2014 GTP 24 HEURES DU MANS [13:00 UTC 12 JULY]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 756 comments
I'm afraid not, no. Sorry, but one of the photos I thought I took of a stint hasn't registered on my phone so I won't know exactly how many laps were completed. Hopefully the live timing feed will help with this, once it's been made available for viewing after the race.
I can have a not-so-rough stab in the dark for you though, if this helps.
Is there a place on the thread where all teams' laps are being collected and displayed?

Cheers :)

A little idea for any future races like this (@memto89 might be worth a though for the N24 too)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dd4dMwds7mECZpil2sJ_fP_EWDrnu07rQcPIWYYWxbI/edit?usp=sharing

^^Very basic idea and can easily be improved, but if all teams complete it, and media staff can view it, then people will have a better view of who is where 💡

Kl... perhaps a simple sheet which allows for users to input stint lengths (as opposed to each end every lap individually) and then tallies these up would work better. Just a suggestion :)

Kl... perhaps a simple sheet which allows for users to input stint lengths (as opposed to each end every lap individually) and then tallies these up would work better. Just a suggestion :)
Like I say, can easily be improved (took me 5 min :lol: ), but yeah, that would work too :D

Thank you for a great time. I had quite a few off's in the first 3 hours but I ran very consistent I feel like in my last stint. Had a good battle with @AJ or I was just holding him back:) But a great time thank you guys.

Very! Though it seemed the team had issues later on in the race? Somewhere around the 15h to 18h mark?
You drived like a demon Derp as did the whole team, @micantony is always a pain in the 🤬 to race against, he's one of CRAPS fastest though and always a pleasure to run with.

Good battle!

Although a very late entry into this race, with very little practice / testing I must admit I had a great time. On the whole, driving standards were great from what I saw. And the BoP seemed pretty good too.

Only two issues I had with the race, first was the car choices in each class. Personally I would have liked to have seen the SLS, R8, Z4, GTR, Vette and Ford GT in LMGT-P or cars of that calibre, and then have the Lotus, TVR Tuscan, MX-5, S2000 etc in LMGT-S that would have made more sense.

Also, a little unhappy about the start of the race. The original plan was fine, but when the room had to be re-opened and basically just went green, that was a little unfair if you ask me. Some cars were half way round the lap before others had even got on track. I was under the impression we were going to do another parade lap and just have a delayed start, so I came out the pits and pulled over to let people through as we were starting last, only to realise that we were in fact racing.

I saw after my stint you posted on here saying go when you get in, but I didn't check on here in the downtime, and im sure others didn't either.

Other than that, good effort from everyone involved. Looking forward to Spa. 👍

A huge thanks to everyone for this great event! I had a lot of fun(even if my last stint was probably the worst I've ever done), and I'll definitely be back next year if we do this again. I did make a few mistakes and I'm sorry that I made contact with a few people. :cheers:

Well that was awesome. Not just the race, but the whole build up was excellent. All the practicing, the qualifying, etc all added to the whole experience. I do have to agree with @gtpcaine about the start of the race, and also the restart after the red flag. We had waited so long, a few more minutes wouldnt have mattered. I was gutted when the room DCd at the start, on what was going to be my only lap of the track behind the wheel, all be it at 50mph.

It was great to watch the race on Wardez stream, and after the red flag, I had to switch the live feed over to my stream, so the live timing stream went out the window. But I hope I did a good enough job for all those who tuned in.

Lotus Club GTs fastest time was set by SoKaGT, 4:01.438

Once again, an excellent event. Well done AJ.

:bowdown::bowdown:👍👍👍:gtpflag:

I have to agree with everyone, a really great and real fun event. Surprisingly few disconnects as well, seemed to be only us that had problems with that twice. I kept improving lap times all through the race and my last two laps were the fastest two (a pretty clear sign that I didn't practise enough ahead of the race, but was on vacation so didn't have a chance to until the day before :P ). Best lap for GORE: 4:02.835

Unofficial lap counts for TRL:

times in EDT
Start = bionic = 43 laps
12:00pm = micantony = 46 laps
3:00pm = bionicderp = ______
6:10pm = hector = 43 laps
9:05pm = micantony = 44 laps
12:00am = bionicderp =______
3:10am = hector = 45 laps
6:05am= micantony = 44 laps

Bionic, how many laps on your x2nd and 3rd stints?

Back