2014 Grand Prix de Monaco

You were critisizing Ericsson for doing that exact same thing earlier.....

Oh no but that's different...

Good job being blind. Very soon I'm going to get the clip of Anthony Davidson commentating on Hamilton's onboard while Nico's parked.

Still doesn't change what Nico himself said, I'm sure I'll have to wait for you to get a time machine to stop him for ever saying it as well.:rolleyes::dopey:

Also instead of digging a hole got get the damn footage already, cause I assure you none of us are going to do it for you or help you even if we have it.

Whehey, Rosberg pulling a Schumacher :D Whether he did it on purpose or not is irrelevant now, we have a real rivalry on our hands. Expect to see hard, intense good old fashioned racing tomorrow and some long needed drama for F1 for the foreseeable future.

You were critisizing Ericsson for doing that exact same thing earlier.....
Did you miss this part:

RE: REVERSING
The yellow flags were already out, and he wants to get on with it. It's not like he actually re-entered the track like Ericsson did. It made 0 difference to the situation.

Ericsson reverse into the middle of the track while traffic was coming. Rosberg didn't. He just wanted to get back to the track, and did so when the track was clear.

He can reverse, do doughnuts or jump out of the car and start break dancing in that escape route if he wanted to as long as he didn't rejoin the track because the yellow flag is ALREADY out, and they weren't going to stop waving if he parked. That seems to be the rule this season for extra safety.

Oh no but that's different...

Still doesn't change what Nico himself said, I'm sure I'll have to wait for you to get a time machine to stop him for ever saying it as well.:rolleyes::dopey:

Also instead of digging a hole got get the damn footage already, cause I assure you none of us are going to do it for you or help you even if we have it.
If you start reading and comprehending the words I say, maybe then you'll realize it is different.

Lewis has been clean all season, while Nico looks like he has the hallmarks of being under pressure. I think the race tomorrow will test Nico's nerve.
I think Mercedes will keep them apart to diffuse any confrontations.

Looking at that footage it seems he could have easily parked that car in a safe enough position -
park.jpg

Instead he chose to reverse it back onto the track and no, the track wasn't clear when he did so.

If you start reading and comprehending the words I say, maybe then you'll realize it is different.

My reading comprehension is fine. What isn't fine is you distorting reality to fit your own narrative each week and thinking that every one will follow along with it. You saying it's different does't make you right because you say so, that has absolutely nothing to do with my reading your quote. I'm quite aware you think the situations are different but that does not at all mean you're right because you say so.

You might want to learn to separate your initiative from actual reality unless you like being the fall guy each GP weekend.

sems4arsenal

If Nico gets a Penalty than that is the race ruined for all of us.

Looks likely. Hope not though. Would like to see them bolting towards the first corner. F1 is great at this moment.

sems4arsenal

Looks likely. Hope not though. Would like to see them bolting towards the first corner. F1 is great at this moment.

Thing is if he doesn't get a penalty I can see him and an angry Hamilton colliding at some point on lap 1.

Looking at that footage it seems he could have easily parked that car in a safe enough position - View attachment 160771

Instead he chose to reverse it back onto the track and no, the track wasn't clear when he did so.
I'm pretty damn sure it's within his rights to rejoin the track when it's clear. If you say it wasn't clear when he rejoined, provide footage of him rejoining because I haven't seen any. From Hamilton's onboard I could clearly see Nico was still inside the escape route and not back on the track.

I'm pretty damn sure it's within his rights to rejoin the track when it's clear. If you say it wasn't clear when he rejoined, provide footage of him rejoining because I haven't seen any. From Hamilton's onboard I could clearly see Nico was still inside the escape route and not back on the track.

He would need to explain why he felt the need to rejoin firstly. Reversing back onto a live F1 track is not advisable, the session was not over when he did it but for him it was. Why did he need to rejoin the track? He didn't.

His lap was over, he had about 25 seconds to make it to the start finish line in order to retry. You can be sure it was a dirty little trick, but maybe it's for the best. It might be the initial spark to a great rivalry.

He would need to explain why he felt the need to rejoin firstly. Reversing back onto a live F1 track is not advisable, the session was not over when he did it but for him it was. Why did he need to rejoin the track? He didn't.
No he doesn't. Ugh. Just. Why. Not?

Why wait for the car to be delivered back to the garage instead of going there himself? Why waste the time?

I'm not even sure if you guys are serious at this point.

Fact: It's been the standard this year to keep the yellow flag out until the car/driver/marshal are out of the escape route. It's safer because if they push too hard without yellow flags, and decide to use that escape route there'll be someone there.
Fact: He had the right to rejoin the track. You don't have to give a reason why you exercise your damn right.
Fact: When Hamilton passed, he hadn't rejoined the track yet.

