2014 GTP LONDON 12 HOUR [5-13 SEP]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 111 comments
Event Update due this evening ahead of the Qualifying Week.

Attachments

• PREVIEW PROGRAM - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 43
  • PREVIEW PROGRAM v1.1 - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 50
  • Sporting Regulations - 181014.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • Sporting Regulations - 191014.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
  • PREVIEW PROGRAM v2.0 - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour & Nordschleife.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 37
  • PREVIEW PROGRAM v2.1 - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour & Nordschleife.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 312
  • N6 Supplementary Regulations - 271014.pdf
    213.5 KB · Views: 102
  • N4 Supplementary Regulations - 271014.pdf
    364.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Sporting Regulations - 271014.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • Entry List - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour.pdf
    594.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Entry List - 2014 GTPlanet Nordschleife 4 Hour.pdf
    615 KB · Views: 199
  • Technical Regulations for GT Cup - 291014.pdf
    114.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Technical Regulations for GT3 - 291014.pdf
    114.1 KB · Views: 133
  • RDP - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 183
  • RDP - 2014 GTPlanet Nordschleife 4 Hour.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 75
  • FULL PROVISIONAL RESULTS - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour.pdf
    983.3 KB · Views: 71
  • FULL PROVISIONAL RESULTS - 2014 GTPlanet Nordschleife 4 Hour.pdf
    873.1 KB · Views: 65
  • EVENT PROGRAM - 2014 GTPlanet Nürburgring 6 Hour.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 129
  • EVENT PROGRAM - 2014 GTPlanet Nordschleife 4 Hour.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 79
:confused::confused::confused:I´m missing something .... all team will be racing the 3 days or is one day per driver??

Its all on Page 4 of the Sporting Regulations at the top of the OP.

If you are still not clear after reading that, give me a shout. :)

If anyone wants a seat for my Team "Harsk World Motorsports", please send me an message by using GTPlanet conversation system.

Reactions: AJ
Event Update - 1 SEP

1 - I've have changed my PSN username/account as can be seen in the sidebar, competitors, please start sending me friend requests. I will pick up the stragglers, but it will be quicker if you send one FR than me sending lots. Many thanks in advance, I know its a pain but hopefully it makes sence on both fronts.

2 - Entry List updated.

3 - I will be starting Private Threads with individual Teams tomorrow. These will be for direct discussion, sorting out team specific issues, and the posting of all Stint Photos. This should be the only place Stint Photos are posted during the Event.

4 - Please can everyone familiarise themselves with the regulations (Sup Regs now published), particularly those regarding this week's qually sessions.

I received the 12 hours of London private p.m. So with that being said I'm in! 2 big 👍's

I can get 2 drivers togather 3 hour shifts each, but I will be looking for driver number 3 and driver number 4. I'm also capable of doing a 24 hour race with 3 drivers only, so I'm more than down to race a 12 hour race with only 3 drivers. So if there is 1 or 2 drivers out there that wants to team up with me and TNT please do so, or I buy myself, or I plus TNT would love to join 1 of you guys team?,. :cheers: @ All!

AJ
Event Update - 1 SEP

1 - I've have changed my PSN username/account as can be seen in the sidebar, competitors, please start sending me friend requests. I will pick up the stragglers, but it will be quicker if you send one FR than me sending lots. Many thanks in advance, I know its a pain but hopefully it makes sence on both fronts.

2 - Entry List updated.

3 - I will be starting Private Threads with individual Teams tomorrow. These will be for direct discussion, sorting out team specific issues, and the posting of all Stint Photos. This should be the only place Stint Photos are posted during the Event.

4 - Please can everyone familiarise themselves with the regulations (Sup Regs now published), particularly those regarding this week's qually sessions.

About quali - I've seen in the quali rules that each driver must do 5 laps at night. I wasn't aware that we had to our quali at night, is this correct?

Hey,am just wondering why are we using fixed room ownership? i think there is higher chance of being disconected with that setings.

Event Update - 2 SEP

1 - Event Schedule updated with revised Session Times for Qualifying Practice 1-4.
N.B all times are in UTC.

2 -
About quali - I've seen in the quali rules that each driver must do 5 laps at night. I wasn't aware that we had to our quali at night, is this correct?

As this event will not be run during night conditions, regulations regarding night conditions will not apply.

3 -
Hey,am just wondering why are we using fixed room ownership? i think there is higher chance of being disconected with that setings.

If the host of a non fixed ownership lobby DCs, he cannot rejoin that lobby, therefore we will be using fixed ownership. This is the same as at Le Mans, and we have extensive procedures laid out in the regs in the event of a mass DC.

AMENDMENTS TO THE SPORTING REGULATIONS

A few changes have been made to the Spot Regs regarding Qually and the of setting the Grid in an effort to clarify and simplify;

4.1 - QUALIFYING PRACTICE

4.1.d - All Drivers must complete at least 5 laps.

4.1.e - All Drivers must complete at least 5 laps during hours of darkness, if they wish to take part in the Race during hours of darkness. The Event’s Supplementary Regulations will define when the Race’s hours of darkness are, if applicable.

Notes - the 5 lap minimum if in order to assess Driver Discipline and Driving Standards as well as allowing for 3 flying laps to meet the 110% requirement. Night Laps are no longer mandatory. This will not apply at Brands but will do so at Spa.

