2014 Nurburgring 24 hourFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,465 comments
Well PM is more appropriate as we don't what some unrelated discussion/conflict clogging up the thread.

I might aswell stop replying for now as it isn't improving things in this thread. But Lav we are not forcing you at all, they did it to spec them. Also I do think it is an embarrassment considering that SimTech and now involved in this and I don't want them to get a bad impression on us because we are having this kind of discussion.

Last edited:
We needed to acquire the vehicles for specing, as the next event is in around 2 weeks time we needed the specs done as early as possible so teams can start knuckling down on testing for the VLN, even though I'm not involved in the specing, but I do know that Matt(and John too) has put alot of effort into running the cars in and making them equal on lap times, I saw him in numerous sessions on the weekends, and probably while I was offline he was still pounding the laps out there and to get done in just a week is a miracle in itself, I managed to complete 72% of the game on just weekends(Friday afternoon-Sunday evening) and from the first weekend(Saturday afternoon-Sunday Evening) I had completed 52% so it's not impossible, and that included defeating the S class, however this glitch was made very public in a thread here which quite a few people have noticed, it's also a glitch which is pretty hard to solve in itself and games have these issues upon release, all we can do is blame PD, or we could say the person who discovered this loophole is at fault, baring in mind that no hacking is involved, it could just be a coincidence that somebody who accidentally deleted his game save and decided to stay on version 1.00 and went to garage and discovered the code numbers, just saying what I think on this, and besides I had already acquired the Z4 and the Audi R8 before I did this glitch, hopefully we can stop and move from this, anyway the cars have been specced and are ready to race if you want to use them.

~ Nin

I have no issue with the cars.

I have an issue with the timeframe to aquire them and properly test them.

Since I'm an eSports veteran (not in GT, however) I have never been in a serious competition where it's expected to use a game-glitch to be able to participate in a competition.

This is why I make my point.

Then again. I said I'm out since I won't resort to "cheating" to race in the series.

This is in no way "unrelated", Ninners.

// Lav.

What's with the secrecy? Why PM?

// Lav.
There is no secrecy, I don't have anything to hide, i just find it more respectful to go through PM... The fastest way to earn money legally is to either do the GT3 series, or you do the 24 mins of the nurburgring which will give you a substantial amount of money

like Z4 is like RAAWWRRR Im going to kill you Shane!
M3 likes to surprise me
SLS is a big ship
R8 doesnt like going to right way haha
GTR just doesnt like corners.
It leaves me thinking what am i doing so wrong haha. Whats a decent time around nurg ? i could be just over driving as iv never seen a time around here in GT6

Hmm when we were practising a bit the other day Nin did a 8:15 that's pretty decent. The times will probably fall when the fast guys get used to the cars though.

In the right car I wasn't actually that far off of that.. if only I could manage to drive a full lap without crashing ;)

8:20 would be a good time to start with considering how hard it is to crack the setups on these cars especially with all these big bumps, they can send you flying.

Welcome SMT!

I've updated the PSN Team Names graphic on my original post to reflect them joining our series and as a reminder that they, plus one other team (REST) will need to register their 'PSN IS' Team Name in the near future.

Also as a reminder, teams will need to to 'play' on those team name accounts sometime between now and February in order to pass their National B licenses which unlocks that account to enter online races, and also to earn credits enough to buy the car that the team chooses to run in the GTPN24.

At present we've not had confirmation from RPM or CGR that they are a confirmed 'Pro Team' and so until they do confirm, there is no requirement for those teams to create a Team Name PSN ID.

Photo17-12-2013094220_zps0010bf05.jpg

The main question is that do you have a team of 3 drivers? It is required to have atleast a team of 3 people, in the VLN you don't need to be together at one location, this only applies to AM teams which are racing in the VLN only, pro teams will have to race at 1 location for the N24 itself in February, but you must have a team and also if you do form a team you will have to wait until the other pro teams(or AM) have picked.

The main question is that do you have a team of 3 drivers? It is required to have atleast a team of 3 people, in the VLN you don't need to be together at one location, this only applies to AM teams which are racing in the VLN only, pro teams will have to race at 1 location for the N24 itself in February, but you must have a team and also if you do form a team you will have to wait until the other pro teams(or AM) have picked.
what he said ^^^

No i have no team. I was wondering, if i could join up with someone. I'm actually trying to join a team. Sorry if i didn't add that in

You did say you were looking for a team, don't think any of the teams are looking for members right now, except some teams who are looking for more drivers who live nearby them to drive in the 24 hour race.. but I don't think anyone lives near New Jersey. Anyway, if any team is interested they will probably message you, if you don't get any messages you could try to find some friends to join in a team of your own.

It might be worth sending a message to @LMSCorvetteGT2 and @LancerEvo7 to see if you can't form a team with them as they have both shown interest in the series as well... Im not to sure on LancerEvo as they drove with THAR in the last race and not sure if that contract still holds.

but this is what i know
AM teams
@Ninners
@adam46
@RACECAR
@LMSCorvetteGT2
@LancerEvo7
@STALLIONO

there is enough drivers there to make 2 AM teams, I will leave it up to your guys if you want to sort it out

Back