2014 GTP LONDON 12 HOUR [5-13 SEP]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 111 comments
That's what they thought until all the photos were turned in and the laps were counted up,,, i kept listening to them talking during the race and they were saying we were 1 or 2 laps down,,, i couldn't figure out how we got so far behind,, but they were kinda just guessing,, without all the photos they really didn't know who was leading

That's what they thought until all the photos were turned in and the laps were counted up,,, i kept listening to them talking during the race and they were saying we were 1 or 2 laps down,,, i couldn't figure out how we got so far behind,, but they were kinda just guessing,, without all the photos they really didn't know who was leading
Who won? Old Rosie Racing?

Just a quick word

That was a great race, really great to be a part of. Very well run event, from a competitors point of view it was very smooth. Had some great on track battles in my stints and enjoyed the race, even following the live stream when I was between stints, it was intense and great to see your teammate stream past on camera. Such a different experience from what I have enjoyed before in Gran Turismo, and something I want to be a part of in the future.

Thank you to all involved, both on track and behind the scenes, in particular AJ and Wardez who gave up their time to run the event.

I will hope to post a race report from my pov of my stints and team performance in the next couple of days.

Apologies for the delay in the publication of the Provisional Results.

We still waiting on some Stint Photos from BRR from their numerous disconnections. *

I can however confirm that the results that were published on the Event Broadcast look to be incorrect.

Many thanks for your continued patience.

* EDIT - I think this information may make a difference to finishing positions, which is why we are waiting for them.

Last edited:
POST EVENT UPDATE

- Complete Provisional Results have now been published in the new look OP.

- Many thanks, and congratulations to all who took part and to those who tuned into the live broadcast.

- As teams have already been informed, after the event I found a bug in NERDS that was not counting 2 of ORR's laps, therefore we called the wrong winner on the broadcast. This was the first test of the system, and I am satisfied that that was the only bug that slipped through the cracks. Having said that, it in no way detracts from how close the race was.

AJ
POST EVENT UPDATE

- Complete Provisional Results have now been published in the new look OP.

- Many thanks, and congratulations to all who took part and to those who tuned into the live broadcast.

- As teams have already been informed, after the event I found a bug in NERDS that was not counting 2 of ORR's laps, therefore we called the wrong winner on the broadcast. This was the first test of the system, and I am satisfied that that was the only bug that slipped through the cracks. Having said that, it in no way detracts from how close the race was.
Don't have permission to download the results.

Just echoing what my good friend and team-mate Andro has said - thank you to all involved for all the work that has been put into organising this event. Long may these special and unique events continue.

It was great to be able to hear a professional sounding commentary compliment the new NERDS system as well, so thanks to @AJ, @Wardez and guest commentator @Jordan for adding that extra bit of sheen. I hope that you're all able to be present at upcoming events to add the icing on this scrummy piece of cake :D

Happy with the result in the end, but well played to everyone who took part. And even though the turnout was low, the pace was reasonably equal between all the competitors, so I think it's safe to say that this particular race was one of quality over quantity.

It is unfortunate about the lag issues which actually robbed BRR of the victory right in the very closing stages of the race. I can only extend commiseration to you guys. We here at Team ORR have been fortunate enough to avoid experiencing any huge connection issues so far in our short career, so we can only imagine what it's like to be sitting pretty only then to have it snatched away by something that is, to a greater or lesser degree, out of your control. Thanks to you and everyone else for making it a race worth taking part in. Hope to see you return even stronger (not too strong, mind ;)) at the upcoming Spa 24H event in October :)

Thanks also to everyone on Team ORR for putting in solid stints all the way through - it's great to be part of such a committed team. Congrats also go to Andro for nabbing the fastest lap of the race as well :D

Great work on the OP AJ - the results docs are looking top notch as well. You've set a high standard for yourself. I hope this amount of effort is planned for any and all upcoming events you are considering organising as it's a joy to be part of.

Thanks for having us along for what has so far been a great journey 👍

Latest Posts

Back