4.2 - STARTING GRID

4.2.c - The average of the 2 Best Lap Times set by 2 different Drivers over the 4 Qualifying Practice Sessions will serve as the reference time for establishing a Team’s Starting Grid Position.

4.2.d - If a Team has been unable to field more than 1 Driver over the course of the 4 Qualifying Practice Sessions then they will be ordered on the Starting Grid behind those Teams who did field more than 1 Driver over the course of the 4 Qualifying Practice Sessions.

4.2.e - If a Team was unable to field any Drivers over the course of the 4 Qualifying Practice Sessions then they will start from the back of the Grid, at the discretion of the Event Officials.

4.2.f - If more than one Team were unable to field any Drivers over the course of the 4 Qualifying Practice Sessions then they will be ordered on the Grid at the discretion of the Event Officials.

Notes - the element of second fastest laps has been removed, now only fastest laps are relevant.

5.1 - WARM UP

5.1.b - The Warm Up Session will last for 45 minutes.

Notes - the session has been reduced in duration by 5 minutes.

QP1 starts in just under 60 minutes time.

Please note that Stint Photos must be taken before leaving the Pit Lane for the first time, and each subsequent time the Pit Lane is re-entered.

Good Luck to all those taking part.

There will be a 30 minute extension to QP2.

New lobby opening in 10 minutes time.

Qualifying Practice 2 Results published.

Qualifying Practice 3 starts in 1h 20m.

Safety car feedback.

Slower down the straights. The safety car can gather speed nearly as fast as my gt300, but takes the corners way slower. So down the straights I was full throttle trying to keep up, then the corners I was braking hard to avoid it. The safety car will need to run at a much slower speed, trying to get a nice average through the corners and down the straights so it is a lot easier to predict.

I was the one who gave the safety car a love tap, just due to the huge speed difference coming from the straight and into a corner, i had a decent gap but still hit it. Maybe run the pace car to about 100kmph, so only on the slowest corners you are dropping 20-30km, where the rest of the track you are running at a consistent pace. Would also be better when you pause to type a message, the pause speed isn't too far off regular safety car speed

Event Update - 07 SEP

1 - Qualifying Practice 3 Results now published.

2 - Sporting Regulations updated - there have been many small changes, please read through them and I will answer any questions.

3 - Supplementary Regulations updated - :rolleyes:

4 - There will be another QP session on Thursday evening (European time) for those Teams still organising themselves and their driver line ups. It will be considered as a time extension of QP4.

AJ
Event Update - 07 SEP

1 - Qualifying Practice 3 Results now published.

2 - Sporting Regulations updated - there have been many small changes, please read through them and I will answer any questions.

3 - Supplementary Regulations updated - :rolleyes:

4 - There will be another QP session on Thursday evening (European time) for those Teams still organising themselves and their driver line ups. It will be considered as a time extension of QP4.
Snap, looks like I missed this race?,. :banghead:. Well hit me up for the next one I'm always down for an endurance race. I would just like to join a team who always shows up for the endurance races because I'm reliable consistent and always there. Plus I just kicked my 🤬 out of the house so I just freed up some extra GT6 time now and the future! :)

Snap, looks like I missed this race?,. :banghead:. Well hit me up for the next one I'm always down for an endurance race. I would just like to join a team who always shows up for the endurance races because I'm reliable consistent and always there. Plus I just kicked my 🤬 out of the house so I just freed up some extra GT6 time now and the future! :)

Joe, check out the OP for details on when the actual Green Flag for this event is. You'll find it in the Event Schedule section 👍

Team Name - HARSK MOTORSPORTS
Team Nationality - USA
Team Manager - Harsk100/HarskGaming96
Team Type - network

Driver 1 - JoeTruckV8
Driver 2 - Roderuner1967
Driver 3 - TBA
Driver 4 - TBA

First Choice Class - Group N

First Choice Group N Car - Toyota GT86 Race Car
Version/Colour/Number - #67

If there are any individual Drivers who would like to take part on an Arrive & Drive basis, please contact me ASAP, we will be able to sort something out for you but time is short.

A little over 14 hours left...

EDIT:

When will we know the starting grid, AJ?

Last edited:
Late Team Entry
Team DIV (Sunday cup) would like to enter a team of 4 drivers.
Theewar
Weescotman
N-O-M-A-D-81
dowlin39

Team colour is Rosso Chiaro and we'll race number #95.

Theewar will take the first stint, then Weescotman, N-O-M-A-D-81 and finally Dowlin39.

Hope it's ok to enter this late.

Event Update - 12 SEP

Entry List Updated
QP 4 Results published
QP Combined published
Provisional Starting Grid published

As we have not had any Group N entries, the GT300 cars have been spun out into their own class. The BoP remains the same, this is purely for the sake of testing NERDS handling of multi class racing.

A huge thank you to the Sunday Cup guys for their last minute entries.

Lobby opens in 6 hours.

AJ
As we have not had any Group N entries, the GT300 cars have been spun out into their own class. The BoP remains the same, this is purely for the sake of testing NERDS handling of multi class racing.

So the Lotus is going to be 1 second quicker than the Megane still? Or both classes run at same laptime?

Race will start at 0800 in game time until 2000 in game time.

Back