Samus

Thing is if he doesn't get a penalty I can see him and an angry Hamilton colliding at some point on lap 1.

Yes. The first lap will be pure unadulterated drama. Those cars are the same and the last thing Lewis want's is for Nico to get away.

But I would prefer them having love taps or chewing.

Big thing is strategy will be interesting...Rosberg will have first call if he's leading but remember the tyres take time to warm up and Lewis could jump him by staying out.

No he doesn't. Ugh. Just. Why. Not?

Why wait for the car to be delivered back to the garage instead of going there himself? Why waste the time?

I'm not even sure if you guys are serious at this point.

Fact: It's been the standard this year to keep the yellow flag out until the car/driver/marshal are out of the escape route. It's safer because if they push too hard without yellow flags, and decide to use that escape route there'll be someone there.
Fact: He had the right to rejoin the track. You don't have to give a reason why you exercise your damn right.
Fact: When Hamilton passed, he hadn't rejoined the track yet.

You have to rejoin the track safely. If that isn't possible, you don't rejoin the track. So it's up to him to explain why he felt reversing back into the race track was the safest option, rather than remaining where he was. I agree with Martin Brundle on this whole thing to be honest:

If Rosberg takes a penalty for reversing back to the track unnecessarily/dangerously that's a fair cop. I believe he didn't crash on purpose

Getting the car back for convenience does not take precedent over safety.

He had no reason to rejoin the track at that point. Session was over for him and no reason to get the car back to the garage either as it won't be used again until tomorrow afternoon.

Ninners
Big thing is strategy will be interesting...Rosberg will have first call if he's leading but remember the tyres take time to warm up and Lewis could jump him by staying out.

Lewis is the more likely racer who would put a good overtake move. Nico would, as we have seen in Bahrain...struggle.

You have to rejoin the track safely. If that isn't possible, you don't rejoin the track. So it's up to him to explain why he felt reversing back into the race track was the safest option, rather than remaining where he was. I agree with Martin Brundle on this whole thing to be honest:
It's up to YOU to explain why you think it wasn't safe when he rejoined the track in the first place. You're the one making the accusations buddy.
BHRxRacer

Nico was the first out to set a lap, he knew their were others behind him.
First out..when? At the beginning of the session or first not to take the chequered flag?
He had no reason to rejoin the track at that point. Session was over for him and no reason to get the car back to the garage either as it won't be used again until tomorrow afternoon.
I had no reason to eat a cheeseburger today. Does this mean I go to jail?

sems4arsenal

I hope so too, just a heads up but an easier way of replying to someone is hit the reply button at someone's post ;)

It's up to YOU to explain why you think it wasn't safe when he rejoined the track in the first place. You're the one making the accusations buddy.

Uh, what? We're having a conversation here, I'm not the one making the decisions. I'm simply stating the facts, the stewards will certainly ask him why he decided to reverse back out onto the track. If you don't think they will then, what exactly do you think they will be asking him?

I found this picture on F1Technical - person who posted said this was after investigation but cannot confirm. But anyway he doesn't look too happy.

BoaWeMuCAAEFpvv.jpg

BHRxRacer

The second stint Q3. I'm sure Nico was the first or one of the first out to set a lap.
I could be wrong but I remember Hamilton letting Nico pass him at some point in Q3.

Uh, what? We're having a conversation here, I'm not the one making the decisions. I'm simply stating the facts, the stewards will certainly ask him why he decided to reverse back out onto the track. If you don't think they will then, what exactly do you think they will be asking him?
What does that have to do with anything? It's none of our business here to predict what the stewards are going to ask him. You're upset and accusing Rosberg of being dirty for reversing. If you're going to make such accusation, back it up. Isn't that what you guys are all about?

I found this picture on F1Technical - person who posted said this was after investigation but cannot confirm. But anyway he doesn't look too happy.

BoaWeMuCAAEFpvv.jpg
I saw this minutes ago and I'm already furious. If the stewards give him a penalty for reversing into traffic without showing footage of it, I'm done watching F1. If a sport is that political, that bias, that corrupt I won't bother following it anymore.

I could be wrong but I remember Hamilton letting Nico pass him at some point in Q3.

What does that have to do with anything? It's none of our business here to predict what the stewards are going to ask him. You're upset and accusing Rosberg of being dirty for reversing. If you're going to make such accusation, back it up. Isn't that what you guys are all about?

I'm not accusing him of anything. I'm having a conversation in a forum, and wondering why he decided to back and and wondering if it was or wasn't safe. I've not straight up said he was dirty or dangerous and I'm certainly not upset, I have no emotional investment in a F1 discussion on an internet message board.

Back