2014 Nurburgring 24 hourFinished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,465 comments
But if rumors are to be believed it could be that GT7 will be with us before next Feb, and that could then bring about another change if it's decided to run on that.

Must admit, it'd be nice if PD fixes the issues with GT6 first. How we all would have loved to have the RA Menu available over the weekend ;)

BTW, is anyone else getting issues with their replay for the first part of the race. Mine plays OK but doesn't have a fast forward option, and when I try to view the Timing Screen the game freezes completely.

I just hope that when they shut down the GT5 servers they dedicate them solely to the community feature thats still to be released for GT6...after all we're supposed to be able to run clubs/leagues with ease with this feature...but i guess only time will tell.

Unless a race spec C7 becomes available by next years race, I'm using the Schulse GT-R. And congrats to TOR for finishing with the Z4. I tried it but it was horribly slow.

That would be perfect a all year to work on the car.....and practicing and we need lots of practice.

Hey.....you certainly don't need any practice at moving over in blue flag scenarios which you did excellently on the weekend and are the new 'Gold Standard' on that :). You are free to focus on getting some consistency to move you up the running order next year 👍

Hey.....you certainly don't need any practice at moving over in blue flag scenarios which you did excellently on the weekend and are the new 'Gold Standard' on that :). You are free to focus on getting some consistency to move you up the running order next year 👍
Heh like I've said before, I'm really impressed by their spirit, but not all blue flag scenarios were perfect. Hence why they got three warnings for driving standards. ^^ But if the consistency goes up I think those moments will disappear as well. :)

That is why we need to practice more and more to get to top places.... I hope next year we fight for 4rt or 3rd place....

That is why we need to practice more and more to get to top places.... I hope next year we fight for 4rt or 3rd place....

Our target each year will be to improve by at least 1 place, 5th this year means we will not accept from ourselves any worse than 4th next year, so stick to it and eventually you will be looking for the win ;)

Heh like I've said before, I'm really impressed by their spirit, but not all blue flag scenarios were perfect. Hence why they got three warnings for driving standards. ^^ But if the consistency goes up I think those moments will disappear as well. :)

Phouchg the warnings was because driving wilde to the grass wiht the car all wrecked insted to go slow on the track ..... but we to give some action to our participation or else it will be monotonous so far we behave well.

No next years will have a brand new one
Sweet when does it open :lol: or is that just getting too impatient :sly:

Hows this for a thought for later this year if teams could, 24 hours Le Mans? Probably have to do 2x 12 hour races but with DC's may not have to worry about the fact 200 laps is not enough for 24 hours too much???

Maybe August (6 months) 💡

Sweet when does it open :lol: or is that just getting too impatient :sly:

Hows this for a thought for later this year if teams could, 24 hours Le Mans? Probably have to do 2x 12 hour races but with DC's may not have to worry about the fact 200 laps is not enough for 24 hours too much???

Maybe August (6 months) 💡

Was discussed on stream but problem is GT6 only accommodating 200 laps max in races, La Sarthe would be 360+.

I have a couple of questions.

1) What can be added to the cars? I see the op says:
OP
Tuning:
Tuning of the cars was done at maximum, But it is not fixed. You may if you wish to lower the power and rise the weight then you can do.
Engine tuning:
If you car indicated engine tuning, you may tune it from stage 1-3.
Turbo:
If you car indicated turbo tuning, you may tune it from stage 1-3.

The car Im using (Schulse GT-R) and the hp and weight stats match the cars stock stats (with oil change). The main reason Im asking is because my fastest time is 8:47, I dont see any way tp get that time lower than 8:30.

2) How many laps are most teams getting before pitting? I was able to get 6. I was scared that I was going to run out of fuel (fuel pump icon turned red on the Antoniusbuche Straight). Racing Hard tires were doing ok at 6 in the front and 7 in the rear.

3) What tires are most teams using?

I can't comment on the GT-R teams tuning for power (engine or turbo), as i honestly don't know.

ABL's BMW M3 GT2 tune is the 1st post on the last page 👍 We could do 5 maybe 6 laps on fuel but could never get more than 4 from a set of soft tyres, we used the soft all the time in the dry as the pace on the medium was too slow with not enough laps to be worth it in our opinion.

EDIT: Any of the organizers that might have an idea, how do you think the cars will be allocated? Sign up order or finish order from this year?

The car Im using (Schulse GT-R) and the hp and weight stats match the cars stock stats (with oil change). The main reason Im asking is because my fastest time is 8:47, I dont see any way tp get that time lower than 8:30.

2) How many laps are most teams getting before pitting? I was able to get 6. I was scared that I was going to run out of fuel (fuel pump icon turned red on the Antoniusbuche Straight). Racing Hard tires were doing ok at 6 in the front and 7 in the rear.

Schulze GTR, we ran stock, as in oil change and that was it, no added turbo etc, and I had to milk it to get 8.05s from it,

Schulze GTR, we ran stock, as in oil change and that was it, no added turbo etc, and I had to milk it to get 8.05s from it,
TBH mate I felt for you guys doing 24hours in that thing :ouch: Adrian said that it was an option if we wanted to change (due to basically a new team), I said if he does that I'm out :lol:

We ran the stock setup with no turbo. The best time set during the race was 8:11.xxx on Racing Soft. Four laps on Racing softs with about 18 litres a lap. Lots of fuel left . If you get your setup right you should get five laps on Racing Soft but it is a bit risky when it is fully dry

the audi was on softs and could do 4 laps if careful but we did 3 lap stints instead, the fastest time we ever saw from the car was a 8:00.020

Our sls could do 8:08s after the first tyre change. Before we could do 8:05s. Best we did in the race was 8:14.0 though. We did 4 lap stints but the car could easily do 5 maybe 6. After 6 fuel ran out so no more than that.

TBH mate I felt for you guys doing 24hours in that thing :ouch: Adrian said that it was an option if we wanted to change (due to basically a new team), I said if he does that I'm out :lol:
Gtr's are not that bad, on some sectors we had a little battle with FTR gtr so if you will spend time with it it can be competitive

Gtr's are not that bad, on some sectors we had a little battle with FTR gtr so if you will spend time with it it can be competitive

Mate that battle was going to end with you guys on top, it was a brilliant setup that @WIDFO had developed for it, any 2-3 hour endurance race on tracks like Silverstone and Motegi I would take it everytime, but its not a car that would be entirely competitive over 24 hours, unless you had 12 drivers on the team,

Back