2014 Nurburgring 24 hourFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,465 comments
We didn't even use all the downforce available to us to get more top speed. But I guess you had a more powerful car so you had a fast car on the straights anyway. ^^
Yea plenty of power ;)

But other than that BMW is amazing car if you spend time on it it can do a magic don't you think Mikey:)
Yes quick car but with turbo kicking in difficult in the wet :(

We chucked it all on to make sure the car was safe as possible in the wet. We then spent hours on gearing the car to gain some speed back by using maximum efficiency.

I couldn't get on the with the BMW at the start but I'm yours was great - would love to try the tune

We chucked it all on to make sure the car was safe as possible in the wet. We then spent hours on gearing the car to gain some speed back by using maximum efficiency.

I couldn't get on the with the BMW at the start but I'm yours was great - would love to try the tune
Now the race is done I will upload it later tonight :D

Yeah I can see how the BMW with that huge turbo was hard in the rain. Our setup seemed really fast in the wet and that was one of our goals so I guess we managed that. Was a little sad we didn't get more 100% wet running because I was really gaining time on everyone when it got really wet. ^^

Yeah I can see how the BMW with that huge turbo was hard in the rain. Our setup seemed really fast in the wet and that was one of our goals so I guess we managed that. Was a little sad we didn't get more 100% wet running because I was really gaining time on everyone when it got really wet. ^^
I noticed the SLS doing well in the wet, the audi killed it in the dry and inters but full wet and the car was struggling like no bodies business

I noticed the SLS doing well in the wet, the audi killed it in the dry and inters but full wet and the car was struggling like no bodies business
The one time I got 100% wet for a longer while I gained about a minute per lap one your driver. That was fun, would have loved that to continue for a bit longer. ^^

I noticed your car required settling with throttle into every corner Matt - must been hard to learn to drive the ring like that
it was and it wasn't tbh, I always tend to ride the breaks and throttle anyway so it wasn't to hard to learn to do it for the ring.. the hard bit was learning to take the fast bumps in the car took me up until the night before the race to really understand how to do it

it was and it wasn't tbh, I always tend to ride the breaks and throttle anyway so it wasn't to hard to learn to do it for the ring.. the hard bit was learning to take the fast bumps in the car took me up until the night before the race to really understand how to do it

Well do it you did bud, I'm still in awe of your team's performance. Do tell Chorley and James that IMHO that was the best drive's I've seen from them by a long way

Other than that plux I would love to do some sprint on 3 laps with u as I heard some legends about you:)

No sorry 70 laps completed and waiting for octane to join on the beginning of 71 st my mistake
Big shame though but hey we got to the end and lived up to our team name :D just have to come back next year stronger than ever and take the win ;)

I'll be asking Matt about the other weekend to WEC for that slot over the summer months once I'm done testing. So far 3 of 6 cars are within 0.2 of each other. Will be getting the others into that range before fine adjustments are made :)

I'll be asking Matt about the other weekend to WEC for that slot over the summer months once I'm done testing. So far 3 of 6 cars are within 0.2 of each other. Will be getting the others into that range before fine adjustments are made :)
That would be a definite no go for me as that is when the WGTC is.

That would be a definite no go for me as that is when the WGTC is.
Round 9 = 31st May

I'll be asking Matt about the other weekend to WEC for that slot over the summer months once I'm done testing.

"Summer (June, July and August) is the UK's warmest season, with long sunny days, occasional thunderstorms and, in some years, heatwaves."

Your free Mike! :D

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back