scuppered, because it was a cracker of a lap, it would also be a shame if Nico was stripped of his pole.

Of course, if guilty, he should be... what I mean is: it'll be a shame because it'll rob us of a good fight.

The quality of the show is the only thing that will upset me, and the fact that for my predictions I had Nico slotted for pole so that means I'll lose points if he loses it.

463px-Facepalm.png

Once again if you can't see the reason why deliberately backing up in to traffic is an issue compared to snap oversteer causing you to spin because the driver is doing his job driving on the edge. Then you really shouldn't comment on the technical end of the sport.

Also show us where the yellow is already out and he's not reversing.

No the reverse isn't clean, there was other cars on a hot lap like Ric and Ham and they were ruined by Nico. The reversing only makes it worse, he had nothing to get on with or gain, the clock was out of time and he couldn't even get back to start a new lap.

If you can't see that it makes no difference whether or not he reversed then you shouldn't comment on anything anymore.

I'll show you footage once I get my hands on a recorded feed.

Well what we would need to know is if the yellows only stayed out because he started reversing. That would be the key to that whole point. If they would have stayed out from him being at the end of the escape road then yes, the reversing isn't relevent. If however the marshals would have deemed the track safe and stopped waving them if he stayed put then we have an issue.
Whenever there's a car in the escape route a yellow flag is out until that car is removed. That's been the case in all practice sessions and the feature GP2 race. They don't wave the yellows and go "oh look, there's space for another car in here let's just stop waving it".

He obviously did re-enter the track or how else did he get back out?
He didn't do it until the track was clear. There's onboard footage of Hamilton going past his parked car, which means he hadn't reentered the track yet which is very nice and considerate of him.

And why he chose that spot? because there is a runoff area to safely cause a yellow flag without damaging his car.. perfect for his plot.
Are you aware it's not the only escape route on the track?

Usually what you do when the world is against you and you think you're somehow right. Ironically it is us that are probably doing this more so at your inane comments.

If you can't see that it makes no difference whether or not he reversed then you shouldn't comment on anything anymore.

I'll show you footage once I get my hands on a recorded feed.

I've had no trouble finding footage of several key things on this, not sure why you are. As for what you said prior, I don't understand what you're talking about. How does it not make any difference? That's what they're investigating if you weren't aware, so obviously (yet again surprise surprise) there is some disconnect that you're having.

Whenever there's a car in the escape route a yellow flag is out until that car is removed. That's been the case in all practice sessions and the feature GP2 race. They don't wave the yellows and go "oh look, there's space for another car in here let's just stop waving it".

That's not true, there have been times in recent F1 history and all the way back decades past where they'd leave a car in that area because it was far enough off track to not cause a danger. If he had pulled further this would have been the case as well.

He didn't do it until the track was clear. There's onboard footage of Hamilton going past his parked car, which means he hadn't reentered the track yet which is very nice and considerate of him.

No there's onboard footage of Hamilton going past his car as Nico is reversing and then there is Nico's own testimony and apology for doing that as Lewis passed. Good job at not know what the freakin hell you're talking about.

Last edited:
Ted Kravitz seemed pretty convinced it was deliberate, a few team principals and engineers he'd spoke to were all in agreement that it was deliberate.
Oh, you mean that guy who's a Rosberg fanboy?

smh. Worry not, I'll do your defense for you. He said he didn't even see the footage, let alone got convinced. He was just quoting the team bosses.

I guess if they do charge him with anything it will be for reversing back into the track dangerously/unnecessarily.
Honestly if that's what they're going to give him a penalty for I'm traveling all the way there tomorrow to personally give them a beating. I'll wait and see what they actually do. It would really be the last straw for me. I'm sick of dumbass bias stewards ruining people's careers.
Stunned... no, surprised that anyone noticed that it was Nico's only mistake the entire weekend.
That lock up followed by a spin in the last corner in China/Malaysia(really don't remember which right now) were also his first mistakes all weekend up to that point. Even LMSCorvette noticed and pointed out that Nico's been overdriving the car this season. It's obvious he tries to push too hard.

Oh, you mean that guy who's a Rosberg fanboy?

smh. Worry not, I'll do your defense for you. He said he didn't even see the footage, let alone got convinced. He was just quoting the team bosses.
Yes I mean the Rosberg fanboy, says a lot when even he's convinced.

No there's onboard footage of Hamilton going past his car as Nico is reversing and then there is Nico's own testimony and apology for doing that as Lewis passed. Good job at not know what the freakin hell you're talking about.
Good job being blind. Very soon I'm going to get the clip of Anthony Davidson commentating on Hamilton's onboard while Nico's parked.

Honestly if that's what they're going to give him a penalty for I'm traveling all the way there tomorrow to personally give them a beating. I'll wait and see what they actually do. It would really be the last straw for me. I'm sick of dumbass bias stewards ruining people's careers.

You were critisizing Ericsson for doing that exact same thing earlier.....

Latest Posts

Back